Development Updates

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited July 2015
    subnautica4life wrote:
    so a tracker if you put them on animals.

Yeah, I proposed this in my fourth bunch of ideas.
  • CousteauCousteau Germany Join Date: 2015-07-18 Member: 206251Members
    Or a beacon that doesn't drift away. Can you use beacons inside?
    Yes, you can. It will hover above the floor.
  • LFCavalcantiLFCavalcanti Brazil Join Date: 2015-07-29 Member: 206494Members
    Hi!

New forum member here.

So... this game is amazing, I played it for like a month non stop, reached "end game" and since It's EA, I just moved to other games while the DEVs do their thing.

I know there is a Trello brad, Changelogs and etc. But, can someone consolidate info on what's up? What feature can we expect in the next update? When will it come?

[SARCASM ON]
    I'm scared, because ARK is updating non stop, Space Engineers will get planets soon, even Rust is getting better, I may loose my social life if Subnautica releases an awesome update too.
    [SARCASM OFF]
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2015
    Third bunch of ideas :
    • I can't remember who asked this, but someone wanted these wierd things to be in the game : 3g2sdqmenbbl.jpg I don't know where they originally come from or what their name is, but they do seem cool, and wierd enough to look alien. I rather feel that they could be some sort of scavenger swarming around the sunken skeleton of a really ancient and massive animal (see my second bunch of ideas)

yeah, actually it was me. it's the hive from natural selection 2 another game from unknown worlds!
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2237063/#Comment_2237063
    pls quote or give credit if u use other forum members work. but thx for liking it anyway! ^^
  • thebiga00thebiga00 ireland Join Date: 2015-07-29 Member: 206522Members
    New member here.I personally would love to see an update where they add human survivor npcs and you find them on wrecked ships and you bring them back to your base on a sort of carrier ship and you have to build rooms for them and build relationships
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Third bunch of ideas :
    • I can't remember who asked this, but someone wanted these wierd things to be in the game : 3g2sdqmenbbl.jpg I don't know where they originally come from or what their name is, but they do seem cool, and wierd enough to look alien. I rather feel that they could be some sort of scavenger swarming around the sunken skeleton of a really ancient and massive animal (see my second bunch of ideas)

yeah, actually it was me. it's the hive from natural selection 2 another game from unknown worlds!
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2237063/#Comment_2237063
    pls quote or give credit if u use other forum members work. but thx for liking it anyway! ^^

Yeah sorry 'bout that : I read that original message (on Steam, I think) and downloaded the image before I created my Unknown World Entertainment account, and didn't re-visit the page for at least three weeks, so I'd completely forgotten about it.
    Fifth bunch of ideas :
    • Hull plates should be allowed to be put on the outside of the cyclops (for JackSepticEye (start at 7:28) :
    • I would like Rabitrays to be able to be put inside aquariums : I'm aware that the player can't pick rabbitrays up, but, judging from its size, it seems to be twice the size of a peeper/airsack/... So if the player can eventually pick it up and put it in the inventory and then in the aquarium, the animal should only take 2 or 4 spaces. I wouldn't want it to be edible though : to me it seems way too massive for a single meal, and eating one would feel like cheating. So please make it poisionous to the player or something.
    • Often, players do more than one "mission" or exploratin at a time, and they tend to forget to do some of them. It'd therefore be really cool to incorperate a sort of notepad onto which the player could type/write not only reminders, but also important or interesting observations made while playing. It's a sort of diary, I know.
    • Whenever players want to to a long trip (down to the deep-sea, for example) materials are rare and power will be lost very quickly because the only source of power available is the one coming from only six power cells, which is really not enough. It would therefore be a good idea to install solar pannels on the cyclops so that it'd charge at least when it's close enough to the surface; so that the rest of the time, when it's in deep water and sunlight is weak, the player must rely on the power of the power cell (again, for JackSepticEye (start at 22:33) :
    • I've already mentionned this (other people have), and I will mention it again (other people may have) : THE CREATURES DESPRATELY NEED TO VARY IN SIZE/SHAPE/COLOUR ! WHEN ARE YOU ACTUALLY GOING TO FIX ALL THESE ANIMALS THAT ALL LOOK LIKE CLONES ?!
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Also when are we gonna get text to speech communication? I wanna yell Johm Madden at some fish.
  • LFCavalcantiLFCavalcanti Brazil Join Date: 2015-07-29 Member: 206494Members
    Lovely... a while I asked and no one bothered to answer...
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Noticed in the most recent update, that structures above water no longer have a structural integrity requirement.
  • Silk_SkSilk_Sk United States Join Date: 2015-01-03 Member: 200602Members
    Noticed in the most recent update, that structures above water no longer have a structural integrity requirement.

Sweet. Time to industrialize that entire island. Hope those plants aren't endangered or anything.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited August 2015
    Silk_Sk wrote: »
    Sweet. Time to industrialize that entire island. Hope those plants aren't endangered or anything.
    Nope but I can guess by the time you've finished they will be. :)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited September 2015
    Why does the moonpool have four feet that look like it wants to stay on ground? I always place my moonpool somewhere underwater but high above ground, so I can dock with ease, if there wouldn't be those built-in feet blocking my path. It would make sense for a bottom moonpool, but who'd really want to place the moonpool that close above the sea bottom?

And a question about the nuclear plant. Why is it that small? And wouldn't we want to add some power emergencies with a nuclear blast for the worst? Wouldn't it be better to use a seperate structure with a powerline to connect a far away station from the distance?

Third, will the cyclops get a solar regeneration module or an underwater base dock for recharging, repairing or construction?

Finally the vertical shaft ladder is teleporting in zero time right now, even for distances like 200m. What would be better - a climbing animation of the body with climbing time or a lift animation of a cabin with the lift taking time and discharging of power?

EDIT:
    Forgot that I can see built structures from a greater distances than lets say a surface island. How long will it take to see the island first and the base station on it some time later?
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Why does the moonpool have four feet that look like it wants to stay on ground? I always place my moonpool somewhere underwater but high above ground, so I can dock with ease, if there wouldn't be those built-in feet blocking my path. It would make sense for a bottom moonpool, but who'd really want to place the moonpool that close above the sea bottom?
    Agreed...I find the moonpool feet very inconvenient. (and not needed)

the vertical shaft ladder is teleporting in zero time right now, even for distances like 200m.
    I actually like the instant teleport feature for the moment. I have a 500 meter ladder running from the little island pool, all the way down to the deep reef floor. (an impossible climb done in a nano-second) :smiley:

Aquatarkus wrote: »
    I actually like the instant teleport feature for the moment. I have a 500 meter ladder running from the little island pool, all the way down to the deep reef floor. (an impossible climb done in a nano-second) :smiley:

That's actually the reason why I'd love to see a vertical turbolift.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    Aquatarkus wrote: »
    Agreed...I find the moonpool feet very inconvenient. (and not needed)

the vertical shaft ladder is teleporting in zero time right now, even for distances like 200m.

Now just to remove a few sections so you can stop every so often to be able to see what might be out side (add on 4 windows and 4 reinforcements to make it stronger and let you see out
    I have a few ideas for the Cyclops. If you devs don't mind reading a small wall of text send me a pm as it could give one of your guys something to do for a while (like when you were doing the Sea Moth upgrade).

Also on the alteration note I was thinking that if you expand the moon pool by 50% it would let you dock 2 Sea Moths instead of 1 (have the mounting point set in the center on 1 side with a walkway in the center between the 2 docking points so the Sea Moths face the center). Then you can up the Sea Moth's upgrade slots to 6 and have 3 on each side.

By keeping the current moon pool you can use it to dock a "Sea Ray" (so your time was not wasted).

My idea for the Sea Ray is that it is just a slightly longer Sea Moth (add 50% to the total length). The biggest differences would be that it would have 2 power cells (instead of 1), 8 upgrade slots (instead of the proposed 6 for the Moth), safe depth of 150, crush depth of 250, be 25% faster than the moth without using more power, have the compass and perimeter defense built in (not using slots), and is about 20% stronger than the Moth.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited September 2015
    Or have the ability to build a glass elevator that allows you to watch all around you as you ascend/descend.

Myrm wrote: »
    Or have the ability to build a glass elevator that allows you to watch all around you as you ascend/descend.

The vertical tube a little thicker, attachable to round rooms and in 2 versions: normal and glass

The lift as a component like the ladder to integrate into vertical tubes.

Generally glass structures are more beautiful, but for the price of instability. Unless the devs would allow enameled glass tubes, for the price of lots of tooth to hunt for.
    We need a glass T, a glass dome for the roof and floors of the rooms, the ability to mount the hatch to the 5 spots in the roof and floors of the rooms, the ability to rotate the ladder, the vertical tube to let water flow through them when our base floods (this could be done if they are larger round) a ladder to mount on the outside of our bases (for if the game glitches and we end up walking around on the ocean floor or so if we build above the water we can climb up to a platform from the water), the spotlight your working on for the darker areas, the bioreactor able to be mounted inside instead of outside (this would both give us another thing to put inside our bases and to let us mount it inside the Cyclops so we can power it and recharge it until you get the solar upgrades or a docking system made), the accumulators usable so they don't just store power on there own but instead make it so we can pull out and save the dead power cells so we can put 6 of them into each accumulator to recharge them or to power the base/Cyclops, have some sort of power receiver/generator that will let us recharge the Cyclops, another 4 upgrade slots on the other side of the engine in the Cyclops, alter the Sea Moth so it has 6 upgrade slots so there are 3 on each side and the 4th spot is a button to let us turn off the lights or main power to the Sea Moth (turning off the transmitter as well).
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Docking point for cyclops
    I saw this and thought I would share it with the rest of the forum users.

https://trello.com/c/Kbba2Feu/5009-h2-0-poster
  • mariotusekmariotusek rotterdam Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204939Members
    edited October 2015
  • monai137monai137 france Join Date: 2015-11-03 Member: 208929Members
    edited November 2015
    sharvy wrote: »
    The checkin list doesn't let me scroll to the side to see the whole thing on my 5c. How can I see all they have checked in?
    A great wondering...but not simple etuicoquesamsung.com coque sony xperia z5

• SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    Posted a discussion on Vehicle Gameplay, lights.

Need to be able to toggle lights and speed for vehicles.
    Same with bases, toggle light, power gone = no light
  • CKBKufyTCKBKufyT london Join Date: 2015-11-13 Member: 209195Members
    edited November 2015
    there is always quality www.ourcase.co.uk work being done, not rush jobs just to meet deadlines, and every patch is a www.casesam.co.uk surprise when it comes out.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    Personally I'm not sure why this thread was not locked from the start. This should be a thread for Developers to post "Development Updates". Instead it is everything else, resulting in no real reason to look at it.

I mean the ideas and comments are great, but there are already places for those, and this thread isn't it.
  • Th3Gam1ngWiz4rdTh3Gam1ngWiz4rd 4546B Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209300Members
    OH MY GOD I THINK I FOUND AN EASTER EGG OR SOMETHING, IT'S CALLED "THE SIGNAL" I found it in a
    Chest-like container called the "Supply crate" It keeps spawning things like terraformers and seaglides. I Found the thing while getting REALLY close to the ship (I turned off radiation) and FOUND IT. NOT To mention, The island looks like it had a building on it, but was weathered away by water. It is really cool

Yeah, unless someone's already said this, those are indeed uncommon, and are important, they're not really an easteregg though. You could use it to find interesting locations,
    Like the ones listed here:
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Signal
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    Hi subnauticans

I have 2 little questions

I often have little updates (25 mo / 1.5mo) on steam

- Could we know what it is ? What is it used for? :)
    -And we need to start a game to enjoy these updates ? or the current game is automatically update ?

Thx devs .. thx subnauticans
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Bullvayne wrote: »
    Hi subnauticans

I have 2 little questions

I often have little updates (25 mo / 1.5mo) on steam

- Could we know what it is ? What is it used for? :)
    -And we need to start a game to enjoy these updates ? or the current game is automatically update ?

Thx devs .. thx subnauticans

If you do need to start a new game to enjoy any of the updates you'll get a warning to that effect when you go to load a game. From my experience, the little updates do not require a new game, but the larger ones do.