Will my computer run this game?

Alex_Alex_ Join Date: 2015-11-12 Member: 209188Members
Hello, I was wondering if the computer I am getting would be able to run this game, it looks really fun and I would love to play it! These are the features:

3.8 GHz AMD Vishera FX-4300 Quad-Core
8GB of DDR3 RAM
1TB 7200 rpm SATA III Hard Drive
AMD Radeon R5 230 GPU (1GB)
DVI / HDMI / VGA
24x Dual-Layer Super-Multi Drive
Gigabit Ethernet
8 x USB 2.0 Ports
USB Keyboard & Mouse Included
Windows 10 Home (64-bit

Thanks for any help that comes across!

Comments

• Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
    I'm not an expert but i think the game run perfectly in your pc...maybe you can have the graphics settings hight
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    The GPU seems a bit old, and I'm not sure about the CPU (can't read into it now, will gladly look into it later if you want), but everything else seems fine
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    You can run it... but don't expect high settings at this point. What you have a is a mid-range (if not perhaps lower range) gaming PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the CPU is decent if not good, and the GPU is a tad old as LD has stated. Thus, you may find some issues with FPS but overall, if you can stand low graphics, you can run SN just fine.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Your GPU is on the low side. You may be able to pay on minimum settings
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    That is not a gaming GPU at all unfortunately. The CPU is also a little low powered. Overall, you will probably find you will have to use minimum settings, and may still get slightly choppy play.
  • Alex_Alex_ Join Date: 2015-11-12 Member: 209188Members
    I am now getting an AMD Radeon R7 360 GPU (2GB), I still don't know if that is good enough but how could I help the CPU?
    Alex_ wrote: »
    I am now getting an AMD Radeon R7 360 GPU (2GB), I still don't know if that is good enough but how could I help the CPU?

That GPU looks better. Don't expect high-level graphics with that (even my rig can't pull that reliability, and I'm running a GTX970 with a I5 4690K CPU), but you should be able to run low graphics with more than decent fps. As for your CPU, it will probably do the job, and won't create that much of a bottleneck I think. Then again, if you have the money for it, I'd say you should get a upgrade. But I think the CPU should be just good enough for low settings
    LordDerp wrote: »

That GPU looks better. Don't expect high-level graphics with that (even my rig can't pull that reliability, and I'm running a GTX970 with a I5 4690K CPU), but you should be able to run low graphics with more than decent fps. As for your CPU, it will probably do the job, and won't create that much of a bottleneck I think. Then again, if you have the money for it, I'd say you should get a upgrade. But I think the CPU should be just good enough for low settings

The thing is if I save up money that I can I could customize the whole thing, I am 14 right now so I can't really have a job but I want to save up for it myself, I have like $315 right now and if I get one with these features, it will be just about $400 more, these are the components to it:

3.5 GHz AMD Vishera FX-8320 Eight-Core
    16GB of DDR3 RAM
    2TB 7200 rpm SATA III Hard Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU (2GB)
    DVI / HDMI / DisplayPort
    24x Dual-Layer Super-Multi Drive
    Gigabit Ethernet
    8 x USB 2.0 Ports
    USB Keyboard & Mouse Included
    Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited November 2015
    ... I am 14 right now so I can't really have a job but I want to save up for it myself...

That's an admirable quality for a 14-year-old boy to have. Nice to see, Alex. :smiley:
  • Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
    I'm definitly not an expert of PC... excuse me Alex for my bad advice :(
    Natan378 wrote: »
    I'm definitly not an expert of PC... excuse me Alex for my bad advice :(

Heh, the though is what counts here . ;)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    With the AMD cards, R5 are casual usage, R7 are normal usage and R9 are hardcore usage, you card will be fine for this game. If you could stretch to an intel processor, you would also see a large performance increase.

Also, I forgot to ask, as this is arguably the most important question when it comes to graphics cards, what resolution will you be playing at?

I play at 1360x768, so my Geforce 560ti and i4670k are fine for Experimental settings.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I have the following specs on my labtop:

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" AUO Matte 95% Gamut Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Extreme i7-3940XM (3.00GHz) 8MB

Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)

Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Memory - Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200)

A vary meaty machine, but I still get awful lag that really ruins my gaming experience on SN

:disappointed:
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    With the AMD cards, R5 are casual usage, R7 are normal usage and R9 are hardcore usage, you card will be fine for this game. If you could stretch to an intel processor, you would also see a large performance increase.

Also, I forgot to ask, as this is arguably the most important question when it comes to graphics cards, what resolution will you be playing at?

I play at 1360x768, so my Geforce 560ti and i4670k are fine for Experimental settings.

As I am playing on a mac right now, I would have to say the resolution would probably be 1280 x 800, and as a question, being I am not really a computer guy that knows about a lot of stuff, is there any advice on a good, cheap intel processor?
    Generally the same goes for CPU's as it goes for AMD cards. I3's are casual, I5's are normal and I7's are hardcore. So if you're going with a R7 360, I'd choose one of the cheaper I5's, like these:
    Intel Core i5 4460 (which is a decent CPU, or if you cant afford it:
    Intel Core i5 4670

Any other questions regarding PC building, ask away. Am happy to help :)
    Generally the same goes for CPU's as it goes for AMD cards. I3's are casual, I5's are normal and I7's are hardcore. So if you're going with a R7 360, I'd choose one of the cheaper I5's, like these:
    Intel Core i5 4670

As of right now I think I am getting an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU (2GB), so people told me that is a good GPU, would I still have to get better CPU? I think I am getting this one, I don't don't if it is a CPU because I am not too good with computers, but here is a component: 3.5 GHz AMD Vishera FX-8320 Eight-Core

• tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    i7 4790k 4.8 ghz (oc)

reference 980ti

16 gigs at 1866

can i run subnautica?

i7 4790k 4.8 ghz (oc)

reference 980ti

16 gigs at 1866

can i run subnautica?

Ofc not, what a shit pc xD
    edited November 2015
    Intel Core i5 4670

As of right now I think I am getting an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU (2GB), so people told me that is a good GPU, would I still have to get better CPU? I think I am getting this one, I don't don't if it is a CPU because I am not too good with computers, but here is a component: 3.5 GHz AMD Vishera FX-8320 Eight-Core

It is very important to make sure you have a balance between graphics card power and cpu power.

The graphics card is more than suitable for running this game, again, dependant on resolution, but anything upto and including 1920*1080 should be more than fine.

Your CPU FX8320, is on a par with my CPU -

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-vs-AMD-FX-8320

So on that note, with that CPU and the 960, you should be able to play on Experimental settings upto 1920*1080, and with 16gbs of RAM, it should be plenty of time until you run out of memory too.

Overall, that is a well balanced system, mid-ranged gaming system. Certainly capable of higher framerates and resolutions than I can do currently.

If you are speccing this as a new pc to buy, let me know how much that spec will cost you, and i'll see if I can come up with a system (i'm assuming pre-built?) that would be of similar performance, but try to save you some money.

Alternatively, if it is being spec'd on a website or something, you could just link me to that website so I can find out for myself and try to help :) As I said that PC is fine, but if I can save you some money at the same time, well, that means more for games right? :D
    Intel Core i5 4670

It is very important to make sure you have a balance between graphics card power and cpu power.

The graphics card is more than suitable for running this game, again, dependant on resolution, but anything upto and including 1920*1080 should be more than fine.

Your CPU FX8320, is on a par with my CPU -

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-vs-AMD-FX-8320

So on that note, with that CPU and the 960, you should be able to play on Experimental settings upto 1920*1080, and with 16gbs of RAM, it should be plenty of time until you run out of memory too.

Overall, that is a well balanced system, mid-ranged gaming system. Certainly capable of higher framerates and resolutions than I can do currently.

If you are speccing this as a new pc to buy, let me know how much that spec will cost you, and i'll see if I can come up with a system (i'm assuming pre-built?) that would be of similar performance, but try to save you some money.

Alternatively, if it is being spec'd on a website or something, you could just link me to that website so I can find out for myself and try to help :) As I said that PC is fine, but if I can save you some money at the same time, well, that means more for games right? :D

Here is the website :http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1170351-REG/cyberpowerpc_gamer_ultra_gua570_gaming.html?selectedType=Graphics Card&Graphics Card=AMD Radeon R5 230&RAM + Storage=8GB RAM + 1TB HDD&Processor=3.8 GHz AMD Vishera FX-4300
    Sorry, I tried hard, but I can't beat that price on any US site I found. Seems like you got a good deal there. I have found the same PC but for $100-300 more. Nothing of similar price, although I am searching from UK so my knowledge of US sites is not too great.
    Sorry, I tried hard, but I can't beat that price on any US site I found. Seems like you got a good deal there. I have found the same PC but for $100-300 more. Nothing of similar price, although I am searching from UK so my knowledge of US sites is not too great.

Thanks anyways dude!
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    edited November 2015
    I think that graphics card might not be able to handle it, or at the very least not very well. Graphics cards should be pretty expensive (especially if you're really into gaming) I mean you don't need anything like what I have (because it's honestly ridiculous beautiful black and white overkill). Basically to upgrade your best choice would be a 960 or 970 (970 has better price per performance IMO)

If you really wanted to up your CPU without spending a fart ton of money and still get way better performance get a 8350 (I think you can use the same MOBO because they're both FX's AM3). I loved mine (in my older build) and it performed very well in basically everything. Intel can get you better FPS because support is usually better, so if you want to invest in something that will really run the game well the "old" haswell i5-4690k or i7-4770k will do you just fine.

Don't get into skylake. It is really powerful, fast, and full of features but the price is way too high right now. And on top of that you'll need DDR4 which while it has come down in price A LOT, it's still fairly expensive for what you get compared with DDR3. Another thing to avoid (on the parts I bought) is the Intel 750 series PCIe SSD. They're LUDICROUSLY fast, but waaaaaaaayyy to pricey for the few seconds taken off of boot and load times. It's nice if you're transferring big files (A 24ish gb file took 9 seconds from my SSD to PCIe SSD) but totally not worth it.

Edit: Oh, if you're looking for a pre-built go with this. It's the same specs except a little less ram, but you get a better Processor, case, and keyboard. Newegg usually has really good deals, steer clear of tiger direct though, especially if you want help with absolutely anything.
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    For informations my computer is

i7-4770K 3.5Ghz
    GTX770 - 4Go
    16Go RAM
    SSD 512Go (better than my Sata to refresh biomes)

Subnautica runs perfectly in mode "Experimental" and high Graphics settings in 1920*1080

idwz2t669469.jpg

water rendering is good with my settings and computer

Have a nice day Submariners ;)