Propaganda!

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
Propaganda.

So latley i've tried to make more and more people join natural selection 2.
Im teling almost evryone i know i've even got my tennis trainer to take a look in it. Yeah im kinda trying to make evryone play it, this game got soooooooooooo much potential and im basicly trying to get more popular then it allready is. So to evryone out there reading this, Tell you're friends tell you're family tell evryone you know tell them how good this game is!
I they won't play this game MAKE THEM if they won't love this game MAKE THEM! Make this a strong and relyable feature for NATURAL SELECTION!!!!!

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Heh... I've purchased and gifted ns2 for several co-workers and a few friends over the years... Nobody's played more than 4 hours, most havent even broken 2 :/ Tough since it's a game for (mostly) intelligent and devoted fps lovers looking for a challenge... and I guess there aren't as many of us out there these days.

I commend you good sir, let's hope we can retain them. I also should try again to bring some peeps back more often.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    I aggre it's actully pretty hard to get in to this game. You get so bullied by the khara's and the marines in the beggining... You just don't have te skills but when you pass that border you like it more and more and more!! I've just played 100 hours but as i get better the more and more fun it get's!
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    edited October 2015
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    2cough wrote: »
    Heh... I've purchased and gifted ns2 for several co-workers and a few friends over the years... Nobody's played more than 4 hours, most havent even broken 2 :/ Tough since it's a game for (mostly) intelligent and devoted fps lovers looking for a challenge... and I guess there aren't as many of us out there these days.

I commend you good sir, let's hope we can retain them. I also should try again to bring some peeps back more often.

I gifted a copy to a guy, and they played it for literally 0.3 hours (according to steam). Bastards... like, if you're getting something for free that someone else paid for, give it a chance!!! It's as if they threw it in the garbage right in front of me. I mean... if they'd given it at least 10 hours, and still didn't like it, that's fine by me, but 20 minutes??

*snip
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    So have your friends looked at you like your weird for enjoying a game so much? I am now at the point where my friends are getting curious about ns2 because they realize I still play it almost nightly.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    To me ns2 has the best value of all the games I've purchased, I've put in nearly 2000 hours because this game is that good! All it takes is peservance and once you cross that learning barrier and hostile douchebags that try to spoil the game for you, the amount of fun you can have is endless!
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited October 2015
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    To me ns2 has the best value of all the games I've purchased, I've put in nearly 2000 hours because this game is that good! All it takes is peservance and once you cross that learning barrier and hostile douchebags that try to spoil the game for you, the amount of fun you can have is endless!

Probably still has a ways to go before it can top Starcraft Brood War for me, since I'm pretty sure I put thousands of hours into UMS games, but that's DEAD and this isn't.

Anyway, if the game were ever on humble-bundle sale again (or equivalent) I'd love to be able to buy enough copies to hand out and drum up some attention with. It would be especially interesting to try to set up a total newbie tournament; that is, find a large enough group of people who would be willing to try the game for free (maybe even dangle some real prizes out there, but beware of smurfs), pass out copies, teach them the ropes, and then pit them against each other, all in a way to try and get new people involved in the game without having to subject them to pub stompers and stacks straight off the bat. Of course there's no way I could actually set anything that big up, but the first part is easy enough.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited October 2015
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Got your all beat, gotta have at least 2k hours in w:et and that one was free as free can be. Value for money doesn't get better than infinity
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
    edited October 2015
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2015
    Okay i hate to step in right now.

We are rather tolerate in this forum but this forum is owned and run by a video game development company.

So any talk about software piracy is not wanted here.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So any talk about *snip is not wanted here.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Need tower the entry barrier for the developers.