Infinity: Battlescape

KhazeKhaze Join Date: 2006-12-12 Member: 59031Members
So you guys remember that procedural space game from half a decade ago (well, actually a full decade)? Infinity?

Yeah, that one.

Now they've gone kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape

The footage they're showing is a pre-alpha prototype at this point (obviously, you don't need to raise money with a ready product...), but it is looking pretty sweet, despite everything being just a placeholder.

This is in case you forgot about this project in the midst of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. I certainly didn't, and now they're here. I've thrown a wad of money at them already, how about you?

Imagine a completely seamless solar system -sized battle arena, where matches can take days with hundreds of players in a single battle, fighting over moons, planets, in deep space... anywhere you can think of. Like Freespace meets World of Tanks meets Planetside.

I don't know about you, but this is speaking to me volumes more than anything E: D or SC are capable of. Get on with it and pledge, guys.

Comments