Lifepod floating away!

ArtylicArtylic Join Date: 2016-01-07 Member: 211050Members
Is this happening to anyone else? I go out wandering and come back and the escape pod has floated off in some direction, FAR from its original place. It's getting really annoying pushing it back every time. On top of that when standing in the escape pod I tend to move around without walking. I hope this gets fixed some time soon :(

Comments

• SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    Maybe they implement a anchor? That would be cool.

Like anchor your cyclops.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    For now I used the teraformer to corral it lol
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    I've been noticing it the last 3 weeks, or so. Meant to post least I got about it, and forgot. Prior to the Farming update I never used it once I had established my first base between Creepvine/Red Grass. It had been very noticeable as I made a half dozen trips to the floating island. Stands to reason that it would drift in the current.
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Same here, I used to be floating basically in the middle of the map, but as of now, it's somewhere in the dunes.

Why not push it back you say?

There's a Reaper swimming near it ._.
  • pocketmunchkinpocketmunchkin USA Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213480Members
    I noticed that as well. I spent about 20 minutes sprucing up my base and suddenly my lifepod was closer to floater island than ever. Pushed it about half way back to base before I gave up and left it to float again
  • ArtylicArtylic Join Date: 2016-01-07 Member: 211050Members
    Jacara wrote: »

so it do happen to you?
    Duma wrote: »
    I've been noticing it the last 3 weeks, or so. Meant to post least I got about it, and forgot. Prior to the Farming update I never used it once I had established my first base between Creepvine/Red Grass. It had been very noticeable as I made a half dozen trips to the floating island. Stands to reason that it would drift in the current.

I always use the escape pod because I can never get enough power for my bases :/ So I just resort to free, rechargeable power from the pod lol. I can't wait till the cyclops gets rechargeable batteries like the Seamoth. I would use it 100% more.
  • DoctorSnugglesDoctorSnuggles The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213443Members
    @Artylic I plant 2 solar panels next to each base, which gives me enough power. You'll need to find 2 fragments for the solar panel blueprint now though..
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I think this is a bug. The lifepod was always floating away more or less over time, but never from the starting place near the radioactive zone to the end of the dunes in less then 2 days ingame time. It rather looks like the position gets shifted after loading a saved game.
    Artylic wrote: »

so it do happen to you?

I build my main base near it and it kept floating into it and doing damage, so I pushed it a little ways away and used the teraformer to make a pen for it.

I always use the escape pod because I can never get enough power for my bases :/ So I just resort to free, rechargeable power from the pod lol. I can't wait till the cyclops gets rechargeable batteries like the Seamoth. I would use it 100% more.

My main base has 800 power (needed for the water I make lol) from 3 Solar Panel platforms at the surface.
    Another base I have in the Great reef has over 1k just for fun as I linked together 6 smokers with thermaplants lol
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    It would be nice if we could tether it to something. As it is I just built foundations around it to keep it near my main base.
    I noticed that as well. I spent about 20 minutes sprucing up my base and suddenly my lifepod was closer to floater island than ever. Pushed it about half way back to base before I gave up and left it to float again
    It would be nice if we could tether it to something. As it is I just built foundations around it to keep it near my main base.

Yeah i ended up doing is making a halo-like sculpture around it :/ Tacky, but it got the job done lol
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members

2 solar panels are enough for a "basic" base. Platform 1 room hatch. Fabricator and fill it full of lockers. If you need more. You can place a room, and 4 panels on a platform. Not pretty, but functional. It can always be rearranged.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    They should make an anchor or something you can craft to hold the pod in place. As well as make a way for it to be intended to be moved easier then a buggy physics engine. But at the least an anchor for it so you can minimize the drifting. When I started a new game after the farming release, I didn't have enough storage space for all the titanium I had grabbed, so I dug a hole in the sand directly below my pod. Went back for it a day later and my hole was gone... well, really my pod had just drifted so dang far away I couldnt find my hole with all my titanium in it. :(
    kuctby2462b1.jpg
    I found a way to pen it without the teraformer lol
    I found a way to pen it without the teraformer lol

OOoo I like this! Better than my dirt halo lol
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    I don't really get why you guys want it that much.
    even a small base has better power production and more room but nice job keeping it there.
  • watergirlwatergirl US Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213596Members
    LordDerp wrote: »
    Same here, I used to be floating basically in the middle of the map, but as of now, it's somewhere in the dunes.

Those reapers have made me the Queen of the Prometheus School of Running Away from Things.
    watergirl wrote: »
    LordDerp wrote: »

Those reapers have made me the Queen of the Prometheus School of Running Away from Things.

I clipped the Escape Pod on my first attempt in making platforms around it and it bugged. Went flying high up in the air and came down in the zone I like to call Reaper Hotel, something like 10 reapers. I just reloaded my game rather than push it all the way back.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I clipped the Escape Pod on my first attempt in making platforms around it and it bugged. Went flying high up in the air and came down in the zone I like to call Reaper Hotel, something like 10 reapers. I just reloaded my game rather than push it all the way back.

Good call there. My escape pod started migrating on me too, so I tried to do your solution, and may have ended up with a better one - I managed to get the pod sitting on top of a foundation. If it stays there when I reload I'll post a picture.
  • tommywaitsytommywaitsy Australia Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213641Members
    Those reapers have made me the Queen of the Prometheus School of Running Away from Things.[/quote]
    Hehe.. new hardcore game and my pod is floating, stalkers are stalking (more aggressively it seems) and running away is the order of the day! Couldn't agree with you more.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    AF6B31936740FA79E58116B28780007FA3216274

There's my lifepod on a pedestal. Seems to be staying in place.
  • deseizdeseiz belgium Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212437Members
    So am i only one who pushes it to where main base is gonna be? Well, if its not to far off, my favorite building place at the edge of dunes, grand reef, kelp, shallow and a short swim from sparse. Theres a kelp rock formation where you can build right on top of sealevel and it takes a few minutes to push it there.
    Saves making a beacon for base heh.
    I'm using it mainly as a beacon for my base right now, but I went ahead and just built my main base where it was anyways. Which is why I went to the trouble of pushing it back and putting it up on the pedestal - don't want my beacon floating away!
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    My pod is now thousands of km into the void. It was only a tiny bit off when I saved my game..
    Literally thousands of kilometers? Wow. That's some kinda buggy.

On a related note... anyone know if the world of Subnautica is round? If you start a new game in creative, spawn a seamoth, get in, and put a book on your keyboard holding down the "go forward" button, can you actually sail around the world?
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    Yeah my pod is gone, long gone. It's beyond the borders of the map gone.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    lorcogoth wrote: »
    I don't really get why you guys want it that much.
    even a small base has better power production and more room but nice job keeping it there.

Well in my main file, I left some enameled glass in there before it just drifted off, then when I climbed up it glitched out of existence, reappeared way in the Dunes, and it's stayed there ever since.
    I'd really like to know how the game handles running off the map edge. I drove some quite some time in my seamoth and never made it to my distant lost life pod, but it still gives me the signal waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off in the distance. It'd be nice to know if there actually is a hard edge that if I go long enough I'll find it stuck up against, or as someone else asked, if its round and eventually it will drift back on the other side. :D I'm glad at least all I left inside it were my flares and a med kit and a protein bar.