NS2 Patch Reversion to 277

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hi server admins

Despite out best efforts and weeks of testing, something seems to have slipped through and it's not a simple fix unfortunately.

So we're going to revert back from 278 to 277 within the next hour, so that NS2 is working again for over the weekend.

Apologies for this, everyone who worked on this patch have done a great job but as with everything, stuff happens sometimes.

Thanks all once again for running your NS2 servers and communities. and apologies once again for the inconvenience.

-Obraxis

Comments

• Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    You could have atleast added the fix that caused the crashes in 277.

I now keep crashing again.....
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    You could have atleast added the fix that caused the crashes in 277.

I now keep crashing again.....

That's not possible I'm afraid. That would require testing, and then prep work itself. We will work to try and the fixes out ASAP.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2015
    it's a roll back dude... give em some time and quiet to fix it... the day was loud enough.. my appologys ... you don't know what a gem this community is we built up at Hellarious Basterds and what it means to some people. thx for the best multiplayer experience of our lives.