Cyclops keeps trying to rise and wont stay at depth when left alone.

qakeithqakeith Maine Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208200Members
My Cyclops will not stay submerged by itself. I have to keep hitting the "C" key while travelling along to keep it a certain depth. She keeps trying to surface. If I leave the command post, it will slowly rise back up to the surface. Is this normal? Also she sinks in the rear end and doesn't stay level until it gets back to the surface.

Comments

• FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited October 2015
    I think its a bug caused by having a seamoth onboard. Also your cyclops can only dive as deep as the seamoth docked within allows (personally i think this is a mistake... if the pressure is that severe then the cyclops should just prevent you from releasing the seamoth).
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Sounds like a floater may be attached
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Sounds like a floater may be attached

This. Sounds like you picked up a Floater or two.
  • qakeithqakeith Maine Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208200Members
    There are no floaters as I've left the sub and swam all around it. I just don't understand why it wants to stand on it's tail. I will try leaving the Seamoth out of her and see what she does.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Only answer I can offer then is try spawning in another one with the console
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    I don't know if this is related but if your in a cyclops and your inventory can only hold X items and you try to spawn X+Y, given that Y > 0, items that your extra items get stuck in the ship which prevents you from moving, except for a little turning.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    Sometimes things get stuck in weird areas. Try using a repulsion cannon on the rear prop, and the two little dongles on the bottom to see if there's a floater lodged in it. Also check inside or just use freecam to see if there's a floater stuck in something.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Can you go anywhere you want with your Cyclops (well, except for it trying to surface?) I once had an issue where it was caged in floating above the Mushroom Forest in a cube roughly 100m size. I couldn't leave but there wasn't anything I might have run into.

The solution was an "ENTRESET" in the debug console. Maybe it can help you, too.
  • ShutEye_DKShutEye_DK DK Join Date: 2015-08-20 Member: 207329Members
    <cut>. Also your cyclops can only dive as deep as the seamoth docked within allows (personally i think this is a mistake... if the pressure is that severe then the cyclops should just prevent you from releasing the seamoth).

Not true. I know you get the warnings about depth, but the Seamoth doesn't take any damage.
    IIRC this has been fixed in the experimental branch.
  • qakeithqakeith Maine Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208200Members
    As soon as I leave the driving console area, the Cyclops will immediately sink in the rear and rise to the surface. I got tired of fooling around and leaving it at the surface so I just started a new game and spawned a new cyclops. It works FINE. Must be a glitch in the original saved game?
  • HighPriestHighPriest Romania Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210716Members
    Same problem here. I've just build the Cyclops, board it, I've lowered it to my base an after I left it, it went up to the surface. Does not matter if Seamoth is attached or not. I've looked for 20 minutes for any floaters, did not find any. No solution yet!
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    edited January 2016
    qakeith wrote: »
    My Cyclops will not stay submerged by itself. I have to keep hitting the "C" key while travelling along to keep it a certain depth. She keeps trying to surface. If I leave the command post, it will slowly rise back up to the surface. Is this normal? Also she sinks in the rear end and doesn't stay level until it gets back to the surface.

Hehe, I know this well. You might just jump out and inspect cyclops. I bet you've got some floaters sticking at the outer shell.

Edit: Ups ... didn't see all the answers before. A forum bug?!?

• Obnoxious_GamerObnoxious_Gamer Cyclops Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210938Members
    edited January 2016
    lxh wrote: »
    qakeith wrote: »

Hehe, I know this well. You might just jump out and inspect cyclops. I bet you've got some floaters sticking at the outer shell.

Edit: Ups ... didn't see all the answers before. A forum bug?!?

I finally found mine, by jumping out and looking in... It's in the top of the submersible bay. HALP.

Edit: I managed to spam-repulse it through the side of the sub. During this time, I managed to get the entire front half out of the water.
  • Mr_Rieper7Mr_Rieper7 South Africa Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209299Members
    I was puttering around and a couple floating rocks spawned in front of my Cyclops, I rammed them ( I was going top speed and the appeared right in front and above).
    I stopped to see what the hell and the rocks de-spawned causing the floaters to well.. float. A few stuck to the ship.

I cleared the surface ones and my Cyclops still floated. After a while searching I found one inside one of the "wings".
    It was hell getting it out, having to move back and forward to clip through the hull to see and try to grab it blind from every other angle...
  • DVDFMerlinDVDFMerlin Ireland Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214054Members
    My cyclops was doing the same struggling to maintain depth always shooting to the surface. Took a look outside and near the center top sensor array, lo and behold 3 floaters were attached. Don't know why I didn't see then before anyway removed them and now sub functions normally.
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Do you guys have any lockers or anythign else built in your cyclops?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited March 2016
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    Do you guys have any lockers or anythign else built in your cyclops?

Tons. That's the only real reason to even HAVE the cyclops right now - it lets you move a ridiculous amount of raw material from point to point. Was more useful when you could solar-power it, but still beats making loooooong runs back to the surface to get more titanium.

Otherwise, the seamoth is faster, and has a deeper (slightly) dive limit, and uses waaaaay less power.