new type of energy weapon?

tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
so everyone bear with me because this will NEVER happen.

remove the stasis rifle. and the stasis rifle fragment.

replace it with *trigger group fragment*

" found a fragment of a frontiersman M-39 Assault Weapon, must have been used for our security detail....maybe i can use it to make something more suitable for aqua terra?"

take it to the fragment analyzer, you get two different blueprints

beam rifle. fires a concentrated beam of energy that affects one target greatly

pulse rifle. fires a pulse of energy that affects all enemies in an area after the pulse impacts a solid surface, affecting them all to a tenth (obviously would need number tweaking) the power of the beam rifle.

each of these weapons can be loaded with a different type of "canister" to give a different effect. these canisters are discovered by using the DNA infuser/extracter,

taking a sample of a shocker gives to a tazer effect akin to stasis with a small amount of damage.

gasopods slow and poison giving a D.O.T

you get the picture.

certain species of animal could be immune to other effects.

this would force you to think about what you want to prepare for given the situation you are going to be in, giving you an incentive to learn what animal spawns where and so on.

and for god sake. no this does not need to have a lethal effect. this is just an idea. post your ideas for effects and so on below

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    So why do we have to remove the Stasis Rifle?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    M-39 Assault Weapon

beam rifle. fires a concentrated beam of energy that affects one target greatly

pulse rifle. fires a pulse of energy that affects all enemies in an area
    and for god sake. no this does not need to have a lethal effect.

Uhhh...

*Resists urge to merge this obvious weapons thread with the existing one*...