Why is this not a thing?

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    It does, it's called Black Armor, you got it way way way back when as a special during beta days
    jQJloER.png
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2015
    The ones linked are the Standard and Deluxe armour models though (recoloured), but the Spec-Ops marine with Black Armour is no longer available and will never be available as it was an armour set for the pre-alpha supporters who bought, Natural Selection 2 - Special Edition

Related link and all that stuff, Questions about Natural Selection 2 Beta access or Black/Deluxe Armour?
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited December 2015
    I knew about the spec-ops marine i was talking about the deluxe edition black armour.
    It could be a reward for doing all the achievements. And ofcurse to all the nice lads who bought the ns2 special edition get's it without doing any achievements.
    And there should be more achievements rewards couse motivation.....
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    I knew about the spec-ops marine i was talking about the deluxe edition black armour.
    It could be a reward for doing all the achievements. And ofcurse to all the nice lads who bought the ns2 special edition get's it without doing any achievements.

It's not about them buying the special edition. The black armor was a limited-time reward for those who pre-ordered the game long before it was released, before it was even on steam. To give it away to everyone now would be a slap in the face to those people who supported the game in its infancy, so we're not going to be doing that.

(Hey, if it makes you feel better, even I, one of the devs, don't have the coveted black armor, so you're not alone! :) I didn't know about this game until shortly before the "Gorgeous" update released)
    My suggestion was that ONLY the deluxe black armour could be got if you fought for it but to original will still only does who bought the special edition.
    If thats to unfair to the one's who bought the special edition mabey there can be a reward for buying both the special edition and the deluxe edition.
    So you can combine them.
    Im by no means creedy it would be just enough to have a teamm8 with that armour! It would look awsome!
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

It's not about them buying the special edition. The black armor was a limited-time reward for those who pre-ordered the game long before it was released, before it was even on steam. To give it away to everyone now would be a slap in the face to those people who supported the game in its infancy, so we're not going to be doing that.

(Hey, if it makes you feel better, even I, one of the devs, don't have the coveted black armor, so you're not alone! :) I didn't know about this game until shortly before the "Gorgeous" update released)

Basically saffron just wants a black version of the deluxe armor that someone on workshop reskinned.

Not the special edition armor per se.
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Basically saffron just wants a black version of the deluxe armor that someone on workshop reskinned.

Not the special edition armor per se.

Thank you
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2015
    The armor while described as special edition isn't the exclusive part, it's the black color. It was only ever referred to as 'all black marine armor' during it's sale.

tYh7nRt.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20100722014027/http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy

So theoretically the armor could be made available(as green), as long as the black color version stays exclusive to special edition owners.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    When I bought this game based on a video of dynamic infestation and my memories of NS, I was always going to buy the Special Edition, however, knowing I was going to stand out by being one of the few black armoured marine amongst a sea of green, made me a little bit happy I will admit.

It never occurred to me at the time we might have a unique armour as well, only that we would be in black.

For me personally, the colour is the most important thing. I don't care if you have pink editions of the special edition armour, I wish to stand out by hiding in the shadows in black. :D