Server list perf/quality different from in-game perfmon stats

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited October 2015 in Server Discussion
Hi there, server quality in the list is 15 (quality 84-100)

But in game, it's showing most of the game perf of 38-60 with a quality of 84-100

Happened since this update, want any logs or something?

http://ns2servers.devicenull.org/servers/1689121/1.42.16.59:27019

Tried to delete perfhist.bin, still no change.

One issue.

Host server, i join from a local client(another computer on lan), says there's no players on the server so it doesn't record stats, one person joins and seeds server, for a split second when they join perf goes down (first person only) and then it stays with that perf, even though it's not the true indication of the server( i suspect this is how it was working on mine )

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    perfmon needs players to actually shows a score.

quality shows the reliability of the scoring. If it just started scoring, who knows if its a peak in performance or not?

At a quick glance at taw's performance lines I saw nothing odd.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ATF was in the server and was watching perf at around 40-50 with nearing 100quality.

The servers idle is always high, no other issues either, one thing to note, the quality and peak was always great, same with medium.

I think i've figured out some of the issues, i have an amd 8350, overclocked to 4.6ghz with some other software modifications.

2 people sitting in the server tickrate 15-20, 3 people 20-25, 4 people 30ticks (18 people 30ticks), so the problem is something else?

I've tried a different OS, changed all thermal throttling in bios settings and the like but i am still getting this issue, it never happened in the other patch(but the tickrate thing did, just never perf issues)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Do a search in this subforum. I remember someone else having this problem.
    Should not be anything IN ns2 causing it.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Do a search in this subforum. I remember someone else having this problem.
    Should not be anything IN ns2 causing it.

I wouldn't have posted otherwise, and besides i've already inquired with 3 other server hosts + a few people.
    I meant this thread:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2231345

It looks rather similar to your experiences.
    Going from you linking pictures with dropping tickrate.

I would personally only worry about the current performance of your server. If you have had long periods of bad history in the past Id expect its average is lower.

I wonder how the load is when the server is full under a heavy load. (marine GL/JPing in hive)
    Do you have perfmon lines to share?