NS2-Tweaks

Comments

• FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I know some comp players that use it on weapon2 so that crouching and metabolizing are easier to do together. Im not a fan of removing an option just because people select it by mistake.

I think this is better fixed through an NS2+ type of options menu. If you could actually add blink to be a selectable weapon that would be even better. I always wanted to bind my stuff like in NS1, I still have that same rhythm engrained in my muscles, but can't use metabolize on the same key as parasite.

This would also let you disable the options as well without ruining it for whoever uses it.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The problem with weapons that can be used as a 'HUDSlot' is that they are all an entity that is parented by the player. So each one of those added increases load somewhat. This could be improved, but would require some additional work to make it work well obviously. I have a metabolize that makes it default work on shift, also cleans up some of the code which is more my objective, and removes the extra weapon entity. Ill hold off on publishing it for now.

Regarding the rifle fix, I just updated the mod with what should 'hopefully' be a real fix. Please let me know if you get any rifle jams still after this update. Thanks to @SamusDroid who made the animation graph changes.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2016
    ok give this man a squad 5 badge and keep up the good work :D
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    Published another update, fixed some incorrect damage indicators. Note - I removed the indicator from poison damage. Because of how its handled, there is really no good way to have an indicator for this, its just confusing. The only other option would have the indicator point towards the lerk that bit you, let me know if you think it should work that way. That is currently how being 'OnFire' works, but generally marines move a bit slower so its less important information.
  • ydyydy Join Date: 2014-10-21 Member: 199067Members
    xDragon wrote: »
    A lot of people have talked about it recently, so my next task is looking to be removing metabolize from slot2, and just leaving it on shift. Would like to get an idea for how people feel about that overall.
    As one data point, I never use shift for it, always slot2. Probably many NS1 fades do the same but I'm not really a fade and I guess I don't feel that strongly about it.
    Updated again to fix exosuit parasite not being maintained as expected.
    Power nodes parasites are not maintained as expected either. Killing removes parasites. I figure that's a bug.

Are any changes to Tweaks announced since the first release automatically also in Compmod or do they have to be backported separately?
    Any updates to tweaks is backported into compmod, so it will always include the latest set of changes.
    I looked at parasites on powernodes, looks like they are intentionally cleared when they are killed.. Sounds like a bug, but I guess that is the intended design.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Also, fixed rifle sound looping on first fire when you have weapon upgrades.

Omg thank you. I never realized thats what made that, but it's annoying as heck.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    now on to fix the fade sound bug
    fade sound bug? you mean how the blink sound can get stuck on?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Yea when you spawn after spectating a fade blinking. I had to reset in the middle of a gather the other day cause it literally wouldnt end
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Frozen wrote: »
    Yea when you spawn after spectating a fade blinking. I had to reset in the middle of a gather the other day cause it literally wouldnt end

What, really? I guess, welcome back to Beta Build 218 then :tongue:
    Happens all the time especially since fades are the most fun to spectate most of the time while dead lol
    Published an update with what I hope to be a fix for the fade looping sound getting stuck. Also removed that random little lightning cloud cinematic effect in first person while blinking, and fixed armory healthbar offsets being wrong after upgrading one to an AA.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Frozen wrote: »

Yeah sometimes the only thing that stops it is dying again and spectating a fade who then stops blinking.
  • axamdeepaxamdeep Shanghai, China Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72226Members, Squad Five Blue
    Today I put this mod on our server and played it for a while, everything was fine except the alien commander told me that he heard a voice 'Soldier needs health' once while he was commanding.
    strange, cant think of why that might happen as I don't really hook into anything to do with comm alerts. Ill check it out.
    Updated again to fix player 'use' so that building and everything uses the correct time slice. Also fixed construction interpolation issue for specs
    Published another update which should hopefully 'fix' tunnels sometimes not reconnecting. Let me know if you still see it happen at all after this.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Published another update which should hopefully 'fix' tunnels sometimes not reconnecting. Let me know if you still see it happen at all after this.

Sweet, how did you do it? This was a nightmare to replicate as it was only really prevalent in large player count games?
  • SamdamanSamdaman USA Join Date: 2015-12-07 Member: 209802Members
    edited January 2016
    Hey, would you be able to fix the whips?

Currently they will play the attack animation but not do any damage to players. Same with the bile bomb whips.

Steps to repro:
    Go to sandbox,
    Go alien comm and place whips,
    Go marine and walk up to whips,
    Notice the whip / bilebomb whip will fail to damage the player but will still play an attack animation,
    Notice also that both the normal and bilebomb whip will also sometimes play attack animations even when nothing is around and will just keep looping the attack animation.

Strangely enough though, the whips will begin to work normally if you do enough damage to them first.
    Seen the tunnel bug happen in 6v6, so not really something that requires larger games. Looking over the code I saw a possible way it could happen, so I fixed it.

I have looked at whips a little, but honestly I can never repro problems even tho I see them happen in games constantly. If you can give me good steps on how to reproduce problems, and/or exactly all the things that are broken, I can give it another look.
    edited January 2016
    The only thing I got for ya is what I said before and the CDT trello: https://trello.com/c/QP1f2h74/854-whips-need-fixin

Like I said all you gotta do to get it to happen is be in any game and just walk up to them. It's as if it's missing code that tells it to stop attacking / check if there is an enemy in range

Idk what else you need me to look for though, that's what I do to repro.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    a video of you doing it consistently without cuts would probably help.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Been hearing reports of shotguns jamming now. Does the fix here fix that too.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seen the tunnel bug happen in 6v6, so not really something that requires larger games. Looking over the code I saw a possible way it could happen, so I fixed it.

I have looked at whips a little, but honestly I can never repro problems even tho I see them happen in games constantly. If you can give me good steps on how to reproduce problems, and/or exactly all the things that are broken, I can give it another look.

I'll PM you and compare codes ^^
    Looking at the whip.lua, this seems to stick out to me:

// CQ: Is this needed? Used for LOS, but with 360 degree FOV...
    function Whip:GetFov()
    return Whip.kFov
    end
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    the only bug i really hate is the ip bug thats still not fixed (no idea if you fixed it in this mod already ddnt check)

spawning on an ip that has afk people on it resulting in everyone bugging out and having to type kill in console
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    the only bug i really hate is the ip bug thats still not fixed (no idea if you fixed it in this mod already ddnt check)

spawning on an ip that has afk people on it resulting in everyone bugging out and having to type kill in console

You can just crouch off most of these IPs with players idle on them but yeah it's a dumb bug.