NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    It may be just me, but I do not see a 'need' to add even more in ns2+. It already has so much.
    Keeping it working sounds perfectly fine to me.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2015
    It may be just me, but I do not see a 'need' to add even more in ns2+. It already has so much.
    Keeping it working sounds perfectly fine to me.

Well I wasn't thinking of options necessarily, the game can be polished further. For example, spectator features, better stats, etc.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    @Reddog has been poking around. Blind said hello. You might be right SantaClaws.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    i wonder how many years it'll take @flayra to show up and say thanks

Mendasp'll be back. Noone can truly leave this community! ™

I see what you did there.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I will be very thankfull if "Draw viewmodel" could have an option "Exosuit only".
    :)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I will be very thankfull if "Draw viewmodel" could have an option "Exosuit only".

Had 5 mins to spent https://github.com/Mendasp/NS2Plus/pull/11 ;)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer

Just so we're all on the same page. The request is to hide everything except the Exo, right?
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mendasp wrote: »

Just so we're all on the same page. The request is to hide everything except the Exo, right?

Hmm. Good point, but I think it would be best to hide only the Exo.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2015

Yes.
    The thing is it's hard for me to feel and control minigun's spin up with no viewmodel. Same as sprint/no sprint control (I'm using button click to sprint) but sprint miss is less fatal.
  • StarkStark Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186336Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aww come on, it was bad enough that I had to read this
    Mendasp wrote:
    Note that this is the last version where anything new is introduced. I'm stopping all work on new features for the mod. The only thing I will do from this point forward is maintenance (ie. keeping the mod working between builds and fix any lua errors caused by NS2+). I can't rule out that I might work on this again in the future, but some things will have to change. So for now I only promise to keep it working, as that's the least I can do for you guys. I want to express my deep gratitude to everyone that has supported me through the years and years I've spent in this community and wish this wasn't necessary.

But then you went and said this, and left me wondering about everything that could have been! :grin:
    Mendasp wrote:
    You should see all the notes I have for ideas I still wanted to implement!

I'm so used to NS2+ features being commonplace that I feel like they've always been there, and I can't imagine the game without them now. Thanks for all the work you've done :smile:

Calego wrote: »
    Hmm. Good point, but I think it would be best to hide only the Exo.

Maybe the best decision will make option
    Draw Viewmodel [Draw/Hide] wich will pull out details:
    Draw Marine
    Draw Aliens
    Draw Exo
    ?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I understand no more new stuff, but in the future if I could right click someones name on the scoreboard (from my team) and select a color for them to be displayed on the map that would be really helpful.

I'm realizing how nice it would be to mark the really weak links in your team in another color so you don't consider that part of the map covered in the same way as usual. Similar could be applied to your teams carry being marked so you know that area is better covered.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    mattji104 wrote: »
    I understand no more new stuff, but in the future if I could right click someones name on the scoreboard (from my team) and select a color for them to be displayed on the map that would be really helpful.

I'm realizing how nice it would be to mark the really weak links in your team in another color so you don't consider that part of the map covered in the same way as usual. Similar could be applied to your teams carry being marked so you know that area is better covered.

Color based on hive skill? color changes every 500+ skill ? now that would have been great :disappointed:
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    mattji104 wrote: »

Color based on hive skill? color changes every 500+ skill ? now that would have been great :disappointed:

Rainbow minimaps!
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Guys, hes retired leave him alone XD.

Instead of asking for more features people should be asking what the hell has happened to make (one of?) the most important developer(s) ns2 has quit.
    Thanks to mendasp we probably have 20% higher retention rate than we would have had without his brilliant work over the years. He really has made the game SO much better.

Still waiting to hear what changed (or i suppose whats NOT going to change as i expect).

Sad times man.
    Instead of asking for more features people should be asking what the hell has happened to make (one of?) the most important developer(s) ns2 has quit.
    Thanks to mendasp we probably have 20% higher retention rate than we would have had without his brilliant work over the years. He really has made the game SO much better.
    I don't think UWE thinks this is true.

• RysskRyssk Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175441Members
    edited November 2015
    I don't think UWE thinks this is true.

CDT or the top head of CDT? :P

Btw, one fun fact "Learn to recognize the value of the work you are doing and not be swayed by the few that bark at you without all the facts. - Dillon Savage"
    edited November 2015
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Ahhh, back when the Simpsons was funny.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looks like it would greatly improve the current layout.

Maybe add GoldenMode to ns2+ settings so it will randomize the order every time you open it :P
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2015
    My first instinct is that Map Particles go under Map Options. Could just be me though. Unless you meant Map Options to be just minimap stuff?

Edit: Also I think a new menu ordering would be greatly appreciated.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    Yes I've had to tell people what tab certain options are under and it seems to be difficult to find things as it is now. Maybe even have one category labeled (FPS settings, increase your performance options) - this way people know what options can help increase performance very quickly.
    edited December 2015
    Ns2+ is just a mess in organization. Golden's proposed new organization looks much improved.
    So I got a Google Doc where @Golden proposed a reorganization of the options menu so everything's easier to find. I like some of the things done here but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on it before I start moving stuff around.
    General (aka misc)
    Caster Mode
    UI Scaling Version
    UI Scaling
    Team Specific Sensitivities
    Team Specific FOV
    Draw Viewmodel
    (Comm) Marine Click Selection
    (Comm) Spacebar Player Alerts

UI (Stuff that doesn’t move)
    Marine Minimap
    Marine Health Bars
    Marine Comm Actions
    Upgrade Level UI
    Show Welder As Upgrade
    Classic Ammo Counter
    Low Ammo Warning
    HUD Bars (Marine)
    HUD Bars (Aliens)
    Alien Circles
    Instant Alien Health Bar
    Alien Vision
    Default AV State
    Minimal GUI
    Comm Name / Team Res
    Game Time
    Crosshair Scale
    Objective Banners
    Research Notifications
    Weapon Inventory
    RT Count Dots

HUD (Stuff that moves)
    Weapon Tracers
    Motion Tracking Circle
    Dynamically Colored Repair Icon
    Weapon Autopickup
    Autopickup Better Weapon
    Pickup Expiration Bar
    Dynamically Colored Expiration Bar
    Killfeed Scale
    Killfeed Icon Scale
    Killfeed Highlight
    Use Custom Killfeed Highlight Color
    Waypoints
    Automatic Waypoints
    Nameplate Style
    Small Nameplates
    Nameplates Distance
    Score Popup
    Score Popup Color
    Assist Score Popup
    Assists Popup Color

Damage Indicators (duh)
    Shotgun Damage Numbers
    Faster Damage Numbers
    Overkill Damage Numbers
    Damage Number Fade Time
    Hit Indicator Fade Time
    Damage Numbers Scale
    Marine Damage Numbers Color
    Alien Damage Numbers Color
    Server-side Blood Hits

Map Options (governing map behavior/modification)
    Overview Opacity
    Location Text Opacity
    (Comm) Building Highlight
    (Comm) Building Highlight Color
    Marine Minimap Player Color
    Alien Minimap Player color
    Use Custom Minimap Arrow Color
    Tech Point / Res Node Minimap Color
    Friends Highlighting
    Phase Gate Lines
    Minimap Key Behavior
    Spectator Overhead Smoothing

Audio
    Hitsounds
    Hitsounds Pitch Modifier
    Ambient Sounds

Graphics (lighting/particles/etc.)
    Map Particles
    Minimal Particles
    Ragdoll Instant Dissolve Effect
    NSL Low Lights -> rename to Performance Lighting?
    Flashlight Atmospherics
    Blur
    Max Decal Lifetime (Minutes)

Stats/Scoreboard
    Auto-Center Scoreboard
    KDA/KAD
    Stats UI
    End Game Stats UI Order

• Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2015
    Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing sometimes I find myself scrolling past options as is.

I disagreed with your post only because golden asked for awesomes #fishingforlikes
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want more options if anything, could you make that happen for me buddy?
    Published. Now it is 100% going into maintenance mode, so no more updates unless it breaks.