Farewell

12346»

Comments

• ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm very appreciative of what you guys have done with NS2+, and the CDT team as a whole. Without a doubt UWE mishandled this and you're certainly within your rights to leave over it. I don't think the "burn it all down" mentality being expressed by some people in this thread is healthy or reasonable though. Mistakes were made, it happens, let's try to put it behind us and help the game succeed again. I think we can probably all agree that if nothing were done the game would have faded to irrelevance in the not-too-distant future.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    had another time a mod told me a frequent griefer i was complaining about that ruined so many games by circumventing the broken vote kick wasn't their problem, contact the server owner! all griefers just left before the vote passed and rejoined instantly, bypassing the entire vote kick system, and that was somehow the server operators problem, lol! they told me to hunt down server owners to get manual bans placed, what a f'in joke. i wouldn't be surprised if that still isn't fixed..
    In patch 276 : After a 2nd vote kick the kicked player now gets banned for the amount of votekickbantime minutes (default: 30)
    However this does not specifically address your concern of leaving before a vote completes.. as always, you should be playing on a well administered server until this is changed.

And to be fair what you did was open a thread to name and shame - against forum rules - asking for individual users to be universally banned... something that's never going to happen and is horribly unrealistic, logistically.
    You then proceeded to derail topics despite being warned multiple times and then went directly against another moderator's orders.

It's all available on your profile page and in your messages for you to review, so idk why you are spreading lies like "I was banned for providing video proof of hitreg"..
    I can link our discussions publicly if you need further reminder of why you were temp banned?
    In any case, welcome back and I hope you can follow the rules this time.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow

Ill just leave this here.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Aeglos wrote: »
    And here it is. The ninja sink.
    Decoy wrote: »
    @Aeglos The ninja sink has been reversed. The thread should not have been sunk and it won't be again

106914-Firefly-saw-that-coming-gif-Im-LmXt.gif
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Thank you for everything you've done Mendasp <33333

This game didn't turn out the way I wanted (graphically and immersively), but at least you were one of the people that made this game better.
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Kudos Mendasp .. you were one of the few characters in NS2 that was always worth tuning into (whether in threads or listening to your unfiltered rantings during streams scrims/pugs)

I believe you've been the no1 contributor to NS2 over the last few years and feel sorry for UWE in general... for how they've handled this.. I was scanning over the thread for something from some of the UWE guys.. but can't say I was surprised not to find an apology of any sort

NS2 became very clicky a good while ago and the collection of people that were steering it were all focused on the competitive scene.. it was obvious how that was going to turn out (and did turn out) .. you're seeing now what many have seen a long time ago.

I wish you the best!

Thanks for all the fish
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Try tomatoes, it helps more.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I just wanted to mention that... This thread revolves around @Mendasp

Revolves around Mendasp...

ReVOLves... Around Mendasp...

Revo- ...

Fine! I'll be over in my shadowy corner, plotting things...
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendy who?
    I hope so, i hate seeing what is happening right now, but keep being Awesome Mendy :expressionless:
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Let it be known that I had a chat with Cory and it was GREAT, I'm sure, had he been involved we would have avoided all of this, as he's a really awesome guy. And let me say that when I mention UWE in a lot of instances I actually mean @Hugh, who is the person behind the whole issue here.

Talking with Hugh is like talking to a brick wall, he will say "Yeah, you're right", "Yeah, I agree", "You're absolutely right", then proceed to ignore what you just said. Or just outright not even talk with you.

But back on the positives, I'm glad I had that convo with Cory, it was refreshing and great and gives me hope that now that people in the UWE office are in the know, that things may get back on track. It's not a certainty, so I'm still waiting to see how things go, or if things actually change, but there is hope at least.
    Thats great to hear!!!
    Also i've talked with Obraxis and he gives great responses! (To me athleast)
    I suggest you talk to him threw Discord you might get some more info there!
    Anyway all i wish is for you to find pece and a solution to make you join the UWE team!!!
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2015
    lussebull wrote: »
    Also i've talked with Obraxis and he gives great responses! (To me athleast)
    I suggest you talk to him threw Discord you might get some more info there!
    Anyway all i wish is for you to find pece and a solution to make you join the UWE team!!!

^I think Mendasp wanted to talk to someone more higher up and sort of part of the original Dev team. Obraxis generally did some animations for some NS2? and some subnautica stuff, primarily his roll was more a helping hand in Squad5 based stuff like getting gorgies out to people and helping with the world cup, he also does his fair share of PR which rivals that of hugh in some cases including leading or in the past leading The playtesting team and play testers in general, so it doesn't really matter what he could say to Mendasp it wouldn't make him feel any better. Just know who you're talking to sometimes, didn't mother tell you to stay away from strangers >:) ?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Don't forget to mention the rainbow, it made the pic a master piece.
  • jetxotjetxot barcelona Join Date: 2014-06-10 Member: 196471Members
    Gracias por todo Mendasp. Sin NS2+ el juego sería un truño.

UWE....

Shame
    shame.jpg
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    And let me say that when I mention UWE in a lot of instances I actually mean @Hugh, who is the person behind the whole issue here.
    Wow, Hugh. I can not believe that he is again the center of all the distraught. I(and many others...?) always had a distaste for that guy.

I
    Can
    Say
    Without
    A
    Doubt...

That I would not have played this game both for so long and competitively it it wasn't for CHUD(Now known as NS2+). Seriously. I've always had a pretty garbage computer and that mod made things mostly playable for me, until the +11min mark when FPS always dropped like a rock. I would not have even stepped foot (further adding to playtime, and UWE's wallet because I bought badges) into competitive if it weren't for this man's interest in making NS2 perform better.

@Mendasp Thank You for all your hard work. Things seem to be looking good after this last post you just made. I look forward to whatever positive changes are made to Natural Selection 2 and hope to see it climb in ranks of being a well played game because let's face it... this game is far better than Counter-Strike games and clones.
  • EggOfAwesomeEggOfAwesome Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201139Members
    Farewell, you will be missed. I'll remember the time you posted on my
    "Favourite dlc? ค็็็็็็็" post. By the way, thanks for introducing me to the Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ symbol. :'(
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    To quote Vader.... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo....... "
  • CmdrKeenCmdrKeen Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

I'm sorry.

CmdrKeen wrote: »

I'm sorry.
    No you're not :tongue:
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Your contributions are very respectable and appreciated by players. Thank you.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    That list of things you've contributed to the game says it all... I doubt NS2 would still be alive today if not for some of those changes.

I especially like the stats shown at the end of each round.

It seems to me like UWE has already forgotten their roots and are becoming just another stupid money hungry dev... At this point I wouldn't be surprised if NS3 gets released without community servers, a browser, or mod support. (because hey it works for CoD right?)...

This whole thing makes me have a bad feeling that once UWE starts rolling out new builds its going to turn the game into a buggy unbalanced mess that will kill it off for good.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    That list of things you've contributed to the game says it all... I doubt NS2 would still be alive today if not for some of those changes.

I especially like the stats shown at the end of each round.

It seems to me like UWE has already forgotten their roots and are becoming just another stupid money hungry dev... At this point I wouldn't be surprised if NS3 gets released without community servers, a browser, or mod support. (because hey it works for CoD right?)...

This whole thing makes me have a bad feeling that once UWE starts rolling out new builds its going to turn the game into a buggy unbalanced mess that will kill it off for good.

Yea, I think when a niche game like NS2 or NS3 would become this kind of a game, it would completely die pretty fast. It works for CoD because different playerbase.

I guess we only can wait to see what will happen to NS in general, I hope it stays NS and you are wrong there.

But I am not sure if it is for the good if the plan is making colorful deluxe armor DLCs. But maybe there is just the fear in me of seeing marines wearing Santa Clause hats in the future, because seen in many games before.