Commander - Map Details

waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members
Anyone know if there is a mod that Shows the map location names, while in the commander seat?

Getting back into the game and I forget the locations so i usually have to hop out of the comm chair to check the names.

Comments

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Does your Big-Map not have location names while in the Comm Chair?

Note that there might be a different bind than the normal "C" key while in the chair (I set mine to something I can use without accidentally researching/beaconing.
  • waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members
    I dont think ive tried, but can you open the default map in the chair?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    And you can click it
    My map is bound to Q , and it doesn't show when im in the chair :(
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    waflz wrote: »
    I bet that is conflicting with one of the commander hot keys. Maybe you should consider a different key because the map is very important as you know.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nordic wrote: »
    waflz wrote: »
    I bet that is conflicting with one of the commander hot keys. Maybe you should consider a different key because the map is very important as you know.

It is. That's the reason I bound my map to M (same as every other game). Other than that you location should also show up in the top left (right?) corner of the screen, although due to shoddy mapping ( ;) ) this sometimes doesn't work correctly.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    In the keybindings menu you'll notice there is a separate section for commander keybindings, double check things there.
    Wow Still around IronHorse! Glad to see you still here! I will check thank u
    Perfect, figured it, thank you noob mistake lol
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    ;) Glad you got it resolved. See you in game!