Make rooms center on foundations

bootsybootsy Uk Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211087Members
edited January 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Its really annoying that rooms do not
Fit properly on foundations, please centre them

Comments

• terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
    edited January 2016
    if you center the rooms, then they will not line up with the grid for the corridors

you need mini-foundations (1/4 the size of the the current ones) that cut off the off-centeredness without messing with the grid you create when you lay a foundation
  • bootsybootsy Uk Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211087Members
    Not true , centre the foundations to the rooms not the rooms to the foundation that then wont mess with the corridors.

• SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    Best of both worlds: Allow rooms to attach at any of the five points (four corners and the center) so we have the option to arrange the base however works best for the environment.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    What ever works best or is easiest for them to implement it's frustrating as hell at the moment when you have a foundation and then what ever you put on it is jutting out all the time, it also makes moon pools a bit messy because the foundation cuts into their opening a little or a lot depending on where it's placed.

• 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    I'd like there just to be a fifthsnap point in the middle so you've got the choice to center a room on foundations rather than centering exclusively
  • Lobbyx3Lobbyx3 Israel Join Date: 2016-01-09 Member: 211124Members
    Best of both worlds: Allow rooms to attach at any of the five points (four corners and the center) so we have the option to arrange the base however works best for the environment.

I agree with @SpacedInvader
  • terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
    edited January 2016
    ok new suggestion, make foundations bigger so that the room centers on them (maybe that is what @bootsy was suggesting?)
    currently, foundations are 2X2, so that you can fit 4 corridors on them total, and the room is off-center. if the foundations were increased to 3X3, then the rooms would be centered, and the grid for corridors would remain the same. this would mean that you would be able to fit 9 corridors total on one foundation.

dont center the rooms; make the foundation bigger so that the room ends up centered.

if this doesn't make sense to you, comment and maybe i'll make a drawing.
  • Lobbyx3Lobbyx3 Israel Join Date: 2016-01-09 Member: 211124Members
    When I first saw the game I thought the base buildings are much more bigger but when I start playing the game I discovered that they were so freaking tiny :smile: so I'd be happy for a bigger rooms... :smiley:
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    ok new suggestion, make foundations bigger so that the room centers on them (maybe that is what @bootsy was suggesting?)
    currently, foundations are 2X2, so that you can fit 4 corridors on them total, and the room is off-center. if the foundations were increased to 3X3, then the rooms would be centered, and the grid for corridors would remain the same. this would mean that you would be able to fit 9 corridors total on one foundation.

dont center the rooms; make the foundation bigger so that the room ends up centered.

if this doesn't make sense to you, comment and maybe i'll make a drawing.

A 3x3 foundation might be nice for larger bases, but won't do anything to help people trying to fit a base into a tight area.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    Yeah I think the best options is to add that center snap point on the foundations so that they can be centered under a room or corridor, I always hate the way the foundations do not work well with moon pools there is always this ugly overlap and clipping at the ladders or sides, if you happen to missplace a foundation you can even cut off half of the pool which is just stupid, specially when you need to pull everything down to fix it.