A Guide to Finding Wrecks and Fragments !!SPOILER ALERT!!

RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
==== STOP! ====
DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE GAME HOW IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED!
==== STOP! ====
-
-
-
I've jotted down everything I can remember to help people out who just can't find that one thing in their oceanic travels and need a helping hand.

This information was gathered in Stable, not Experimental.

This is Early Access so definitely expect anything to change on a regular basis.

While in-game, hit the F1 key to open up an interface that shows you your biome and coordinates.
WRECKAGE with loot/scannables:
- Bloodkelp Trench -1240/-320/-400
contains: Floodlight (located just outside), and desk
- Grass Plateaus 300/-90/450
contains: easter egg poster, wall planter, picture frame, LED lightstick, floodlight (requires Laser Cutter tool), a grow pot, and bench.
- Mushroom Forest -1063/-100/487
contains: wall planter, picture frame, and a grow pot
- Koosh 935/-200/600
contains: grow pots, bench, chair, desk, and LED lightstick

WRECKAGE without loot/scannables:
- Dunes -1430/-300/730
- Grassy Plateaus -640/-80/-5
- Mountains 740/-350/1200
- Underwater Islands -110/-180/860
- Sea Traeder Path (super close to Blood Kelp) -1125/-190/-760

That's all I got for wrecks for now. Highly likely that I've missed or forgotten things. Sorry in advance! But I hope this helps some people!

FRAGMENTS:
- Dunes: Cyclops Bridge
- Floating Island: Exterior Growbed, Interior Growbed, grow pots, chair, desk, Living Wall, Observatory, Spotlight, back story, hanging fruit trees (not learned, just gather), purple vegetable (not learned, just gather), and marble melons (not learned, just gather)
- Koosh: Base Filtration around 200m, Modification Station around 200m, also found random chest with a health pack at 1237/-234/464
- Kelp Forest: Seaglide, Solar Panels, Seamoth, Mobile Vehicle Bay (there are multiple kelp forests, visit each one to find what you're looking for!)
- Grass Plateau: Bioreactor, Seamoth Upgrade Station, Cyclops Hull
- Mushroom Forest: Cyclops Pressure Compensation, sometimes Cyclops Bridge
- Safe Shallows: Seamoth
- Crash Site: Seamoth, Cyclops Hull, Cyclops Engine
- Sparse Reef: Thermal Plant, Seamoth Modification Station, Stasis Rifle, Propulsion Cannon
- Underwater Islands: Stasis Rifle, Propulsion Cannon, Cyclops Engine, Power Transmitter around 500m, also this place is infested with Bone Sharks
- Grand Reef: Transfuser, Terraformer, Moon Pool around 300m
- Deep Grand Reef: Nuclear Reactor around 400-500m

That's all I got for fragments for now. Highly likely that I've missed or forgotten things. Sorry in advance! But I hope this helps some people!

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I can give you locations for another wreck or 2 if you'd like. Don't wanna ruin the hunt for you though.

Also I believe the observatory blueprint is on the floater island as well?
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    The floating mountain bases (there are 3) contain all the planters, spotlight, observations sphere, desk, chair and comunications. Also has several plants you can get seeds from to replant like the fruit trees.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited March 2016
    Many thanks Rasande! nice post, i didnt knew they relocated the filtration machine frags to the Koosh zone :D Of course, things being changed fairly often in this game, you might want ot add in that list that locations of wrecks/frags are subject to loc changes that may happen at any time :p But all in all very helpful ty :)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I wonder how many cyclops the Aurora had aboard before it exploded, because I found hundreds of cyclops fragments around the world. And not even properly distributed if those fragments would just rain down after the Aurora explosion. I ask myself why I find so much cyclops bridge fragments in the dunes, but only sparsely around the rest of the map. And on the other side I find lots of hull and engine fragments at completely different locations.

The cyclops fragment distribution is the one of the most illogic fragment placements in the game. And I assume the devs will change that in near future together with some other fragments. So this guide is unfortunately only useful for a short period of time.

I hope the devs won't just blindly move all fragments to wrecks and abondoned bases. But consider a certain fragment distribution pattern tied to former expeditions and the way the Aurora exploded, together with more advanced tech to be found far more difficult.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I would rather see the stuff distributed in a pattern based on where you spawn at so that the closest items are what you need first then as you go further out you get the better stuff.
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I can give you locations for another wreck or 2 if you'd like. Don't wanna ruin the hunt for you though.

Also I believe the observatory blueprint is on the floater island as well?

Oh sure, I wouldn't mind knowing some coords. Thanks!
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Many thanks Rasande! nice post, i didnt knew they relocated the filtration machine frags to the Koosh zone :D Of course, things being changed fairly often in this game, you might want ot add in that list that locations of wrecks/frags are subject to loc changes that may happen at any time :p But all in all very helpful ty :)

Thanks for bringing that up! Things most definitely do change a lot around here which is good. Yay devs!
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    edited March 2016
    Jacara wrote: »
    The floating mountain bases (there are 3) contain all the planters, spotlight, observations sphere, desk, chair and comunications. Also has several plants you can get seeds from to replant like the fruit trees.

I dont think they contain ALL the planters? Ive only ever found the interior and exterior planter boxes, and planter pot 2 I think its called. Planter pot 3 and the hanging planter pot I found in the grassy plateau wreck listed first in original post. I'm still missing planter pot 1 I think.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Second grassy plateau wreck = -640, -60, -10... I haven't explored it thoroughly, but I think it doesn't have anything.
    Blood Kelp wreck = -1242, -329, -388... I think there's a spotlight there, haven't noticed anything else.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    I found the flood light, not the spotlight, at the blood kelp wreck. Nothing else though. most of the wrecks I've come across seem to be empty and are mostly copies of each other. They have almost a V shape, usually with the point of the V somehow facing upwards or sideways with a hole in its center you can go to either 'leg' of the V. Every one of those wrecks Ive seen has had nothing in it, been lighted up like crazy, like a generic module design they plopped in for testing or something.
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Second grassy plateau wreck = -640, -60, -10... I haven't explored it thoroughly, but I think it doesn't have anything.
    Blood Kelp wreck = -1242, -329, -388... I think there's a spotlight there, haven't noticed anything else.

Thanks for the help! I went there to check it out, I had a tricky time getting inside the wreck. I added the coords to the post.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    mndfreeze wrote: »
    I found the flood light, not the spotlight, at the blood kelp wreck. Nothing else though. most of the wrecks I've come across seem to be empty and are mostly copies of each other. They have almost a V shape, usually with the point of the V somehow facing upwards or sideways with a hole in its center you can go to either 'leg' of the V. Every one of those wrecks Ive seen has had nothing in it, been lighted up like crazy, like a generic module design they plopped in for testing or something.

Well the purpose here really is testing :smiley: We've just paid for the privilege of being part of that. Keep posting, and using the F8 key in game.
    I'm guessing in the next major patch or 2 those wrecks will become a lot darker, scarier, and more useful.