Hitregs are off with latest patch?

CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Anyone else see this? Tried several servers, there's sounds + blood splash but not so often damage. It's very noticeable

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Many mods are broken. One of them is shine.
    If the server is not running shine dev but shine, its currently broken.
    Some map mods also broke. One of them is n2_hydra. (you do not need to be in the map for it to break sadly)

Atm TAW UK pub is ok.

So make sure the server you are on is stable
  • strawbabyjewsstrawbabyjews Join Date: 2015-12-04 Member: 209716Members
    Yeah, I think everyone's noticed it at this point. I'm going to stop playing until fixed.
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    welcome back UWE u broke the game
  • mechtechmechtech Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172376Members
    It's absolutely awful. I've never seen it this bad in the 1000 hours I've played. Every server I join is filled with new joiners asking if reg is off, and existing players complaining about reg. The game's nearly unplayable right now.

I'd say as skulk a good 1/3 of bites won't register. It sucks for marines too but it's clearly noticeable as aliens because you can have a marine fill your entire screen, see the bite animation go off, and get no damage.

I'm not sure if it's a patch or mod issue, but DMD and MCG servers are screwed for sure.
  • bs_bs_ Join Date: 2014-04-08 Member: 195245Members, NS2 Map Tester

Seems like the usual to me B)
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    good thing they test their patches
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Please be sure that you dont run Shine until it's fixed, and better not to run any other mods until they are updated. NS2+ was tested during development.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    LOL I just shot 19.8%, and I was playing really well
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    @bs_ Yeah those look like the same symptoms, compared to videos I made from 276

Thanks for the detailed video, anyhow.
    If anyone is experiencing anything worse (or new) than these videos please follow suit with your own video

EDIT: ok so i've joined some very full modded servers and whooaaa holy crap it was horrendously bad.
    Then I joined a vanilla server in the EU and had the typical degree of issues, however the low pinged person had the same high degree of issues. Weird.
    Taking video & sounding the alarms
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I can, unfortunately, report that hitreg is a lot worse this patch.

Tried on our TAW UK pub with a few people. (read 3.)
    hitreg was abhorrent. Im not talking about previous patches, im talking about at times 50% off.

Server log showed no increase in any errors I can remotely relay to hitreg. There are errors but not more then normal.
    We run the shine dev version, which has some fixes ghoul made for this patch.

Right now I shut it down and started TAW UK Pub vanilla. Feel free to see if issues on the vanilla also arrise.
    (note 20 slot on vanilla's default bwlimit is still pushing it, so see if you have any issues if it closes to max players.)

I am actively pushing fellow taw to make recordings. :)
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Sweet, I'm gonna hop into a server right now.

Not.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    The game is terrible and has to be reverted to patch 277. A hotfix is nowhere near quick enough for this.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I think most of the team is sleeping at the moment, but you can bet this will be looked at as soon as possible in the morning. Sorry for any inconvenience!
    I can reproduce this on vanilla server sadly. No recording yet. @Ironhorse was recording his side.
    If folk feel inclined to try. TAW runs vanilla atm, just in case.

I initially thought I could reproduce with bots.. this was wrong. Bots seem fine. (I see no damage but blood on bots when not all pellets hit, but I used 0.3 damage on bots.. so perhaps a few pellets on 0.3 are no damage cause ya know.. 30%.)
    @rantology, make them go back to 277 immediately before they can put a hotfix together.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Here's a quick brief on UWE's perspective on this situation: http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/well-thats-a-bit-of-a-mess/

I hope we can all resolve it quite quickly, while keeping all involved parties happy.