Bootcamp Update - Natural Selection 2

1235»

Comments

• AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    why the hell should I play on servers were i cannot communicate with anyone? That's literally working around the problem instead addressing the problem.

Pretty sure the Euros and the Aussies speak English. Perhaps you'd like them to speak American instead?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not to mention a lot of american servers have little communication and little teamwork most of the day.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited February 2016
    IronHorse wrote: »
    There's just so much misinformation that's being purported in here by people who don't understand how it works..
    I am glad @Aeglos cleared up latency =/= packet loss or connection quality at least.

Put simply: Higher latency only provides an advantage to the attacking / "first to come around the corner" player. However, that very same player is at a proportional disadvantage when escaping the room.

Whatever you want to call it lag or packet loss you're basically confirming what i was trying to say.. Yes they may be at a disadvantage when escaping the room, but simply changing their playstyle to be super aggressive makes them that "first to come around the corner" player in most situations...

Also @Aeglos the last time i joined an EU server they were speaking what sounded like German. Couldn't understand a word of it..
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    UK people are native English speakers
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »

I dunna wot yer meen mate, da british peeple have loadz ov different dialecks init
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2016
    Aeglos wrote: »
    why the hell should I play on servers were i cannot communicate with anyone? That's literally working around the problem instead addressing the problem.

Pretty sure the Euros and the Aussies speak English. Perhaps you'd like them to speak American instead?

Usually the players on Euro servers speak English. Only on Russian servers they only speak Russian. Those are the new French servers.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    There's just so much misinformation that's being purported in here by people who don't understand how it works..
    I am glad @Aeglos cleared up latency =/= packet loss or connection quality at least.

Put simply: Higher latency only provides an advantage to the attacking / "first to come around the corner" player. However, that very same player is at a proportional disadvantage when escaping the room.

Whatever you want to call it lag or packet loss you're basically confirming what i was trying to say.. Yes they may be at a disadvantage when escaping the room, but simply changing their playstyle to be super aggressive makes them that "first to come around the corner" player in most situations...

Also @Aeglos the last time i joined an EU server they were speaking what sounded like German. Couldn't understand a word of it..

Such blatant goalpost shifting. And to what? A point I covered twice or thrice? Wow!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I dunna wot yer meen mate, da british peeple have loadz ov different dialecks init

Let's all shout like band 'o pirates from now on, savvy
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2016
    MoFo1 wrote: »

582x386px-LL-47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I was going to make a funny about how lag compensation and packet loss made him miss the point, but ya beat me to it with a funnier funny there @joshhh

Hehe maybe we need to learn2aim so we can headshot the point at his head...

I'll be over in the corner, sulking about how bad those jokes were. I do apologize
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

Ah divvint knar wot yas talkin abyeut hinny.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue

We are a multi-cultural society, such sweeping generalisations can not be made.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    Btw. the next logical step would be to remove the whitelist status from the ns2large servers @ hive.
    Counterstrike is doing the same by let people only rankup on official servers.

And blocking some servers cause own mods but still whitelist the ns2large wich are "modded" aka hacked to an level where they are unsupported makes no sense overall.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you want to do ranked stat tracking make it only apply to a competitive 6v6 environment and leave casual stats to the rest, having server favoritism for stat tracking isn't going to do the community any favors when a large portion of a community still prefers large playercounts.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    Well, people can still play there but cant progress there rank.
    That how CS:Go handle this.
    The community servers with strange mods are there, people play and having fun on them but you cant progress.
    If you want to rankup you need to play on official servers.
    And isnt NS2 official supporting only up to 24 slots? Here we go.

And i heard that a large playercount is still thinking that rookies need training and mentors. But the bootcamp update and calegos stream prove that they are wrong.
    Maybe its the same with the "large playercounts prefer large servers"? Who knows.

In the past new players tend to join these "rookie traps" cause the good players didnt play on them and personal mistakes didnt have that much influx on the overall game.
    One argument always was: New people can learn the basics there easier.
    In times of rookie only servers this point didnt exist anymore.

So lets handle this like CS:Go:
    Unsupported mods and serversizes should not beeing whitelisted.
    A info text @ mapload should inform the people if the chosen server is sending stats or not and the reason why the server isnt whitelisted for example.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whats the difference between 6v6 vs 12v12 statwise and why can't it be 16v16+? It's already inconsistent if you're including more than one type of playercount so this is nothing more than alienating a portion of your community because it doesn't fit into your view of how the game is meant to be played.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Aeglos wrote: »

I doubt they will speak English the whole time. Moreover I won't be able to have situational awareness when teammates speak to each other in other than English.

Lastly, my reply was regarding the suggestion of playing on Russian, Chinese, Brazilia servers. Further, the Russians speak russian on their servers.
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

The same point can be made about the US where he is saying he can communicate with people
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester

The same point can be made about the US where he is saying he can communicate with people

This 'ere s Murica. Peepol heeerr speek Murican. All Y'all forners can keep yer jibberin jabberin, ain't no talkin here less its murican.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Calego wrote: »

This 'ere s Murica. Peepol heeerr speek Murican. All Y'all forners can keep yer jibberin jabberin, ain't no talkin here less its murican.

I thought you only spoke trump @Calego
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    edited February 2016
    Yojimbo pulled his "trump card". Dading disch.
    edited February 2016
    To sound like Trump he would need to say something bad about a sub-group of people and then say he has a lot of friends in that sub-group. i.e. "Calego's are bad for our country. They steal jobs. They are criminals. A lot of my friends are Calego's and they agree. Calego's are bad for America."

Do note the short simple sentences, and imagine them in Trumps voice.

Thread derailment continued.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited February 2016
    "Elf Friends are bad for our country. They steal jobs. They are criminals. A lot of my friends are Elf Friends and they agree. Elf Friends are bad for America."

Thread derailment continued.

* FTFY
    I am Calego, Elf Friend. I cannot in good conscience awesome that post but I would if I could.