black screen in high ping server

raydanraydan Join Date: 2003-12-07 Member: 24123Members
i join a high ping server, like 3xx ping server.it show black screen, but i can open console
i wait over 5 minutes, it still black screen

console show:
[Client]: Ack 73 outside sequence window 74-202

And i always got a red plug icon when commander using "Distress Beacon" or at round start (in 32+ players high ping server).
it look like the engine is not good for high ping player

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2016
    It's very likely that you could have a bad connection going out of your country, considering where you are from.
    We have seen this before from other users from your country. It just doesn't have good international routing (intentionally, though).

There's not much we can do about it, unfortunately.
    If I were you, I'd run some packet loss and line tests to that same server IP (85.7.123.134) or to another switzerland / high pinging nation for you.

Chances are, this has very little to do with the engine/game. And you'll see similar poor results outside of the game.