NS2-Tweaks

13»

Comments

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    the only bug i really hate is the ip bug thats still not fixed (no idea if you fixed it in this mod already ddnt check)

spawning on an ip that has afk people on it resulting in everyone bugging out and having to type kill in console

You can just crouch off most of these IPs with players idle on them but yeah it's a dumb bug.

I remember a changenote a while ago that said that IPs would spit people off of them once spawned. It worked for a while, but now yeah people end up stuck again. Crouching and jumping tend to unstick you, but still.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    This probably relies on NS2+, however it may be worth mentioning. I don't see it as a bug, but maybe it's coded wrong, or maybe it's just a preference I'd want to have.

If I'm holding my welder and standing over a shotgun and a 2nd welder, when I press my drop key, I want to recycle the welder, not the shotgun. I keep dying occasionally because of this timing and having to shuffle around
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    IP pushing should work better now, that fix will be only in NS2-Tweaks for now - don't want to push away skulks in compmod really.
    Probably will be the last fix unless I suddenly find myself some more free time in the future, but I will try to keep this working with any future patches.
  • SamdamanSamdaman USA Join Date: 2015-12-07 Member: 209802Members
    Here is another bug that is very illusive, you may need engine access to fix it but here it is.

If you turn up the Updaterate / Moverate on a server then the minigun heatuprate will change / no longer work.

For example, If i set the Updaterate / Moverate to, lets say 50 or 60 then the minigun heatuprate will completely break. The only way so far to fix the Heatuprate is to actually increase it.

So, in minigun.lua: "local kHeatUpRate = 0.2" you actually need to set it to about 0.15 or so to fix it, however this causes the minigun to heat up extremely fast.

Now, 50 or 60 updaterate / moverate is a bit excessive, but it allows the bug to be more reproducible. The same bug will occur at lower updaterates / moverates such as 30 but it will be hard to get it to repro.

Please note though that this bug only affects 1 Minigun firing. For example, If i have the dual minigun exo and I shoot both guns at the same time, the heatuprate will work fine. This bug only affects 1 minigun firing.

If you are able to fix this then praisebe your holiness.
    I should also note that that if you alt tab while the minigun is firing, it will cause this issue to repro a bit better.
  • Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
    edited January 2016
    I allways have the bug that im constantly keep biteing/shooting (without pressing anything) till i press mouse1 again.

Iguess it gets triggerd from pressing/holding mouse1 down on dead/spawning.

its just annoying

Can you please look into it.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    Can you 100% confirm that during that period where you are shooting with the minigun it is actually dealing damage and generating no heat?

Those HeatUp and Cooldown vars are scaled by the move timestamp, so higher/lower moverates shouldnt impact the overall times, just the 'smoothness' in which its applied.
    xDragon wrote: »
    Can you 100% confirm that during that period where you are shooting with the minigun it is actually dealing damage and generating no heat?

Those HeatUp and Cooldown vars are scaled by the move timestamp, so higher/lower moverates shouldnt impact the overall times, just the 'smoothness' in which its applied.

Yeah I can confirm that I am able to deal damage and have no heat generated.
    Possible to get a video? Its not that I dont believe you since I've seen it happen myself, I just cant reproduce it with any consistency, or for more than 1-2 seconds at best which can easily be caused by the red-plugging that results from alt-tabs.
    Yeah let me see what i can do
    edited January 2016
    edited January 2016
    Crazy, tried the same rates as you and couldnt repo it.
    I published a quick update to NS2-Tweaks, can you try using that and doing the same thing again?
    If you turn on cheats you will want to enter debugminigun in console. It will spam your console a bit when shooting, but should get me enough info to get a better idea of what exactly is going on.

I would just need a pastebin of some of the log, youll see the text it prints.
    edited January 2016
    How do I get the game to log the debug? I can't seem to get it to do it.

Here is the link: pastebin.com/EwkQAxAE
    well, shit thats not what I expected.. that looks like I would expect if it was working fine... Okay can you try the same thing again? Should output something very similar but there's no restrictions this time.
    Interesting.. to confirm, did you do that with a single minigun exo?
    yeah that is a single arm exo
    Next question - ever notice any issues with blink energy usage (while holding it down)?
    Blink works just fine
    edited January 2016
    Figured. Let me know if you are still able to cause the bug after the newest update.
    YOU DID IT!!! YAHHHHHH!!!! Horee shit, this is a major fix for any server that uses custom network values.
    edited January 2016
    Can i ask what you did?
    Don't tell me it's just this:
    Shared.LinkClassToMap("Minigun", Minigun.kMapName, { heatAmount = "float (0 to 1 by 0.001)" })
    my first test fix was much more, I just published a second update which is only that line there. Is it working after the rest was commented out?

After thinking of another related issue I realized that might be something similar, so I decided to try that as the cleaner 'fix'.
    This line: Shared.LinkClassToMap("Minigun", Minigun.kMapName, { heatAmount = "float (0 to 1 by 0.001)" })

Fixed it perfectly as far as i can tell so far. Needs more stress testing but from initial tests it seems to have fixed it.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    I know a design issue that is not really a bug, but could still use a fix. Shotguns can eat up a lot of ammo packs, because you only reload one shell at a time, and pick up an ammo pack even with just one ammo missing.

Another annoying issue/bug is hallucination Onos can disrupt Rifle's aim.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know a design issue that is not really a bug, but could still use a fix. Shotguns can eat up a lot of ammo packs, because you only reload one shell at a time, and pick up an ammo pack even with just one ammo missing.

Its a shame that ammo packs don't just distribute what ammo you need at the time instead of consuming the whole pack, it should remain active on the floor for XX amount of time or when it is entirely used up.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Its a shame that ammo packs don't just distribute what ammo you need at the time instead of consuming the whole pack, it should remain active on the floor for XX amount of time or when it is entirely used up.

Sounds to me ya want dropable ammo crates (BF1942 FH mod had those dropped from planes :D ), I wanna try to fly a Fortress through the hallways of summit!

*crash
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Kouji_San Get with the program, May I introduce you to the new

Alterra Delivery Sytem -

hqdefault.jpg

It does look suspisciously like an Amazon drone, but it is definitely Alterra made.. :P