Hive Tentacle Clipping

loMeloMe PA Join Date: 2014-02-26 Member: 194387Members
edited March 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Changed my original post.

Read 3rd post

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    In the clip it seems like you're hitting the tentacles on the hive, which would seem about right, no? Not saying this isn't an issue, but a better clip would be nice if possible.
  • loMeloMe PA Join Date: 2014-02-26 Member: 194387Members
    edited March 2016
    So I'm gonna edit the post above to avoid confusion, but I tested out the clipping and the hive model is pretty accurate to the hitbox. The problem I have with the hive are those tentacles. Gorges and other lifeforms can move through the model of the tentacles freely which soaks up tons of damage that would have otherwise hit their lifeform. Here's a video of what I mean:
    I think either you should not be able to walk through the tentacles model or you make them not part of the hive hitbox (bullets go through it) at least in the areas you can clip through them.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you change the collision box for the hive, doesn't that cause problems with maps like jambi in waste recycling? You won't be able to pass the other side as a marine behind the hive.

I guess that should be the map makers problem tho.