UI Graphical artifacts / weird letters

RisquuRisquu UK Join Date: 2013-12-18 Member: 190257Members
Hi there, I just got the game today and had the following problem upon starting it, which can be best shown with screenshots.

iWkRoRr.jpg
aL7LbkT.jpg

I use an AMD R9 380 with Radeon drivers 16.3 (latest), on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit.

Comments

• waldhornerwaldhorner USA Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214337Members
    edited March 2016
    Hey guys, just got this game on steam after watching some videos. It looks really neat, but I am also getting strange graphical bugs. The title menu is black, and the text/ font appears as giant blocky shapes instead of letters.

I clicked around and was able to start a new game, and the opening cutscene (with the escape pod) appeared to be running fine. The font was still wacky, though.

I am running OSX 10.9. If I missed something I needed to do related to the font, please let me know.
  • ElrawrElrawr Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214350Members
    I'm getting the same thing, Geforce GTX 980ti, Windows 8.1 Pro.
  • HaemokineticHaemokinetic United States Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214368Members
    Having the same exact issue. It's really jarring and I can't figure out how to fix it. Might just refund the game.
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214378Members
    I have exactly the same problem. It started just yesterday (16th March of 2016).

My Graphic Card is a GeForce GTX 670 with nVIDIA driver version 364.51.

Already tried:

1- Uninstall and install (starting over, of course I backed up my saves first)
    2- Redo Graphic Drivers
    3- Open the game with all Texture profiles and then changing them to min and max while ingame through F3
    4- Alt+Tab to outside of the game, then back in
    5- Alt+Enter to get my game in a window, then back to fullscreen

Nothing seemed to worked so far.

Any heads up would be appreciated.
  • AliBAliB Join Date: 2015-04-21 Member: 203699Members
    Exact same issue here.
    I also posted it and someone ( j0ndav ) came up with a workaround. Start/load a game and just change the texture quality. If you've got the same problem as I had and "esc,F3" or "tab,F3" doesn't work anymore press: ESC,F3,F8 (yep, all three in this order...) and then change the texture quality (I only tested 4), wait until the game runs again and you should be good to go until it is fixed.

I hope it helps
    AliB, I already worked around like that, but some things are still buggy. For instance, when I press Tab, the PDA is all flashy with rainbowish colours, if I had fotoelepsy, that would be a huge issue.

Besides that, some items keep changing it's icon, they are kinda going through all in-game icons in a very fast paced rythm, like 10 icons per second or so, and between those icons, there's also a white icon, which we see most of the time, or maybe it's due to the fact of being a white square icon that captivates the most attention, dunno.

And when I did that, the ocean grass turned 8-bit'ish, kinda like Lego Grass, which was really weird. Didn't manage to explore because the whole ocean seemed like a LCD trip :persevere:

Let's see what they have to say about this.

By they way, AliB, what's your graphic card? That might help determining if it's a graphic collection problem :wink:
    edited March 2016
    I took the liberty of taking some screenshots.

Here's how the game looks like:
    Proof 1
    Proof 2
    Proof 3
    Proof 4
    Proof 5
    Proof 6
    Proof 7
    Proof 8

If there's anything else I can do, please tell me.

Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme

Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 2.6GHz

RAM: Crosshair Dominator Triple Channel 3x2GB @ 1600MHz (Default: 1333MHz)

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP 2 GB
    GPU Driver: 364.51 (Released at 8th March of 2016)

Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX

HDD 1 (C:/): Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB @ 10.000 RPM
    HDD 2 (D:/): Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB @ 7200 RPM

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (x64)

Edit: Also added DxDiag.txt and output_log.txt
    DXDiag.txt
    Output Log.txt
  • Ekinox0310Ekinox0310 Mexico Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214347Members
    I have the same problem,Nvidia GeForce GT 610,the game was running good until the update.
  • Ekinox0310Ekinox0310 Mexico Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214347Members
    I have the same problem,Nvidia GeForce GT 610,the game was running good until the update.
  • SiricoSirico UK Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214398Members
    I've had similar issues on my 560ti.
    imgur.com/a/GElfN

It's even rendering the camera in the status bars
    http://imgur.com/0w1jOxG

Sounds cutting out to boot I only just brought the game can't wait ot have it all sorted.
  • SiricoSirico UK Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214398Members
    I have seen through the void! mgv87qb.jpg
    Sirico wrote: »
    I have seen through the void! mgv87qb.jpg

That's actually Skynet's doing... :tongue:

I've also seen that, but by changing the graphic settings (Esc then F3 then F8 then choose quality 4) it fixed that issue, but there's so many other issues :disappointed:
  • MaddiePie22MaddiePie22 Michigan Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214402Members
    Same thing is happening to me too! Just bought the game today and I thought something was wrong with my laptop. Hopefully they'll fix it soon! I've tried some of the suggestions on changing the screen's resolution but that isn't working for me.
  • j0ndavj0ndav Bristol Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214373Members
    There is a workround for this - not perfect but it works,

Load up your save game, when in game press ESC, then F3 to bring up the graphics menu. where it says 'texture settings' click on no 2 3 or 4

I had the problem where i couldn't select 2,3 or 4, so i pressed ESC,F3,F8 - i was then able to select it. My system then seemed to hang, but i waited and the game sprang into life with a lot of the bugs gone.
    j0ndav wrote: »

Load up your save game, when in game press ESC, then F3 to bring up the graphics menu. where it says 'texture settings' click on no 2 3 or 4

I had the problem where i couldn't select 2,3 or 4, so i pressed ESC,F3,F8 - i was then able to select it. My system then seemed to hang, but i waited and the game sprang into life with a lot of the bugs gone.

The screenshots I took, was by using that method. Dunno if your game looks like that after that "quick fix", along with item icon skin changing all the time.

What's your graphic cards guys?
    Leg4cy wrote: »
    j0ndav wrote: »

The screenshots I took, was by using that method. Dunno if your game looks like that after that "quick fix", along with item icon skin changing all the time.

What's your graphic cards guys?

mine wasnt perfect, but i used setting 3 and it was MUCH better. Only thing i noticed was the seamoth had a cyclops marker. All other flashing icons etc that i got on other settings were gone. I have a GTX660 so not exactly hi spec :)
  • RisquuRisquu UK Join Date: 2013-12-18 Member: 190257Members
    I've seen plenty of other threads and comments around the web on this issue, so it seems to be a pretty widespread bug and present across different graphics cards and OSs. Anyone seen any word from a dev anywhere to confirm that they're aware of it and potentially an ETA of when to see it fix?
    yes, they are aware of it - apparantly it's to do with the unity engine needing an update.
    I just wanted to say that this bug is fixed with the current stable build.

Since no one stated it so far. At least in my end it's fixed.
  • Dex_LutherDex_Luther Montreal, Qc Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214839Members
    When you guys start the game, are you selecting recommended or experimental from the quality menu?

Also, what resolution are you playing at? Windowed?
  • MatrillexMatrillex Join Date: 2018-11-12 Member: 244673Members
    I'm also having a graphical error, one of which it seems no one else is really having and I have no clue how to fix and I can't post about it until I make a post.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    2mrw5p.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

(See thread creation date, as well as screenshots from build 29912.)

However, since you can't make a thread until you post, I suppose we'll forgive you. ;)