Every thing is red and blue

swiftimpactswiftimpact US Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214278Members
When you would go to the old movies and they would give you those glasses with blue on one side and red on the other. That is what I am seeing in game. It is like it is in a 3D mode and I cannot figure how to turn it off. On the bottom right hand corner it were saying things like the name of the game and told me that I can toggle this info on and off by pressing ctrl+alt+ins. Any help where I can set my game back to normal? I have already deleted the game and reinstalled it. By the way steam overlay has also changed colors for the names of my friends from a normal green to a dull orange (this only happens in this game only)
(when I screen shot the menu of Natural Selection it will show the screen shot in normal color)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    Can we haz a screenshot, I'm curious what it looks like :open_mouth:

Also, since you've done the reinstall. This sounds like either an issue with your graphics card or a setting on the 3D driver settings (although from the top of my head I cannot recall an oldschool 3D setting). Are more games having this issue, you said Steam Overlay is also 80ties 3D view?

Btw did you also remove the "%appdata%/Natural Selection 2/" files in that folder and the SavedVariables folder? That would be a complete reinstall, without losing the workshop and other downloads IIRC

Or follow the complete NS2 install nukem from orbit guide :D
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131428/obbys-full-nuke-ns2-guide-only-way-to-be-sure
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm guessing you accidentally turned on NVIDIA's 3D thing.

If you open up your NVIDIA control panel in your system's Control Panel, and then you need to uncheck 'Enable stereoscopic 3D'.

mHbZfWS.png

This should solve the issue.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Heh I figured as much, still can I haz my screenshot @swiftimpact :'(
  • swiftimpactswiftimpact US Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214278Members
    Thank you @Zavaro, it was the stereoscopic 3D vision. @Kouji_San when I took the steam screenshot it would look like the game was fine. Thank you guys
    Thank you @Zavaro, it was the stereoscopic 3D vision. @Kouji_San when I took the steam screenshot it would look like the game was fine. Thank you guys

Well good it's fixed, not good I didn't get my fix :tongue:
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Kouji_San May I suggest, if you need a fix, that you enable stereoscopic 3d in your drivers?
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    @Kouji_San May I suggest, if you need a fix, that you enable stereoscopic 3d in your drivers?

Daheck, doing stuff myself? Are you insane, I've got people for that kinda stuff ya know :open_mouth: