Submarine docking bay

cobrakiller456cobrakiller456 Texas Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 213990Members
alright u know how the "seamoth" has that underwater docking bay that charges and brings out of water. well could they do the same thing for the cyclops..

Comments

• cobrakiller456cobrakiller456 Texas Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 213990Members
  • cobrakiller456cobrakiller456 Texas Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 213990Members
    the concept of my idea :)
  • konbedkonbed Belgium Join Date: 2016-03-11 Member: 214104Members
    According to wiki there will be some magnetic shit to dock a cyclops. But both ideas are great :3
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    A actual bay a la moonpool for the cyclops will be way too large. A simple tube would be better
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Darwin-Evolution right. Also you all forget that Seamoth has Hatch on TOP, and Cyclop - only BUTTOM - For exit from it you allways must to swim down
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Yeah, the cyclops could probably benefit from being given side doors/dockingports. Maybe in that empty room between the bridge and engine?
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, the cyclops could probably benefit from being given side doors/dockingports. Maybe in that empty room between the bridge and engine?

How do u planing to dock then? moving strafe? cyclop not moving by starfe. For dockin from side port we have bad view too. One good point to place docking port - below main window. Just add to existing airlock another door. All like on that picture above
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    How do u planing to dock then? moving strafe? cyclop not moving by starfe. For dockin from side port we have bad view too. One good point to place docking port - below main window. Just add to existing airlock another door. All like on that picture above

The only reason i'm not suggesting the "front entrance" is because it looks as if there's sensors or some such located there.
    As for the strafing issue, There's plenty of vessels even in our world that cannot strafe that only has side entrances, Cars for example, And yet we have little problem "parking" them in the correct position.
    another words - you want to parking via autopilot - like a seamoth? .... Naaah! I like to do this by manually and for this i need a goog view
  • NinthGuardianNinthGuardian Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214405Members
    edited March 2016
    How about this?

Subnautica-Roadmap.png

Could require a device that is installed on the top or lower hatch of the tunnel. You know... To explain why I crash into everything else but magically can connect to this.
    another words - you want to parking via autopilot - like a seamoth? .... Naaah! I like to do this by manually and for this i need a goog view

To be honest, The cyclops doesn't really have what you'd call good view; Even from the front window.
    And there will be some "autopilot" when docking no matter what, as it seems that is the devs way of lining up the models so their animations match.
    And i don't really want autopilot parking either. But maybe once you get close enough though it activates, Like right besides the docking port.
    maybe u right - such as in docking procedure of seamoth.