Farming Update Released! - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageFarming Update Released! - Subnautica

A brand new Subnautica update is available on Steam! This is the Farming Update, and it allows you to build underwater farms. To see what’s inside, check out the Farming...

Read the full story here

Comments

• destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    WOOOOOO. It's happening. This is the stable update I've been waiting for.

And I have today and tomorrow off. OH HAPPY DAYS!
  • CordeosCordeos Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207293Members
    What is the in game lore explanation for the abandoned bases? Were there other survivors after all?
  • TyralionTyralion Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9522Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes! Maybe now we can finally avoid leaving a trail of dead ecosystems behind us!
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    Cordeos wrote: »
    What is the in game lore explanation for the abandoned bases? Were there other survivors after all?

from what little I've seen, I think the bases are from... (spoiled just in case some people don't want to know)
    people that were sent out to the planet ahead of the Aurora to survey the planet. Though it could be other survivors and the player character was just unconscious for a long time after the crash.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Cordeos wrote: »
    What is the in game lore explanation for the abandoned bases?

The ingame lore explanation can be found... ingame. If it is still the same as was on experimental, you can find something that will tell you a short story about those bases.

• nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    It's too bad they didn't made the batterycharger in time for the update :s
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    FINALLY!!!!!!

Been tracking the content on trello, I am so EXCITED!!!!
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Another amazing update? Wel, thank youuu :)
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    WOOOOOO. It's happening. This is the stable update I've been waiting for.

And I have today and tomorrow off. OH HAPPY DAYS!

Lucky :)
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Good news everybody (Futurama reference) they say that the next update is going to be.... (Sorry about the spoiler)
    The exosuit update wooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!
  • voodoovvoodoov berlin Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213439Members
    edited February 2016
    Hey all you subnautics :)
    Iam in since yesterday.

How do i find the island/lights ?
    Can i use my existing save game (survival)?
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    meh... appears the unity bug fix didn't make it in, still crashing like I was before... no subnautica for me :(
  • DetomaruDetomaru Memphis TN Join Date: 2016-01-18 Member: 211642Members
    Hey guys, I'm testing out the new update and my first course of action is to set up a base, but I don't have the solar panels blueprint to build them like normal, where can I find it now?
  • omegatauromegataur Spain Join Date: 2016-01-28 Member: 212240Members
    I dont understand the part of " Abandoned bases scatered around the world "
    is the worldmap bigger now?
    there are more islands?
    can i go more far away?
  • DoctorSnugglesDoctorSnuggles The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213443Members
    @Detomaru You can find fragments of solar panel blueprints in the kelp, build a scanner to scan them..
  • DoctorSnugglesDoctorSnuggles The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213443Members
    @omegataur I think the abandoned bases were only in the expirimental builds, and they're now 'released' into the regular early development build. PArts of the map were just sand, and have been completed/filled in now. I don't know if the size of the map is increased.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    Where did our builder tool go?
    Do we need to make one now?
    I am also having an issue with the game crashing since the update. I build a scanner tool and collect supplies as I search for stuff to scan (and try to find silver for my builder tool) and once I scan the second seamoth part it crashes. I have tried to do this 4 times now (each time was a new game) and every time it crashes.
    Also, pay attention to your escape pod, it seems like it is drifting away now instead of remaining in the same place!
    edited February 2016
    @paradine The habitat builder? you can make it with the fabricator: Personal -> Tools -> third from the bottom.
    I can scan fine, no crashes here.
    Just you all know there are 3 bases on the big island, two of them are on top of the mountains!!!
    But I couldn't find the ledlight and the wall planter thing :/
    They are probably in some wrekes somewhere
  • ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members
    Yay for update! Is there any other loot in the wrecks now?
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I found out (after a bit of digging in the code) that the oculus (VR) system is still trying to run even when the game doesn't find the device. If this was fixed so the game checks for the device then completely disables the oculus (VR) system, or even just allow us to turn it off then it will reduce the total amount of work the computer has to do by as much as 50% and reduce as much as 15% of the total number of bugs.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    paradine wrote: »
    I found out (after a bit of digging in the code) that the oculus (VR) system is still trying to run even when the game doesn't find the device. If this was fixed so the game checks for the device then completely disables the oculus (VR) system, or even just allow us to turn it off then it will reduce the total amount of work the computer has to do by as much as 50% and reduce as much as 15% of the total number of bugs.

The game does scan for a rift at launch, but when it doesnt find one it doesnt reduce performance. I know, because I have a Rift here and I get the same performance with it on, or off, plugged in or not plugged in.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Can creepvine seed clusters now be planted?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited February 2016
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    Just you all know there are 3 bases on the big island, two of them are on top of the mountains!!!
    But I couldn't find the ledlight and the wall planter thing :/
    They are probably in some wrekes somewhere
    The wall planter was in one of the bases on the island. Check it again.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    I Have to say with the last several updates I fired up the game, tinkered for a bit and then went back to whatever I was doing before. With this update however, I ended up not noticing the time until an hour after I usually head to bed for work (about 6 hrs later). Admittedly I have been waiting for this one, but it was more than that. Exploring and building have become fun again. With the culmination of the Scanner, Wrecks, new lighting, and now Farming... the game feels fresh once again, and I feel like there is more purpose in the gameplay mechanics.

Still hoping for a larger expansion to Habitat (Lab, Control Room, Kitchen, Living Quarters and a 3D map buildable from sonar scans), but I'm excited to play again and hope the Devs are reading our gratitude for their excellent work.
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    dive reel has become unusable though......
    Someone know how to get the wall pot for plants or the LedLight?
    I didn't saw them in the bases on the island :/
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    apparently they're in the island bases somewhere....
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    Someone know how to get the wall pot for plants or the LedLight?
    I didn't saw them in the bases on the island :/

I think I picked up the wall planter from the wreck where the water machine use to be, its in the room where you cut through the door.