NS2 Patch 276 signed off - Release Thursday!

2»

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @wooza I know exactly what you mean.
    I have had this before the taw UK servers went down. They are still down for maintenance.
    But one of the UK servers was double exactly as you describe. :)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2015
    wooza wrote: »
    A small bug report with b276: Using the new sv_dyndns command makes the server showing twice in the serverbrowser. I guess that is not intended right?

It's your server history. Clean it and the "bug" will be gone.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I shall, thanks Ghoul. :)
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    That doesn't seem to work, still got 2 playgrounds and 2 wheels in serverbrowser after deleting historyservers.json while game wasn't running.
    Didn't use sv_dyndns, instead edited the serverconfig.json manually.
    This is really of next to no importance.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    My servers stopped reporting to hive since using sv_dyndns. Is this a bug or needs uwe.acedude to manually add them back to hive whitelist?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    My servers stopped reporting to hive since using sv_dyndns. Is this a bug or needs uwe.acedude to manually add them back to hive whitelist?

The server now reports with the dyndns to hive and is therefor handled as new server which means you have to collect 50 rounds and need to be white-listed by acedude another time.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »

And how many other servers did you experience this one? Wooza's does NOT count lol

Haven't tested it myself, but I heard from various people from my friends list experiencing similar problems who were playing on servers like Thirsty Onos Bar or MCG.

That narrows it down then, the reason behind my logic is wooza server is unique in that it uses a modified binary and the game wasn't designed to accommodate that many players so logic dictates if you are troubleshooting, find out if it isolated to said server first if it is not then we can determine its an inherent problem across all servers, like it or lump it @wooza its the truth :) I have nothing against wooza as i frequent there regularly but you must at first hard acknowledged putting your own spin on the game can potentially come with its own consequences, it would be ignorant not to.

:smile:
  • OozleOozle Perth Join Date: 2003-11-17 Member: 23045Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2015
    Hey guys im having all sorts of problems still since the update getting this weird console message my server only runs for 5 mins exactly then crashes with these console message
    7w5l331jm3g9.png
    edited October 2015
    Oozle wrote: »
    Hey guys im having all sorts of problems still since the update getting this weird console message my server only runs for 5 mins exactly then crashes with these console message
    7w5l331jm3g9.png

Ban 120.144.34.154 ;) Are you sure you are running 276.1? On a more serious note we are still looking into it.
  • OozleOozle Perth Join Date: 2003-11-17 Member: 23045Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2015
    I have updated both my servers even done again last night but both servers are showing the same error in console i just wish i knew how to fix it as people are getting frustrated
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    Can you upload the log? The stuff before the ack-spam starts may contain a lead to what the issue is.
    I got this from console hope this helps
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    So, if all the empty servers dedicated to NS2 would turn off and spend that server money on charity, I bet the world would be a better place.
    edited October 2015
    matso wrote: »
    Can you upload the log? The stuff before the ack-spam starts may contain a lead to what the issue is.

Those logs just contain the normal start up sequence. We need the log including the ack messages. Most helpful would be if you could run net_log 1024 in the rcon before it happens.
    edited October 2015
    I could only take photo on my phone for somev6rc57ua4ufg.jpg
    reason print screen wont take shot of console in game and cant see the same stuff on web console so here is what i got
    I could only take photo on my phone for somev6rc57ua4ufg.jpg
    reason print screen wont take shot of console in game and cant see the same stuff on web console so here is what i got

Those logs just contain the normal start up sequence. We need the log including the ack messages. Most helpful would be if you could run net_log 1024 in the rcon before it happens.

• woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    Just a quick information for server operators: Using sv_dyndns will your server stop sending stats to hive, which makes the command kinda useless right now.

AceDude: sv_dyndns servers are not compatible with hive
    edited October 2015
    Just a quick information for server operators: Using sv_dyndns will your server stop sending stats to hive, which makes the command kinda useless right now.

AceDude: sv_dyndns servers are not compatible with hive

Not entirely, servers with dynamic ips have almost no chance to get white listed for long at hive anyway.

Now at least they are kept in the player's favorite list. And it won't stop the server from sending data to hive but hive fails to process them.
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    edited October 2015
    So no fix anytime soon. Gotcha.
    I'd like to see a trello for this. Thanks.
    Exactly what Ghoul said.
    The variable ip was a wash anyway in terms of whitelisting.

Also @oozle you did notice the message regarding ns2+ right?
    edited October 2015
    No ghoul said something else first.

The server now reports with the dyndns to hive and is therefor handled as new server which means you have to collect 50 rounds and need to be white-listed by acedude another time.

Many servers have a dynamic IP adress and some of them suffered so much from it that the owners have to shut down the server (eg. Scatterverse). I was very excited when i saw this task finally got implemented, but as it is now = not usable.

Edit: @oozle I would suggest deleting ns2+ mod from startup file and mapcycle. Delete it also from the workshop folder. after that download it again and add it to the startup and mapcycle. Do you run any other mods than shine and ns2+ ?
    @wooza While I agree that I expected the dyndns function to work as described, we are in no way worse off.

If we do not use it, we have the old way where a ip is whitelisted, the server gets a new ip, and the fun starts again. In practical terms this means the server simply is not whitelisted.
    If we use it, the server is not whitelisted.

So from a perspective of having the server report to the hive, its not happening in either case.
    But with the dyndns we can have them as favorite, which just is a step in the right direction.

I am well aware of the 'fun' of having servers on dynamic ip. TAW sadly has NS2 EU servers on dynamic ip also.
    I hope having this dyndns around helps when the hive gets its much needed replacement.
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Once I set sv_dyndns <dns hostname> on the server console, will it save in a config file somewhere or do I need to run the command every time the server.exe restarts?
    AussieKid wrote: »
    Once I set sv_dyndns <dns hostname> on the server console, will it save in a config file somewhere or do I need to run the command every time the server.exe restarts?

It's saved into the config ;)