Squad 5 Nominations!

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @openyafaceup I can't give awards to those who don't have a forum account, as that's how its tied to the Hive and is how you redeem your badges.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    Forgot me. :'(

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2244626/#Comment_2244626

Edit: All the others are in the list, so don't need to check those ;)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • openyafaceupopenyafaceup Australia Join Date: 2015-01-26 Member: 201057Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @openyafaceup I can't give awards to those who don't have a forum account, as that's how its tied to the Hive and is how you redeem your badges.

I will try and get his account today , few other guys should recommend him as well i personally think he is very deserving .
  • OozleOozle Perth Join Date: 2003-11-17 Member: 23045Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    IronHorse wrote: »

I do have an account here been member for a while now thanks guys
  • openyafaceupopenyafaceup Australia Join Date: 2015-01-26 Member: 201057Members
    I nominate @Oozle for taking thru the dark times when ausns2 died paying for servers out of his own pocket also had some ns1 servers , no matter what you will able to count on this guy to have a server in the ausns2 scene , we actually thought there would be no ausns2 but some how bought it back to life , also is an all round nice guy will give you badges if you request them and just keeping the community in high spirit's .
  • 88bdaWg88bdaWg Perth AUS Join Date: 2015-12-29 Member: 210535Members
    edited January 2016
    I nominate @Oozle for taking thru the dark times when ausns2 died paying for servers out of his own pocket also had some ns1 servers , no matter what you will able to count on this guy to have a server in the ausns2 scene , we actually thought there would be no ausns2 but some how bought it back to life , also is an all round nice guy will give you badges if you request them and just keeping the community in high spirit's .

I also nominate @Oozle, he has always stuck by the community and even hosted WANS lans at his own expense (back when NS1 was the go), and brought lots of muffins ect to stock up the cafeteria at his own expense. He always has servers we play on. Oozle has contributed a lot more then what I have posted, and he deserves the reward!

Thanks
  • LadAussieLadAussie Australia Join Date: 2016-01-18 Member: 211604Members
    88bdaWg wrote: »

I also nominate @Oozle, he has always stuck by the community and even hosted AusNS lans at his own expense (back when NS1 was the go), and brought lots of muffins ect to stock up the cafeteria at his own expense. He always has servers we play on. Oozle has contributed a lot more then what I have posted, and he deserves the reward!

Thanks

I further nominate @Oozle, ever since i started playing NS2 there has always been an "Oozles Natural Selection 2 Server" in aus and even when the community nearly died at the start of the year he still kept at least one up. Not to mention, "Join Date: 2003-11-17" i mean come on, man has been around since the early days and he defiantly deserves the utmost of praise. Cheer Oozle.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited January 2016
    I nominate @Oozle for giving me a pot leaf badge when I asked for one. A true hero of AusNS2.

Oh, and also for all the other stuff that's already been mentioned. But mainly for the pot leaf. That's the important thing.
  • 88bdaWg88bdaWg Perth AUS Join Date: 2015-12-29 Member: 210535Members
    I think we are looking more at how the community has benefited ^^ but yeah he is generous :)
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    I nominate @Oozle for giving me a pot leaf badge when I asked for one. A true hero of AusNS2.

Oh, and also for all the other stuff that's already been mentioned. But mainly for the pot leaf. That's the important thing.

He also is constantly putting up mods on his server for us guys had a few good nights with SWS and the Fadded on nye , out his own pocket of course
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm also here to nominate Oozle. An almost constant presence on the AUSNZ server lists especially now in the past year as the AUSNZ community took a serious dive and a more recent resurgence. He's been running pub, comp, and mod servers for so long and has always been helpful and paying for the servers by himself.

He's made a real stellar effort for our portion of the community which deserves to be recognised more widely.
  • fleasfleas Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62623Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2016
    I would like to nominate @Oozle . As far as I can remember, I always see his server up for the AUS/NZ(and SEA) community to play. I reckon at least 3 years(sometimes off and on) but there was always Oozle's Server to play on. So yea, it will be great if he can get a badge for that.

I would also like to nominate @BladeyBlade (BLD) , @Scatter and @xuu (Kid edited) (trying to find his forum acc atm) for their contribution of servers as well both for PUGs/Scrim and Pubs. @bld in the past have been contributing servers(Dangerzone.com.au) for a long time previously and were times took over oozle's for certain time.

There's 1 more person @mr.Amckern, he probably has no account but I would like to highlight him and say thanks for his past contribution for his server in the past as well(1-2 years+). He had the lowest ping for me @ 150 so in biasness I prefer his server lol. otherwise I would be playing at 200-300.

+1 @Katzenfleisch + @Phoenix_Faded_Mod for his interesting mod.

Thanks to these guys and the existing Squad5 people for their contributions
    fleas wrote: »
    I would like to nominate @Oozle . As far as I can remember, I always see his server up for the AUS/NZ(and SEA) community to play. I reckon at least 3 years(sometimes off and on) but there was always Oozle's Server to play on. So yea, it will be great if he can get a badge for that.

I would also like to nominate @bld , @Scatter and @Kid(trying to find his forum acc atm) for their contribution of servers as well both for PUGs/Scrim and Pubs. @bld in the past have been contributing servers(Dangerzone.com.au) for a long time previously and were times took over oozle's for certain time.

There's 1 more person @mr.Amckern, he probably has no account but I would like to highlight him and say thanks for his past contribution for his server in the past as well(1-2 years+). He had the lowest ping for me @ 150 so in biasness I prefer his server lol. otherwise I would be playing at 200-300.

+1 @Katzenfleisch for his interesting mod.

i also second this foe @Scatter and @kid also , still doing good work on the mods and servers
  • PutrefaxPutrefax Join Date: 2013-09-04 Member: 187774Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Oozle @Scatter and @kid seconded. These guys kept servers going back when even the official ones were dying out in Aus and the game seemed on its last legs. Glad to see it limping on.

Also you know, patriotism represent our country and all that shit.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2016
    I nominate:

@deathshroud for making the maps: ns2_hydra, ns2_forge, ns2_forgotten and making old broken maps again compatible!

@Katzenfleisch and @Phoenix_Faded_Mod for maintaining and updating the Faded Mod.

@matso should be promoted to Squad 5 Gold for all his work he has done for NS2.

@Brute for creating Wonitor, an NS2 Server Statistic tool.

@Person8880 for Shine Administration

@BabblerKing a.k.a @ATF, who would have deserved the Squad5 badge as much as me. Without him I could have probably closed the server long time ago.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    I nominate

@ATF Runs the wooza servers along with wooza

• KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would also like to nominate @Oozle and @Scatter

Without their efforts, I believe the Australian community would have died ages ago due to the lack of servers / decent servers.

Thanks for all your work!
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2016
    Nominating @Brute too, for the reasons given above, for the willing help he gave me in lua programming, and for solving nasty launchpad issues (and some of you know how they can be painfull) and all of this by chat in a moment of need (like when I was releasing an upgrade for the Faded mod while there was a game in progress and only 20 minutes left for me before the changemap to publish what should have been published)
    fleas wrote: »

I would also like to nominate @bld , @Scatter and @Kid(trying to find his forum acc atm) for their contribution of servers as well both for PUGs/Scrim and Pubs. @bld in the past have been contributing servers(Dangerzone.com.au) for a long time previously and were times took over oozle's for certain time.

+1 @Katzenfleisch for his interesting mod.

i also second this foe @Scatter and @kid also , still doing good work on the mods and servers

KID IS @xuu
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Chiming in again for @xuu & @Scatter for the same reasons as @Oozle . If it weren't for these three and @Mr.Amckern the OCE NS2 community would have died along with our official servers years ago.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited January 2016
    Added the current member list and would like to suggest to nominate @remi for his work at https://github.com/sclark39/NS2Elixer and support of other ns2 modders
    also initiated/organized the ns2_jambi project, made player names on the minimap, phase gate prediction, primeable power nodes, contributed to NS2+, and then all my work on the CDT.

Speaking of jambi. It never would have finished without @xtcmen's diligence.

Oh hey, XTC is already on there. :)
  • DilligafDilligaf Join Date: 2014-05-25 Member: 196238Members
    I nominate

ATF got banned for smacking people with the truth.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    I nominate

Is that what he tells himself? o:)
  • DilligafDilligaf Join Date: 2014-05-25 Member: 196238Members
    FoxyUK wrote: »
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    I nominate

Is that what he tells himself? o:)

It is what i heard yes, what exactly did he get banned for?
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    Edit: Taking this thread off topic. Apologies.
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    edited January 2016
    Nominating @NS-Soldier aka Rambo for being a good teamplayer capturing nodes, killing aliens/marines, building structures and welding teammates. Not to mention always rambo first be the bait.
  • xuuxuu Sydney, Australia Join Date: 2014-11-26 Member: 199814Members
    Thanks for the nominations guys, appreciated and always happy to help the community where I can :)
    also would like to nominate @Kalopsia for his work with the porting of various ns1 maps most notable nothing more to come also , keep up the good work man