Broken Achievements

VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
msc8awf2fw3t.png

Does someone have these yet?

I can't imagine nobody destroyed 10 Harvesters yet. Are they broken? Can someone confirm?

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    These are all in a single round. They're pretty hard, but I'm glad they are.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    It displays percentage under 0.1% just as 0%. Some of these achievments are counting per round and not in general.
    Achievements not unlocking
    rantology wrote: »
    So Brock just clarified that those statistics on the Global Gameplay Stats are counting every single copy of ns2 sold ever (which is 1.6million+ copies) - so seeing that .1% or even 0% does not necessarily mean no one is getting them... we're going to wait another week or two before reviewing / adjusting them. Thank you as always for the feedback, we're keeping an eye on it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Do you have to assist in killing 15 harvesters in a round, or actually be the one who deals the finishing blow?
    Because that's a poor game of chance, and not really an achievement if it relies on being the finisher.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Zavaro wrote: »
    These are all in a single round. They're pretty hard, but I'm glad they are.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe that should be put in the description?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    It should mention the 'in 1 round'. Some show it apparently.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Do you have to assist in killing 15 harvesters in a round, or actually be the one who deals the finishing blow?
    Because that's a poor game of chance, and not really an achievement if it relies on being the finisher.

Being the finisher 15 times seems unlikely.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Frankly, I can't imagine the kind of game where a single marine would get to kill 15 Harvesters - it would require to be a) long and b) that literally no ones pushes RTs. Sounds very frustrating :D
    (Also I can't imagine that aliens would survive long enough that a single marine gets to kill 15 Harvesters, since, you know, they are losing a ton of harvesters)
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Yes, I'm ok with 15 extractors on skulk, but for the marine it just doesn't happen.
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    15 harvester kills for a marine is so unlikely, so you have to try and not win. You cant lose either, because then the game will finish before you can get it. But you cant kill the harvesters too fast because then you just outright win. This achievement is stupid, and i dont know how you can ever see 15 harvesters = 15 extractors.......
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This achievement either needs to be lowered slightly or spread it across more than just one round
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    ... or make it a team effort achievment (adapt numbers).
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    _INTER_ wrote: »

Story to tell your children
    Witness destruction of 15 harvesters in 1 round.
    devel wrote: »
    _INTER_ wrote: »

Story to tell your children
    Witness destruction of 15 harvesters in 1 round.

15 harvesters totally sounds like an achievment even if just "witnessed" :smirk:
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have 53/53 achievements, so yes some of us do have them ;)
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    edited March 2016
    Syknik wrote: »
    I have 53/53 achievements, so yes some of us do have them ;)

Can you please describe the game where you killed 15 harvesters? I can't even imagine it.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    You just tunnel that objective. Took a few tries, because if you go for RTs from the getgo you kinda make the aliens want to quit the game. Best map is mineshaft, huge map, aliens get tons of RTs, normally goes to onos and stuff. Wait a few minutes then just focus on killing RTs and nothing else.

Edit: Same thing with defending a harvest/RT. get a game going then just sit by an extractor. Something to note, aliens have to bite the extractor, and you have to be close to the resource node.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    What Syknik is saying translated into reality is "Go cheat on a listen server."
    Frozen wrote: »
    What Syknik is saying translated into reality is "Go cheat on a listen server."

"Play a match against yourself with pre game plus" :D
  • AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    ^ that's how i got them
  • MzMzMzMz Join Date: 2006-10-23 Member: 58087Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm glad NS2 finally has achievements so I can really see how low the player retention rate is... d2u4f7fwiywn.jpg
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MzMz wrote: »
    I'm glad NS2 finally has achievements so I can really see how low the player retention rate is... d2u4f7fwiywn.jpg

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2275433/#Comment_2275433

You're welcome.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Yojimbo plz. Don't interfere with a keyboard warrior's passive aggressive complaints.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    I'm glad NS2 finally has achievements so I can really see how low the player retention rate is...

You're welcome.

Uh, you know that that is exactly his point right? Only 1% of total sales are still playing. Rant's reply was more regarding difficulty levels.

Also, I'm amazed at all of you who didn't look at that and figure that out straight away, needing McGlaspie to clarify for you guys. What else did you think? People can't complete a round in either faction?
    edited March 2016
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    I'm glad NS2 finally has achievements so I can really see how low the player retention rate is...

You're welcome.

Uh, you know that that is exactly his point right? Only 1% of total sales are still playing. Rant's reply was more regarding difficulty levels.

Also, I'm amazed at all of you who didn't look at that and figure that out straight away, needing McGlaspie to clarify for you guys. What else did you think? People can't complete a round in either faction?

I did think of this right from the beginning, I just steam rounds up to 0.1% if _someone_ has the achievement.

edit: assumed*
    It doesn't round up to 0.1% from 0.0% if just one person has the achievement. I checked this with someone who cheated the achievements to get them. They had all of them, but they show 0.0% still for the harder to believe achievements. I don't know what the cutoff is, but 0.05% is a good guess.