unfindable cave entrance?

pocketmunchkinpocketmunchkin USA Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213480Members
I'm playing the experimental version. I noticed there were a lot more signals this time around so I derped around mapping them.

I'm down to the last one and its this blasted cave entrance. I've tried coming at it from every angle I can think of. The closest I got was inside jellyshroom cave near the abandoned seabase. I was still about 950m from the entrance.

Has anyone found this and if so how in the name of satan's sweaty ballsack did you?

For this screenshot the front of the aurora is directly behind me, just after a small drop in terrain. This is the edge (beginning) of the mushroom forest.

4RvNRUc.jpg

Comments

• blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    that is probably the lava biome its entrances are spread out everywhere and that "cave opening" isnt an actual cave opening, its the cave itself.
  • pocketmunchkinpocketmunchkin USA Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213480Members
    welp, gotta consult the map since theres no one in the ocean I can ask for directions. And all those leviathans do is knock me around...useless I tell ya
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    That signal is the Lava Castle. It's at a depth of about 1100m, and is more or less directly below the Jelly Shroom Caves. You can reach it through the Deep Grand Reef by going through the lava zone. Easy to get lost, so bring beacons if you're not in the mood to use console commands.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    can someone make a new game and save after making a 1 module base on the castle with a beacon inside it (also 5 other beacons marking the path to it labeled as ILZ 1 through 5 so i can get to it.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    That seems like more trouble than its worth. Why don't YOU start a new game in creative so you don't need to worry about food or air, and find it yourself? Go to grand reef, go down into the deep grand reef, and explore. You'll find it.

You can probably also find youtube videos of people going down there.
    You can also get into the ILZ near the bow of the Aurora, and there's an access point in the dunes as well. Probably others I'm not aware of too.
  • pocketmunchkinpocketmunchkin USA Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213480Members
    so I found the cave (finally). I have dubbed it satan's cave. Def a place to explore with the seamoth/cyclops if you can maneuver. The place is DARK. Not even the seaglide light cuts through which makes it very eerie.

Not a lot to see currently, a few red lava spots and no spawns or drops really.

I assume the devs may add more stuff to the lava zones soon.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I got tired of getting lost so I used the teraformer to dig to it lol
    Jacara wrote: »
    I got tired of getting lost so I used the teraformer to dig to it lol

That's what I did the first time too. Then I built a vertical connector shaft into it from the surface, just because I could. In survival. Without console. Yes that took a while.