New Update No notice!?

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
Saw my server was not letting players in and that my game updated. I can not join and it looks like there is a new update with no warning!>

Comments

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Yep there was a required server update. I mean really, you guys release this on a Sunday night with no warning and no notice even when the patch hits?
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Noticed this too. Would have liked some warning, but hopefully the redplugs are fixed now.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2015
    Well i am as puzzled as you. But it seems like the "hotfix" planned for tuesday was just released.

276.1 Changelog:
    • Stopped the server from processing the same client move twice. (caused one of the "red plug" Issues)
    • Fixed that debug.setupvalue caused clients to crash (function is used by some of the most popular mods)
    • Spectator are no longer included in the match's hive report
    • The tutorial is now playable under linux.

Known Issue:
    • some server (wooza and probably the siege mod) run into issues when interpolating due to reassigned entity ids due to coming close to the entity count limit.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2015
    debug.setupvalue currently has a critical issue causing clients to crash (e.g. NS2+ and the Comp Mod triggers this)

so 99.99% of servers

bhms5amj.2c0.png
    ?
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    It's called a ninja update.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yeah there was a miscommunication and a build went out that should not have. We're working on sorting it out ASAP.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2015
    Well i do have access to the beta build, it's just that i would rather it have been shared out to server hosts who want it rather then have to get it from friends, Australian community is a pretty good test-bed for these things,

And also what are the PT's doing, they clearly are only looking for bugs they're told to look for and not new ones.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    nizb0ag wrote: »
    Well i do have access to the beta build, it's just that i would rather it have been shared out to server hosts who want it rather then have to get it from friends, Australian community is a pretty good test-bed for these things,

And also what are the PT's doing, they clearly are only looking for bugs they're told to look for and not new ones.

Not sure you even read my post....the build that went out was a miscommunication and should not have gone out. The PTs have nothing to do with this.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    nizb0ag wrote: »

PTs are looking for bugs they're told to look and if they ever see new ones, they report them. NS2 would be so much more buggy otherwise.