Build 278 Released on Steam - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited December 2015 in NS2 General Discussion

imageBuild 278 Released on Steam - Natural Selection 2

“Twas the night before Gorgemas when all through the tram Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse; The stockings were hung by the refinery with care, In hopes that St....

Read the full story here

Comments

• ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I think that redplug bug has been bothering me for eternity. If this fixes it, I will be over the bloody moon!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    NAT failure protection – the network protocol now survives if a NAT gateway drops the UDP binding – this should hopefully help with redplug problems.
    Fixed that first persons spectating send 6-8 times more network packages than needed to the server.
    Fixed that the multi-threaded physics wasn’t updating the collision boxes correctly. This caused all kind of jittering and other weird behaviors.

Sounds like some good general client/server stability improvements made it into this update.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @rantology post 1080p background immediatelyyy
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Heh Rudolf the red eyed babbler, had a very shiny gaze...
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2015
    The glowing eyes on that gorge are so evil looking.. reminds me of the Santa from Futurama.
    char_25744.jpg

Help.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Is there a highres version of the image?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    GISP wrote: »
    Is there a highres version of the image?
    rantology wrote: »
    mattji104 wrote: »
    @rantology post 1080p background immediatelyyy

Haha, here you go: http://i.imgur.com/3wocSrX.png L6aPtdx.pngL6aPtdx.pngL6aPtdx.png

• PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I freaking love cute NS2 pictures. I have a sizeable collection, so thanks for the hi-res version.
  • detectordetector Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187984Members
    wasabi are we ever going to get the ns2 horizon bracket prizes? just wondering.
  • KittyAttackKittyAttack California Join Date: 2013-11-29 Member: 189622Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2015
    I wish they would do some aggressive beta testing before making all the kids cry and swear off of NS2. Build 2.78 features: CDT breaks hit reg for Christmas!! Awesome job punishing all the naughty kids! All we need now is a patch to prevent everyone from joining a server to chase off that last few NS2 players right after another NS2 sale!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=568123384
    >>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<<<<<
    MERRY Christmas from the CDT!!!

I mean, I know they work hard, I just wish they gave a shit about the general player base. It is no wonder people refuse to complain on the forums anymore. No one here seems to give a gorges arse about what the general population wants and always disregards most peoples complaints.

Next Update better include beta testing!
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited December 2015
    well something is majorly messed up with the new patch,

hydra doesnt work just fall through floor no props or entities or lighting showing up, tried to fix it 3 times same thing.

loaded up a few custom maps they all doing same.

so just tried loading veil and veil is also doing the same, it isnt a custom map issue but game broken issue, least for some people

i cant play ns2 until the patch is fixed
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    FYI, I am hitting with Parasite as a Skulk, getting the +1 on TAB screen, the player model isn't highlighted on the map.

Your reg issues are somewhere between animation and model(damage).
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @deathshroud
    Sadly the cause IS hydra. I was infact quite specific.

Regardless if you are on ns2_hydra or not, if its 'loaded' by commandline (and possibly mapcycle) it will destroy the correct function of every map.
    Your only solution to have a stable server is to simply remove ns2_hydra from your server configs entirely.
    yes im sure, I spend way to many hours on it, to be sure.

I noticed ns2_hydra supplies its own lua code. The fault must be there somewhere.
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, the hitreg is pretty fucky. It's not even consistently fucky. Like there is onos running in straight hallway away from me, first half of the clip regs, the second does no damage what so ever. Sometimes skulk takes it all and dies immediately, sometimes i unload whole shotgun mag and I don't deal any damage, none, nada against a skulk who was mostly straight-lining then standing in one place. I might have jsut turned 180 and shot the wall, the noob I am, but the reports from other players were confirming this. People with consistent 25-30% acc on pubs, esp as we had tons of rookies on the server, got around 14-17%, one round even 7%...
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    lol was drunk, thought it was me.
    Well, it probaly was for a large part anyway
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    No worries Vindaloo.
    I already spend time reproducing this with ironhorse on vanilla on trustworthy servers. its been reported in detail.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    CCTEE wrote: »
    lol was drunk, thought it was me.
    Well, it probaly was for a large part anyway

You know what would've been cool, being drunk and playing better with worse hitreg :D