I'm about the refund the game

2»

Comments

• LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    are you also colorblind?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am Deaf in one Eye and Blind in one ear.....wait....
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    My black armor means a lot to me, I invested in a dream before a single line of code was written. I played every build that was released to us, the Alpha was memorable :wink:
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I remember playing the alpha and i couldnt really make it out of the marine start in docking :), had like 5fps on my old alienware with like a geforce 8800m or something.

In any case my black armor means nothing to me if the game dies fully, so if we can give the CDT some money I'm fine with it
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Those early games were so crazy but oh so much fun. The engine test with the cardboard men was really cool too.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited September 2015
    OP has discovered the fundamental problem with this game, the lack of access to skins! This is what sunk this game and what causes the huge disparity between players! Quick, bust out the skins and the population will skyrocket!

Either that, or hes just a shallow buffoon who is obsessed with skins and has the attitude and reasoning abilities of an 8 year old. EVERYONE's best interest my foot, you mean YOUR best interest. Or do people seriously expect anyone to believe that something so trivial will make the difference between people sticking with the game and dropping it? Will it even be cool if everyone has it? Has no one heard of supply and demand? That doesn't apply exclusively to money you know.

Frankly anyone who can't look past aesthetics to appraise the games core mechanics and gameplay probably would probably not have liked or stuck with it anyway, as evidenced by the fact that skinless over there has only played 9 hours over several years.

On another note, I think people have to come to terms that this game might be beyond saving in the conventional sense. Everyone has moved on and is not coming back. As for new players the game lacks the publicity, introductory resources to attract and retain them and is frankly STILL too hard too run.
    Just accept that from here on in we are stuck with a small but dedicated community. Its not so bad.

Maybe some day someone will make an open source NS3, except they'll name it 'Intelligent Design' to avoid getting sued.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    In my job the number one rule is to assume that everyone is stupid, and will do something in the most stupid way every single time.

So I do think that lack of cosmetics is something big that made this game less popular thanks to the decade it came out. It was a standard at the time, and suits this game perfectly
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited September 2015
    You make an assumption UWE would just do this without consultation. Like with Onos, I'd recommend Charlie poll all special edition owners -- but hope that enough understood the value of re-releasing it to vote in favour.

I would be open to vote yes on such a poll if I was convinced that it would do some real good (and I'm far from convinced).

For such a change to go through it would have to be completely unanimous. If I was for it, even if there was a 1000:1 majority I would still be of the opinion that a thousand of us couldn't speak for the 1 person who wanted the exclusivity to remain. It's their right for the content to retain exclusivity if they want it to remain that way, and this should be honoured even if the vast majority are open for it to be sold again.

For maximum visibility, the question would have to be posed over email, on the forums, and the ns2 subreddit, or even contacted through the steam accounts the DLC is attached to (if that's possible) - thus anybody who might not want this to happen has reasonable opportunity to veto. Not everybody reads the forums, and it was so long ago that the skins went on sale, some people might not have the same email address.

• _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    Why do you even humour this guy? UWE luckily never aimed at the COD / LoL players of this generation.
    darres wrote: »
    my total playtime clocks just a little over 9 hours (in the span of couple years)
    not extensive but I can say I gave an honest effort to enjoy the game

perhaps I did focus a little too much on the skins, but it was one of the things that disappoint me the most so I'll give it the most attention
    how do you think it makes us feel, the new players, that one of the best content of this game is forever lost to us

• MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Why do you even humour this guy? UWE luckily never aimed at the COD / LoL players of this generation.
    my total playtime clocks just a little over 9 hours (in the span of couple years)

perhaps I did focus a little too much on the skins, but it was one of the things that disappoint me the most so I'll give it the most attention
    how do you think it makes us feel, the new players, that one of the best content of this game is forever lost to us

Exactly this, why reward new players by punishing the players that have been here from even before the start of NS2? And those players that Supported the game when ever all it was, was an idea.

If the only reason you play a game is to get "Skins" then am sorry. This is not a game for you.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    _INTER_ wrote: »

Exactly this, why reward new players by punishing the players that have been here from even before the start of NS2? And those players that Supported the game when ever all it was, was an idea.

If the only reason you play a game is to get "Skins" then am sorry. This is not a game for you.

+1

If you only play games just to look "cool" then I pity you, its simply unfair to all the players that believed in the game from the start and was rewarded for their loyalty, kind of a spit to the face if black armor was re-released now.

As mentioned, the novelty wears off after awhile, can't satisfy everyone's needs on a whim I'm afraid! Specially ones such as this.
    If anything, would it not be worth while again doing another Limited Edition pack that is only around for a few months (maybe more maybe less) there for in a years time, the same plays will see our point. If it was re-released then it would just mean that i would stop using my black armour in game, and using somthing else.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2015
    Also I'm not entirely sure why re-releasing skins would somehow have any significant impact on player count and more importantly keeping said players. And for players to even consider buying skins, they have to be already drawn into the game itself... You know I'm more inclined to believe that if they can't handle the way this game is played and stay for that oldschool shooter with learning curve vibe, you know the game itself :tongue: Skins ain't gonna entice them any deeper into NS2... Especially if you compared that to the blatant dishonesty if the devs decide to re-release locked out skins, which were used to fund the company back when NS2 was just an idea and to support further development...

Re-releasing locked out skins, just to throw any doubt straight through the window into a pit of molten steel... That's NOT going to happen :wink:

The work by the CDT to improve accessibility is a much better initiative!

Also torpedos away, I'm sinking this thread!
    edited September 2015
    @Kouji_san Yep, Point made. +1111111111111111111111
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    A simple re-skin? I guess you people have never looked a Black-ops in the eye, or if you did, you got beaten down too fast before you could get a good look.

Special-Ops black armours also have a custom model, as well as the best looking armor in the known universe.

And why is everyone saying they bought this game in 2009? I am pretty sure I bought my black armour around 2006, and the video for release said Fall 2009...

Memory may be off, but 2009 seems way too late for my purchase.
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    A simple re-skin? I guess you people have never looked a Black-ops in the eye, or if you did, you got beaten down too fast before you could get a good look.

Special-Ops black armours also have a custom model, as well as the best looking armor in the known universe.

And why is everyone saying they bought this game in 2009? I am pretty sure I bought my black armour around 2006, and the video for release said Fall 2009...

Memory may be off, but 2009 seems way too late for my purchase.

I dont know, i could be wrong but i remember buying mine as soon as it was released and i could (give or take a few days) i made a payment in 2008 and again in 2009 so it was around then lol
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited October 2015
    Personly my opinion about skins is.
    Jut create like 10 skins (comunity could help including me)
    Then make chalanges like have a lerk dubbel kill within 5 seconds or stomp 5 people to the ground in a accapted game. For example some mods are allowed like ns2+ and maps.
    And if you do a certan amount of challenges you get that skin and so on.
    I think this is a good way to keep people around.
    If you buy dlc you will still get those exclusive skins (NOT BLACK MARINE ARMOUR) but if you fight for it you might get those other non exclusive skins!
    If this was a thing i realy realy think it would make ns2 more popular.
    And if you're running low on skin ideas UWE just remeber im allways there!

~Saffron_Baker.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow @lussebull you get around don't you, you forum hussy you
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Wow @lussebull you get around don't you, you forum hussy you

Beacouse english isn't my first language i had no freaking idea what "hussy" means and this it what i found on google...... http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hussy
    First of all im not a women.
    Second of all i've been with the subnautica forum for like 4 months now so thats mabey how i hot in to the (business) real quik.