Maybe you could add a lower graphics version for slower computers/laptops

DekstrisDekstris Poland Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212706Members
I have a laptop with 8GB RAM and 1GB Graphics card, and the game plays in 30 Fps or less, and that kinda annoys me :P

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Are you using the minimum graphic settings from the graphics window on start up?
  • MrappbrainMrappbrain United States Join Date: 2016-02-14 Member: 213008Members
    Update your video card drivers and ensure that the game is using the correct graphics card. In some cases, the GPU driver would act up and Subnautica would use the default Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead. This happened to me and the game ran very slowly. I fixed it by updating my drivers.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Dekstris wrote: »
    I have a laptop with 8GB RAM and 1GB Graphics card, and the game plays in 30 Fps or less, and that kinda annoys me :P

Sadly, 1GB Graphics card could mean many things. The 1GB is just video/texture memory and doesn't denote the speed of a card.

For instance, you can have a 1GB 710 GPU, which can do Microsoft Office well. Or, a 1GB 960, which is designed for gaming.

If you could provide your GPU's model number, that would help a great deal :smile:
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I am running the game on more than one style of computer and agree that there could be a lower graphics setting added. (This could just be turning some of the extra stuff off, slowing the day night cycles to 1/2, add in LOD effects to allow lower end graphics by reducing the amount of high end visuals, etc.)
  • norman1234norman1234 virginia Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213129Members
    i bought the early access about 2 weeks ago.. at first i was going to ask for a refund as im using a nvidia geforce 960 series.. with 4gb ram.. i can run almost any game including the new ones coming out.. the loading screen takes like 10-15 mins to load.. i also have a 1.8 dual core processor meaning it runs as 3.6 but the game dont reconizes that and it loads slow.. but once i get actually into the game itself it runs perfect.. like i get around 60-90 fps. . just the begining loading screens take forever to load so having an option to bypass those or turn them down a notch would be very greatful
  • hungoverxtacohungoverxtaco Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213134Members
    norman1234 wrote: »
    i bought the early access about 2 weeks ago.. at first i was going to ask for a refund as im using a nvidia geforce 960 series.. with 4gb ram.. i can run almost any game including the new ones coming out.. the loading screen takes like 10-15 mins to load.. i also have a 1.8 dual core processor meaning it runs as 3.6 but the game dont reconizes that and it loads slow.. but once i get actually into the game itself it runs perfect.. like i get around 60-90 fps. . just the begining loading screens take forever to load so having an option to bypass those or turn them down a notch would be very greatful

Your cpu is the problem. 1.8 dual core wont run 3.6 js. you run the game well because its not very cpu intensive. you load slow because you processor is slow