Commander - Map Details

waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members Posts: 114 Advanced user
Anyone know if there is a mod that Shows the map location names, while in the commander seat?

Getting back into the game and I forget the locations so i usually have to hop out of the comm chair to check the names.

Comments

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 763 Advanced user
    Does your Big-Map not have location names while in the Comm Chair?

Note that there might be a different bind than the normal "C" key while in the chair (I set mine to something I can use without accidentally researching/beaconing.
  • waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members Posts: 114 Advanced user
    I dont think ive tried, but can you open the default map in the chair?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation Posts: 1,477 Advanced user
    And you can click it
    mattji104
    CalegoIronHorse
  • waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members Posts: 114 Advanced user
    My map is bound to Q , and it doesn't show when im in the chair :(
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,718 Advanced user
    waflz wrote: »
    I bet that is conflicting with one of the commander hot keys. Maybe you should consider a different key because the map is very important as you know.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,458 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    waflz wrote: »
    I bet that is conflicting with one of the commander hot keys. Maybe you should consider a different key because the map is very important as you know.

It is. That's the reason I bound my map to M (same as every other game). Other than that you location should also show up in the top left (right?) corner of the screen, although due to shoddy mapping ( ;) ) this sometimes doesn't work correctly.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

I am good Onos
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    In the keybindings menu you'll notice there is a separate section for commander keybindings, double check things there.
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    Wow Still around IronHorse! Glad to see you still here! I will check thank u
    Perfect, figured it, thank you noob mistake lol
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    ;) Glad you got it resolved. See you in game!
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/