Auto Save option set by X Minutes

EeveeA_EeveeA_ Join Date: 2016-02-10 Member: 212848Members
I have honestly lost 8 hours of work, Twice; each time 4 hours.

Yes, this was my own ignorance, but I honestly think you guys should help careless people out by letting them set how uften to auto save. I personally would set it to 2 minutes. But by letting the player put in a number gives them the freedom to set it to how often they want.

A bonus if this does get implemented 0.5 would be 30 seconds <3

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I like this idea but would keep it at about 15 minute saves.
  • EeveeA_EeveeA_ Join Date: 2016-02-10 Member: 212848Members
    Wow, so I literally just played and was making a lot of progress only to alt+tab out of my game, and tab back in, when I tabbed back in, nvidia drivers crashed and I lost everything from the past 2 and a half hours.

Honestly, in a way this is punishing to people who invest a lot of time in the game. This needs to be prioritized. And I hate that it makes me look like I "deserve" this to be implemented, I just think this is a time saver for people. Where in that case, it was NOT my fault I lost my progress.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Dang, i can understand why youre pissed lol i would be as well for sure. personally this never been an issue for me since i mostly play hardcore games, but i do agree that in the other modes some kind of autosave should happen. Devs do monitor these forums and reply them every few days or so, you might be noticed by them, who knows :)
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    Need to be configurable auto-save times, if they can't do that right now then best would be 15-30 mins (preferably 15).
  • BrandestocBrandestoc Scotland Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212887Members
    i'm going to have to agree on this as a priority. Just lost 4 hours of building, gathering and exploring -_-
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited February 2016
    EeveeA_ wrote: »
    Wow, so I literally just played and was making a lot of progress only to alt+tab out of my game, and tab back in, when I tabbed back in, nvidia drivers crashed and I lost everything from the past 2 and a half hours.

Honestly, in a way this is punishing to people who invest a lot of time in the game.

I agree with your original post about having an auto save, but your comment about "punishing poeople who invest a lot of time.." is utter nonsense. Sorry.

It takes but a few seconds and two press/clicks (Esc and click save) for you to save a game. Once you click save the game saves and drops you right back into the game. It's not that hard. I manually save every 15 mins or so, or when I have done something that's worth saving.

Whilst we wait for a possible auto game save you can help yourself by regularly saving. It's vary simple to do.
  • EeveeA_EeveeA_ Join Date: 2016-02-10 Member: 212848Members
    I was saying by purposely not putting in auto update is punishing. Assuming they have not put it in on purpose, which is not likely.
  • MrappbrainMrappbrain United States Join Date: 2016-02-14 Member: 213008Members
    For the moment, is there any hotkey to Quicksave? Or do you need to open the menu every time?

Personally, I don't think an Autosave is needed. It's a lot of fun being able to explore and build whatever you like knowing you could just load your save later. An autosave might save me in a particularly bad situation, and then I'm done for.

• paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I would make the time adjustable from as low as 5 minutes up to as high as 30 minutes at 5 minutes increments.

By doing the adjustable auto save time each person can adjust it based on their own computer specs and preferences.

I would have the game keep the last 3 auto saves until closing the game (if it crashes it keeps all 3 of them so they can be sent in to the devs to let them see what happened by working backward and fix the bug).

Also by keeping the last 3 until closing the game will let the player go back by as little as 5 minutes to correct an error that they made or just try something different.

Each time the game saves it can clear the active memory at the same time to let it run faster.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Slight refinement suggestion:
    Auto save any time you enter a base/cyclops, but only if it has been at least 10 minutes since the last save.
  • jasper01jasper01 canada Join Date: 2016-02-23 Member: 213358Members
    To me a bigger problem is that I do not have a choice of saves. Each one overwrites the last. Even worse if I die somewhere, say in the Aurora, instead of the game defaulting to the last save I end up miles away back in the escape module area. That has to be an easy one to change since all the computer games I play give you choices about saves.
  • Yodaboy9738Yodaboy9738 Join Date: 2016-02-23 Member: 213371Members
    edited February 2016
    This would be amazing. I am a new YouTuber, and i just made two videos, (Check me out: Yodaboy9738) and i forgot to save. so, i'm going to have to work back because this is a pain in the butt having to constantly save your own game. I just wanna play video games and be lazy and not have to save after every video.

Added a link to your channel - Kouji San