Crash Sequence Firefighting - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageCrash Sequence Firefighting - Subnautica

Hi everyone! We’ve just released a small patch that addresses some issues with the Crash Sequence Update. Here’s what it does: Stops the user interface becoming garbled in some cases...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Nice! I was just about to start another new game because my pod teleported to oblivion before I could build a powered base of operations. It'll be nice not to have the floating doors of doom looming in the distance (even if they made a nifty, if eerie landmark XD). Thanks for such a quick patch guys!
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Thank you for removing the floating props!
  • EdemlambEdemlamb France Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214508Members
    edited March 2016
    No effect for me. After few seconds of game, picture crash (sound is ok) and after return tio desk... :/
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited March 2016
    Gravity anchor do not allow lifepod to swim away . Am i correctly understand?
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    * Recommend you add a circular progress counter when using the fire extinguisher. (just like the welder or scanner has) - Can't tell how well you're doing on putting out the fire.

* Might want to add a free welder to the on-board storage container for intro sake. Lets you fix the pod right away so you can play messages and such. (you could code the welder to break or die right after this one use)

Otherwise looks good. (a nice opening sequence)

NOTE: minor bug. The first aid cabinet appears to be opening backwards into the wall, instead of forwards into the pod room space.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    "We hope you are enjoying the Crash Sequence" -Thank you and have a very safe and productive day.

Made me snicker :D
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Aquatarkus wrote: »
    * Might want to add a free welder to the on-board storage container for intro sake. Lets you fix the pod right away so you can play messages and such. (you could code the welder to break or die right after this one use)

Otherwise looks good. (a nice opening sequence)

NOTE: minor bug. The first aid cabinet appears to be opening backwards into the wall, instead of forwards into the pod room space.

Yup i agree with the one-time use of a welder added in the Lifepod at beginning.
    Also yes i had the same problem with the First-aid kit cabinet's door opening/closing weirdly

• j0ndavj0ndav Bristol Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214373Members
    good job - makes a nice change that something is fixed quickly and the customers (players) are kept informed. Take note large companies, this is how to do it.
  • CzechsMix357CzechsMix357 Oregon Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214662Members
    I am still having audio issues at the start of the game. The sound is fine until the loose panel flies towards your face, then the sound cuts out. If I create a save game (which can only be done after putting out the fire), exit the game and reload the save, the audio is fine. I have notice some others that were having a similar issue to me in the previous thread. The sound card I have is a PCI interface Sound Blaster X-Fi, if that helps. It's not an issue that detracts at all from the game, but I thought you would like to know about it.