Natral Selection Keeps Crashing

ZenLibraZenLibra positivevibrations@mighty.co.za Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213205Members
Bought the game, downloaded and installed.

Ran for a few minutes then crashed. Restarted and played a round of veil up till around the end and then crashed again.

After disabling/ enabling all the different settings and features from inand out of game (radeon( controls), still no luck.

Did a fresh reload(Formatted just for safety ) , as I am really keen to get NS going, Reloaded latest drivers from amd direct.STILL NOTHING!

Core 2 Quad
3GB DDR2 (egh)
Radeon HD 7970 (beast)

Please give me some actual fixes. I have been reading thread after thread for the past 3 days and am so fed up.

Be my hero :)

Ps. I even redownlaoded the entire game just for incase a validate wouldn't work.

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey buddy,

Welcome to NS2, sorry to hear you are experiencing problems but the next time it hangs can you alt tab and run Techsupport.exe located in your NS2 installation folder then upload us the .zip file it creates please.

So we can have at look at your logs.

Thanks.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    How long before you shut the program down?
  • ZenLibraZenLibra positivevibrations@mighty.co.za Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213205Members
    How long before you shut the program down?

I don't quite understand? It's crashes randomly. Just swapped Fx cards and still no luck. So not that , also not o/s as I Reload with a 32bit after having 64bit.
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Hey buddy,

Welcome to NS2, sorry to hear you are experiencing problems but the next time it hangs can you alt tab and run Techsupport.exe located in your NS2 installation folder then upload us the .zip file it creates please.

So we can have at look at your logs.

Thanks.

Here are the tech files..
  • ZenLibraZenLibra positivevibrations@mighty.co.za Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213205Members
    Many thanks in advance, guys :)
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Woo buttloads of errors, have you tried verifying your games integrity via steam yet?
    I did yes. Not since the reload. But before as I was experiencing the same thing. Will do it again? Any other suggestions? Ta
    Okay so I did the validation again. Nothing. Crashes in training as quickly as on the servers...

Please guys. I need this to work. What other route can I go?

Thanks again
    Mmmm strange error, I'm going to summon the tech wizard / bee master @IronHorse
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    Given those errors, you might want to diagnose your RAM..

(Also, there's zero reason to run on a 32 bit OS and you could use more RAM in general anyways)

Memtest86 is free and the best at detecting memory issues, but you may find it complicated, so feel free to ask questions after doing some Google searches first.

Edit: try DC's suggestion first because it's easier. Lots of anti virus programs can interfere even if you disable them. Therefore I recommend just for testing purposes to **temporarily** uninstall your anti virus and then see if you still have an issue. (Yes this has made the difference before for multiple users)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Start by excluding the whole gamefolder of ns2 from your antivirus.
    Files are not being loaded in/not found.

Amusing you have the files, something must be preventing them loading.
    (unless its a bug, I dunno about bugs)
    Thanks guys, let me try above mentioned and get back to you. <3 Respect!
    Okay, so I 1st uninstalled my aniti and then replaced my ram. Still same problem.. What now? Thanks
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
    ZenLibra wrote: »

Core 2 Quad
    3GB DDR2 (egh)
    Radeon HD 7970 (beast)

Well i think here we have reason.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    ZenLibra wrote: »
    Okay, so I 1st uninstalled my aniti and then replaced my ram. Still same problem.. What now? Thanks

Did you run memtest86?

If that comes back good, then download and run Seatools or any other HD diagnostics program. We still need to eliminate the potential for hardware failing.. since that is what the error implies, essentially.
    Hi, so I tested the Ram Memtest, Harddrive with Seatools, short + Long. No Probs..

As far as Direct X and such? Thanks again
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Reminds me of a joke;
    How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb? None. It's a hardware problem.
    TinCan wrote: »
    Reminds me of a joke;
    How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb? None. It's a hardware problem.

My hardware is between minimum and recommended - as far as cpu and ram, my card is killer. So I don't think the hardware is the factor. As it runs beautifully when it runs and then intermittently it crashes. High fps 60+

Entertaining joke though :)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    His ram is fine, as it it cant cause this problem.
    He is paging A LOT due to lack of ram. But thats what thats for and his page isnt full.
    It would make his loading slower, not gone.

Do you know how to repush rights on windows? Perhaps the rights are messed.
    edited February 2016
    Good idea @DC_Darkling

@ZenLibra Do you have administrative rights on the windows account you are using?

I can't imagine why you aren't able to map these items to memory..

If you are an admin on windows try to nuke your install from orbit, just in case. I know its a pain, but sometimes it can help rare issues and at this point it's worth a shot.

IF you are still crashing after nuking your install, then please run that same techsupport.exe with NS2 crashed - even if the window is black and is frozen. I recommend putting a shortcut to the exe on your desktop for easy access. This should create a large zip file with a crash dump folder in it for developers to look through and see what exactly is occurring.
    Upload this large zip file someone online and link it here
  • BirndBirnd Germany Join Date: 2016-02-22 Member: 213321Members
    NS2 started crashing occasionaly with the skin update.
    Yea, rather shitty, I have already nuked. Not this round but about 4/5 days ago when I just got started...

My profile is admin, freshly reloaded.

The joys.

I reloaded on a different hdd with different ram back on 64bit and able to play the odd game.

But still not as I would like it. So please any other ideas would be gladly welcomed :) Thanks alot guys
    please follow my prior instructions on how to make a dump file for us to look at
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Try runnin Take Ownership on all your NS2 files (right click folder > Take Ownership). Disable Antivirus.
    Also you run Windows 7 32-bit who knows if thats what causing issues.