Cyclops improvements

scanfescanfe ITALY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213729Members
Hello guys, I am new to the forum so I apologize for any mistakes and missing bbcode (XD)

I wanted to touch on the cyclops and have your ideas on possible improvements:

in my opinion the cyclops really needs a secondary improvement console (much similar to the sea moth) to load for instance SONAR which would be really helpful (I'd be nice to have a 360° sonar scan too) or even torpedoes

secondly cyclops imo needs better lighting system: atm the moment you can only see things that are in your face which is a pity giving the diving capabilities of the cyclops when upgraded

lastly, a docking station of course!

thanks for reading

please comment with everything that came up to you guys!

have a nice day
Scanfe

Comments

• ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Agreed, we need the recharge system. I almost don't use cyclops anymore... ;( There is not much reasons to atm. That means, we do not need direct changes on cyclops (except the recharging), but rather changes on the game as whole ---> to give cyclops real purpose. Anyway, I am sure thst what I have said was discussed ma
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Yeah the 'clops is good for 2 things right now;
    1. Hauling a crapton of raw materials to somewhere you want to build a large base
    2. Getting near the reaper just because you can.

That's pretty much it. I seem to remember that upcoming patches will have superior pressure compensators, which will allow it to reach depths the seamoth currently can't (and possibly never will), which would give it some usefulness when it comes time to explore the truly deep parts of the world. And that's when its power-hungriness is going to become a REALLY big issue. You don't wanna be stuck in the middle of the ILZ or the Lost River and have no more juice for your cyclops.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    I love the idea of a secondary improvement console. <3

why cant the Cyclops be nuclear power and we just feed it uranium.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited March 2016
    The cyclops is still absolutely useless for me. Yes, you can use it as a mobile base, but you still need to recharge the power cells. And the seamoth defense is already enough so far.

Here a list of what you can't do with the cyclops right now:
    • Dive in the dark sea until the cyclops gets floodlights or sonar
    • Diving downwards, until it either gets a map display or can aim its nose downwards
    • Circumventing or targeting sea dragons, until it moves like a slow seamoth

It seems it will soon get solar recharge, floodlights and maybe a sonar or map display, so it will get usable as soon as the upgrades are done.

I can only pray that the seamoth won't get too much O2 reduction, and not before the cyclops has been fixed. Because we all got used to having fun driving the seamoth. If we are forced to drive the cyclops soon and the cyclops driving doesn't feel good, then gameplay will start to get very annoying.

EDIT:
    Possible cyclops upgrades besides from those already planned that I'd like to see:
    • A torpedo system and the ability of the cyclops to move like a slow seamoth
    • Superjet boosters to get through strong underwater currents in the ILZ and beyond
    • A thermal reactor upgrade that recharges the cyclops in very hot water
  • AshkaelAshkael USA Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213106Members
    The cyclops isn't going to be useful until

1. The last areas of the game are implemented
    2. We can recharge dead power cells
    3. Sonar and floodlights, as have been suggested

That said, I feel like it's a lot more viable now since we can farm up the acid mushrooms and creepvine for power cells. Copper is starting to become a bit of an issue though...
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    What is the problem about farming some copper on the safe shallows ? Just make a compartment near the reactor of your Cyclop and full it of powercells.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Bobythebee wrote: »
    What is the problem about farming some copper on the safe shallows ? Just make a compartment near the reactor of your Cyclop and full it of powercells.

Its just not worth it. The cyclops takes a lot of time collecting the ever-dwindling supply of copper, and provides no real benifts other than storage and being able to put a fabricator on it.
  • AshkaelAshkael USA Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213106Members
    Bobythebee wrote: »

Copper is a finite resource