Does Subnautica need land animals on the islands.

Joe_HoganJoe_Hogan England Join Date: 2015-11-07 Member: 209067Members
I have not seen a discussion about land creatures on this website yet so I am creating this discussion to see who cares about this topic. I think there is a lot of potential if unknown worlds consider this entire new and unexplored branch of exploration, danger and experiences of Subnautica it is just a mountain of fun just waiting to be "climbed".

Comments

• UmbradorUmbrador Almaty Join Date: 2015-11-09 Member: 209114Members
    I would love to see land creatures one day in the future ^^ I understand it will not be soon, but i have a lot of patience to see how the subnautica changes over time. It is always exciting!
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    Some amphibious creature would be good. Maybe even something nasty that will follow you onto land so you don't have a way to escape easily.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    Agreed , rare amphibious predators would fit the islands better than reapers trying to beach themselves. Something that keeps the population of crawlers down also :p
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    yes totally agree cave crawlers need to be capt in chit
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I would love for them to improve ai first before adding more life stuff.
  • hotbread100hotbread100 PA Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229259Members
    i agree though as it should be able to go on land and sea a creature of that ability would prove more of a challenge to get the log and planter box and such. that would be pretty cool
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    This is a really old thread, how did you manage to find this?
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
  • TheRelmLordTheRelmLord The Void Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226060Members
    That Happened To A Thread I Saw That Was Old... It Had Amazing Ideas! I Even Tried To Make It A Sequel. Nothing Seems To Be Working... Well I Guess I'm Just Going To Be On The Planet That Subnautica Takes Place On Except I Would Have EVERY SINGLE VIRUS!!! Because I Don't Deserve To Live...
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    This is a really old thread, how did you manage to find this?

Seance. ;)
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    How about those salamanders from the tentacle biome concept art?
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Not everything swims in the ocean, there are sea floor dwellers too. The only sea floor creatures in subnautica are the sea treaders and the crawlers. And the islands should be able to support life more than the cave crawlers.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    The Mountain island could very well have been artificially created by the Precursors for their Enforcement Platform, and the Floating Island, like all floating islands, wasn't always floating.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    The Mountain island could very well have been artificially created by the Precursors for their Enforcement Platform, and the Floating Island, like all floating islands, wasn't always floating.

Well both have animals on them now, plants and other things aswell. There is even some algae on the precursor base, so it has been there some time.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited March 2017
    Xadie wrote: »
    You have to be aware of that for every island creature we forgo a possible new sea creature as development ressources are limited. Thats actually a trade I don't want to make. I'm perfectly fine with cave crawlers on islands. Maybe an amphibian creature might be ok, so they populate both island and surrounding sea

Yes.

More creepy crawlies.

Getting flashbacks to the SOMA underwater spider cave.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Well both have animals on them now, plants and other things aswell. There is even some algae on the precursor base, so it has been there some time.

The Precursors had their little accident about 1,000 Earth years previously. Plenty of time for all of that, on 4546B.