Putting a boulder on a crash nest.

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Hey i was wondering what would happen if using the terraformer i put a boulder on a crashe's nest?

Would it still chase me if i got near enough to trigger it?

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    You really wanna know more?
    They are rather straight line, try sudden dodging.

As for your actual question, id assume it would go facefirst into said boulder.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    I meant like, terraforming the boulder right onto the nest.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Why the f would you terraform it right on?

Easiest to test is to simple do it I guess.
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    I would terraform it on their nests so it wouldn't see me/be able to chase me because it would be trapped in the rock.

Also...i wondered if anybody else tried to do so, because i'd rather not be the first to try it.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    My guess is the Crash will still pop out of the nest before you can aim/shoot the terraformed boulder onto it's nest. In which case any future spawns of Crash in that nest may or may not be trapped under there... not sure on that - just test it yourself what have you got to lose?

You do know you can destroy the Crash nest after it has vacated/exploded right? They don't respawn.
    It's that...they scare the heck out of me...

They are second only to the reaper leviathan to me.

And honestly i already tried doing this, i managed to put a boulder over a crash nest but when i got near it, i heard the opening sound...I wondered if somebody already tried making something similar and if it was successful.
    you can kill the nest you know.
    The matter is that...i want to kill the nest without triggering it ^^.

And i'd want to avoid the stasis rifle solution since it failed once...
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited January 2016
    Just use the propulsion/repulsion cannon on the crash as it attacks and then destroy the nest. Interesting that you find them scary, I always thought they were sort of cute. I deliberately built a base next to a crash nest so I could watch him.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    They are really easy to evade ... they always go in one direction when they are on their destruction sequence and you simply dodge another direction. There's usually plenty of time before they explode unless you're in a really tight cave.
    The problem is that often they are in groups, so a propulsion cannon isn't enough.

Could i kill them using the perimetral defenses of the seamoth when boosted to the maxim?
  • bootsybootsy Uk Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211087Members
    O e stab with a thermal blade and the crash is dead, option 2 shoot the flower with the stasus rifle the swim into it trigers the cresh and the explosion kills the flower and the fish