DLC unwanted effect

2»

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I want to buy you a skin pack just to see if your head explodes.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yes, because sellouts do not come back and pour money into a game that is on a low populous and enhance the game, fix bugs, make it more accessible... O and low and behold add more skins (DLC), which seem to be quite popular. Only to support the game.

What a bunch of sellouts they are!

In case this goes over anyone's head, which I'm sure it will on this here interwebs, DAT WAS JOKE
  • 3X4L73X4L7 Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196510Members
    edited February 2016
    @3X4L7 still not teling why skins are bad...
    It would be very nice to know why you think the way you think.

Some players are intellegent enough to know that skins are about money, and that games about money may not be in their best interest of fairness. These players aren't going to give NS2 the time it takes to get past their fair judgement. The reason is because money is ugly. Skins for money is ugly.

If that's not enough, too sad.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    3X4L7 wrote: »
    @3X4L7 still not teling why skins are bad...
    It would be very nice to know why you think the way you think.

Some players are intellegent enough to know that skins are about money, and that games about money may not be in their best interest of fairness. These players aren't going to give NS2 the time it takes to get past their fair judgement. The reason is because money is ugly. Skins for money is ugly.

If that's not enough, too sad.

Yeah, man. Games are totally for goodwill and charity. Developers have no need for money at all.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Wow you insulted me and don't know that everything is about money that the development of this game is about money... And that right now the money UWE earns waaaaaaaay more money then those few people who dosen't buy games beacouse they think the company is greedy. And realy UWE is surviving on the dlc so that is not greedy in my opinion.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    I have seen the advantages. I have 3k hours on record. Camoflauge does work. Especially against newest players. It works well against my color blindness too. It's far easier to look for one colored alien verses varied colored aliens. One skin can hide better or worse than the other on different terrain..
    1) Short of the kodiak skulk on the kodiak map in a specific spot with vegetation (Where it's typically difficult to see any skin used, anyways) there's really zero benefit to any of the skins available, and said benefit comes purely from a target holding exactly still as :

2) Colorblindness or even partial colorblindness does not affect our ability to detect or track motion whatsoever.... and seeing as how standing still in this game statistically means death 9/10 times, I don't think anyone is going to take you seriously on this matter.

If all of the top tier of skilled players in this game feel that there's zero advantage to skins used, you're going to have to forgive me for not taking your word over theirs.
    As for your dislike for badges that show support for a game you clearly enjoy... I think you are just irrationally sour. Which better explains the weak camouflage argument.

If you were a more pleasant person and didn't spam every forum with your disgruntled "Sellouts" platform, I probably would have gifted you some skins already.
  • G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    All i heard in this thread from a certain individual was " WAAAHHH WAAAHHHH WAAHHHH... WAAHHHH WAAHH... WAAHHHHHH....." for ****sake cry more... I'm hoping it was a forum janitor that took out the trash.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    If you ... didn't spam every forum with your disgruntled "Sellouts" platform, I probably would have gifted you some skins already.

What makes you think I would take one? I have 7k in the bank from school loans. If I wanted one, I'd have it!

Spam every forum? This develouped from "DLC unwanted effect" The only spam I see are people who have issue with my opinion.

Your study, lol:
    "all three subjects showed surprisingly strong responses to high-contrast, moving color stimuli--equal in all respects to the performance of subjects with normal color vision"
    Do i need to rip this apart for you, or would you like to retract this stupidity?

What Should I think about you trying to define my colorblindness issues for me? I got words for it, but you the boss...

The rest of the people who have such an issue with my opinions...have you thought about letting me be instead of adding in nothing but insults?... As much as this board thinks my issue is illogical...just consider that it might not be. If it was so obviously out of place, then no one would need to be so obtuse.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    I have seen the advantages. I have 3k hours on record. Camoflauge does work. Especially against newest players. It works well against my color blindness too. It's far easier to look for one colored alien verses varied colored aliens. One skin can hide better or worse than the other on different terrain..
    1) Short of the kodiak skulk on the kodiak map in a specific spot with vegetation (Where it's typically difficult to see any skin used, anyways) there's really zero benefit to any of the skins available, and said benefit comes purely from a target holding exactly still as :

2) Colorblindness or even partial colorblindness does not affect our ability to detect or track motion whatsoever.... and seeing as how standing still in this game statistically means death 9/10 times, I don't think anyone is going to take you seriously on this matter.

If all of the top tier of skilled players in this game feel that there's zero advantage to skins used, you're going to have to forgive me for not taking your word over theirs.
    As for your dislike for badges that show support for a game you clearly enjoy... I think you are just irrationally sour. Which better explains the weak camouflage argument.

If you were a more pleasant person and didn't spam every forum with your disgruntled "Sellouts" platform, I probably would have gifted you some skins already.

Call doesn't need to make a huge difference to make a difference.

75 millisecond delay in recognition may be the difference between last bites and last bullet in an engagement.

Phantoms power is partially because it swings the engagement start time in the aliens favor
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    When I see a shadow skulk I try to kill it first because it is more likely to be a more skilled player. That is a disadvantage.
    Calego wrote: »
    When I see a shadow skulk, I kill it first because it's more likely to be a Nordic.
    Although I often don't feel like it, I am technically a higher skilled player. This only further shows my point. The more time a skilled player spends spawning, the better off the other team will do.
    "Short of the kodiak skulk on the kodiak map in a specific spot with vegetation (Where it's typically difficult to see any skin used, anyways) there's really zero benefit to any of the skins available"

Thanks for highlighting this for me, amoral.

Thank you Ironhorse for finally opening your eyes.

DLC can be thought of as P2W. How far will this slippery slope go? I've been complaining about it since reinforcement. Perspective of any slipery slope towards P2W for money that UWE needs is just what will keep players whom care about ballance and fairness away.

When it's not better camoflauge, it will be pink ribbon onos or rainbow lerks. I'm not saying there's not a place for improving skins and the game in such a way...... There's just the perspective of how you go about it. P2P has more respect than P2W.