Weekly Poll: Submarine Types/Classes

2»

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I vote for turning the reefback into a bio-submarine that is without metal and high energy drive:

There could be monsters in the deep that eat through metal or seek for metal to eat it.

Down in the deep you might meet monsters that drain your energy, so you need some sub thats immune to draining.

The reefback sub is also good for mimics and can bypass an army of seadragons that ignore reefbacks.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    I vote for turning the reefback into a bio-submarine that is without metal and high energy drive:

There could be monsters in the deep that eat through metal or seek for metal to eat it.

Down in the deep you might meet monsters that drain your energy, so you need some sub thats immune to draining.

The reefback sub is also good for mimics and can bypass an army of seadragons that ignore reefbacks.

Why would these monsters eat metal?

Also, Subnautica has no monsters, just creatures. You may be scared of them, but that doesn't make them monsters.
  • TydalTydal Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209277Members
    ^ Found the philosopher ;)
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    edited December 2015
    Sorry guys goin through a lot so new weekly poll will be next week!!!
    :)
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    I think between seamoth and cyclops would be awesome. The captain seems too big, even long bases take a little bit to walk down, a ship that could fit a cyclopse? it would take a LONG time just to walk end to end which would get tedious. In addition the cyclopse already has issues hitting things behind you when you try to dive deep, something that big would have to be like 300> depth
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    skerd i am tearafide f reaper leviathan
  • JaramassJaramass Helsingborg, Sweden Join Date: 2015-12-14 Member: 209968Members
    edited December 2015
    Anything capital size would be ridiculously hard to navigate and impractical. sounds cool in theory but just building a large base(or several) would simply be better imo. something along the size of a dreadnought at largest.
    Edit: and if we are going to be realistic, larger subs should have a pretty high crush depth(having a low number).
  • NotAnNSASpyNotAnNSASpy UK Join Date: 2015-12-14 Member: 209978Members
    edited December 2015
    How about a caving vessel like this.

It could be small, very slow (not good for open ocean) tough but importantly very agile. Using its 'flippers' it could manoeuvre with ease.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/15/1397255535-cave-thing.jpg
    How about a caving vessel like this.

It could be small, very slow (not good for open ocean) tough but importantly very agile. Using its 'flippers' it could manoeuvre with ease.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/15/1397255535-cave-thing.jpg

Good Idea, but the sub in the picture is a drone. :)

P.S. *i think?*
  • nihilis3nihilis3 U.S Join Date: 2015-12-21 Member: 210146Members
    edited December 2015
    I went for the interceptor. I'm thinking a smaller sub with good armor and crush depth that has guns. Kinda a little military sub.
  • chi1701chi1701 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210230Members
  • ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
    Here's a thing about big ships:
    People will always want even bigger things.
    As for Capital Ship, if it was indeed to be added, maybe it should be a surface-only ship instead of submarine?
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    it sounds like you want this game to become some multiplayer pvp game or something. These ideas are not fitting for the game as it currently is.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited December 2015
    chi1701 wrote: »

lol chi, i named my cyclops The Seaquest =D

also, i find all of these subs nice and fun but, really, you all do realize that the player is completely alone on this planet, whats the point of having a city-like structure?
    the other day i finished building a base, it was becoming gigantic, and i just told myself .... LOL whats the point of it being huge.... im alone in it :P

altho to be honest i just love spending hours building a base im just like that. it defies the logic tho since im alone in it, but i build them huge anyway! :D
    it sounds like you want this game to become some multiplayer pvp game or something. These ideas are not fitting for the game as it currently is.

Trust me I have been on a battle on multiplayer, I choose single player, single player is better for me, not to say I will NEVER play a multiplayer game, just Subnautica is, in my opinion, very VERY good singleplayer :)

Dealing with subs, I prefer smaller for minute with living spaces.
  • DominicinatorDominicinator AU/NZ Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202657Members
    I think more variety is best, but in the current state of the game I'd like a ship smaller than the seamoth by a small margin that would be suitable for late game Deepsea exploration (6000m+), I made a suggestion a while ago here:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/140627/magnetic-biome-pressurized-biome-new-submarine#latest
  • jamal42jamal42 Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212867Members
    I personally want a bigger ship for the game like the capital ship
  • jamal42jamal42 Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212867Members
    edited February 2016
    you know the capital should also have a captain's quarters and 3 engines, and it should have 4 seamoth upgrade consoles and self charging power cells plus the ship should have to hold 10 power cells and in the engine there's a fabricator to make self charging power cells capital ship upgrades. the ship should have 2 small floating welder drones that dispatch when more than 2 cracks appear in your hull. Also there should be escape pods if your ship is sinking and there's no way you can save it
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Give me this!!!32xva5dtzcdk.jpg
    The DRACONIS is all powerful!! I've even made my own concept art of a dock for it and a bay for the Exosuit
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    My favorite option is missing: NONE

I think we are well equipped with submarines. We have
    • a big customizable sub, it acts as our mobile base with docking possibilities for the Seamoth or the Exosuit - as soon as we can recharge it, of course. Everybody who ever tried maneuvering the Deep Grand Reef will agree that a sub shouldn't get much larger than the Cyclops. And the direction of our exploration will be downward more than outward.
    • a small sub for short range exploration. At the moment the "short range" is a little large because of solar recharging and unlimited oxygen in the Seamoth but that will change, I have heard (the unlimited oxygen, that is)
    • additionally we have the Seaglide as a super-mini-sub and actually just a means to go faster.

I would, however, really appreciate some more customization options, especially for the cyclops.
    And I would appreciate a hardpoint on the Seamoth to mount a tool, like the Scanner or the Repulsion cannon (to pick up stuff) This has already been proposed but I do like it.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'd like the ability to use the PDA inside the seamoth. It seems kinda ridiculous that I need to get out of the submarine to eat/drink.