Crash Sequence Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageCrash Sequence Update - Subnautica

Subnautica Early Access has always featured the Life Pod – An escape capsule ejected from the crashed Aurora Starship. How did it come to rest on the ocean surface? What...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Let there be comments!
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Comprox wrote: »
    Let there be comments!

I wasn't expecting an update, but I'll gladly take it
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Thank you for sorting out the language drop down menu - now I can have Swedish back. Love the new text font too. :smiley:
  • PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    I'm having a bug with the Stalker. I gave one some metal salvage and it kept following me around out of its Kelp forest, bringing me more metal salvage every 1 or 2 minutes and littering the floor with tooth. After quitting and loading back the game, it stopped that behavior and kept swimming around the safe shallows. I'm not sure if that bug was present in previous versions, that's the first time I tried taming a Stalker like that.

Other than that, the added fire in the crash sequence is quite nice. I'm looking for more uses of the extinguisher in the game, though I'd recommend it to be recharged with water instead of making it unlimited. It's also great that crash powder can now always be found in the crash plants. It makes acquiring the Welder easier early in the game, or making flares less expensive.
  • BrickIronjawBrickIronjaw Brisbane, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214349Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    All of the HUD and UI overlays have a bunch of random text over them, and I am getting some graphical glitches. Anyone else?

Yeah, I have the same thing and it seems to come with a huge hit to FPS but I haven't had a chance to play around with settings yet.
    Otherwise, this update is very nice. Very excited for the future of this title, they really have nailed it so far.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I did notice that I can't play the game now on the minimum setting. I tried it just 24 hours ago and it worked fine but laggy on minimum. Plus I don't have the kind of cash to upgrade my computer, so that does raise some issues for playing it
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    edited March 2016
    Not sure why we are only seeing this notice about the update now? As I saw this new intro when I updated Subnautica a couple of weeks back and started a new game in hardcore.

But otherwise, nice work devs! :)

- Hyp3rion
  • DuganMacDuganMac USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213909Members
    Great idea, but ditch all the glitches and it will be even better....
  • reeferbackreeferback Lost in the Kelp Forests Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214367Members
    This update is a bust for me unfortunately. I freaking love this game, but not being able to reliably have a save game is a dealbreaker for me. I'm having an awful glitch with my Nvidia drivers, latest version, GTX 970, i5 6600k. Every time I go to construct a multipurpose room, the driver crashes leaving me with a black screen (monitors go to sleep mode). Sound continues, the computer itself continues to run fine, but the display driver crashes almost every time I try to construct a base. My PC is rock solid stable on all other games I play. I tried forcing DirectX 9 but that doesn't seem to help (and actually triggered another crash when building lots of glass corridors together). When I reboot my PC after this happens and relaunch the game, my save game is gone. :( Hoping for another update to fix some of the stability issues soon :)
  • reeferbackreeferback Lost in the Kelp Forests Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214367Members
    Here's my output log. Definitely looks like some errors. Hope the devs can see here.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Hyp3rion wrote: »
    Not sure why we are only seeing this notice about the update now? As I saw this new intro when I updated Subnautica a couple of weeks back and started a new game in hardcore.

But otherwise, nice work devs! :)

- Hyp3rion
    The intro cinematic came with the farming update, but the fire is new - at least for stable.
  • BruhBruh Denver, CO Join Date: 2016-01-25 Member: 212090Members
    That stalker thing isn't a bug you just tamed it with metal and it gave you teeth.
  • PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    Bruh wrote: »
    That stalker thing isn't a bug you just tamed it with metal and it gave you teeth.

That I understand, but I don't think it was supposed to give me each and every metal salvage wherever I went and never stop. It even attacked me during nightime but still continued finding salvage one after another. /:
    Update to my situation above, for the record. I seemed to have stabilized the game by installing nvidia driver 362, turning on FXAA through Nvidia Control Panel for the game (maybe/probably not related), and running the game in Windowed mode (experimental high res) in 1600x900 (i have a 1920x1080 display). Game saves aren't disappearing and it hasn't crashed yet. Odd indeed. Hope to play full screen again soon :\
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Started up a new game last night to test out the new things. Putting out the fire was harrowing, as I thought it wasn't working at first and I kept getting burned. I did finally beat them back, though. It was a cool addition, as was fixing the pod. Took me a little bit of time to get some crash powder, because my first priority was getting a small base with a breeding aquarium. And this time it didn't take me 2 IRL days to find the solar panel fragments! That in itself felt like a miracle. :3

All the wrecks are pretty awesome too! Well, minus the floating doors of doom but I've been using them as a landmark. XD
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    love the new intro, sadly I still get that tray to the face, keep it coming.

Fixing the pod is now my 1st thing to do, after making a few air tanks, having to deal with a Crash fish and the exploding drama and pain that comes with needing the powder, is not my idea of a day at the beach. B)
    But then again survival is no day at the beach and diver Dan can handle pain in order to make the much needed welder.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Worst safety escape pod ever! Loose plating, able to decapitalize you :trollface:

Ey someone had to say it
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Just had a small 32.5MB update to the stable version (30230) :smile:
  • sugarfreak101sugarfreak101 u.s.a Join Date: 2016-03-25 Member: 214785Members
    edited March 2016
    i think what they can add is right before the crash sequence the guy shold be runing to the pod and fall on the ground have a big bar fall on his leg and someone help him they BOTH get in the pod and the plating hit the other guy and kill him (sadly) and you can pick up what was on him to use and so on from their. just as a suggestion :).
    btw dev's good job on the game i think its hard to make a platformer 2D game.i hope you can put this in the next update.i know you guy's are working hard keep it up.
  • sugarfreak101sugarfreak101 u.s.a Join Date: 2016-03-25 Member: 214785Members
    edited March 2016
    good work unknown worlds
  • PRARPRAR United States Join Date: 2015-06-03 Member: 205186Members
    Great job not dieng survivor. Wtf are you computer gladoos?
    PRAR wrote: »
    Great job not dieng survivor. Wtf are you computer gladoos?

That AI is a savage
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    The PDA... manufactured by Aperture Science.