Subnautica Public Chat Room! Come join the Playtesters, Devs & Fans!

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
edited October 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hi all!

We've created a new chatroom so we can all talk together in real-time. All the info is now in this thread:

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/139138/new-subnautica-chatroom

Thanks everyone for being so vocal and supportive of Subnautica! We really do appreciate all the tweets, posts and videos made of our game. You guys help us make Subnautica better. We can't wait to see you! :)

-Obraxis
Subnautica Animator

Comments

• IrishninjahIrishninjah Broomfield Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203031Members
    Is this still a thing? I would totally love to participate.!
  • C04LC04L UK Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203217Members
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey guys, come join us for today's PUBLIC playtest! SLIGHT CHANGE TO TIMES:

13:00 PM PDT(West Coast USA) / 16:00 PM EDT (East Coast USA) / 21:00 PM GMT(UK) / 22:00 PM CET(Europe)

Same details as is on the first post. See you all there!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Please also note the change of TS3 server. Thanks!
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    damn wont work on my time :P
  • AklidienAklidien California, USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203117Members
    I am curious, what are the playtests like? Does each participant get allotted a section of the game to test, and they report any bugs found? Is there anything special about the playtests vs reporting bugs from Steam's experimental build?

I envision them as an accelerated form of bug testing, since the testers are able to talk to the devs in real-time.
    Aklidien wrote: »
    I am curious, what are the playtests like? Does each participant get allotted a section of the game to test, and they report any bugs found? Is there anything special about the playtests vs reporting bugs from Steam's experimental build?

I envision them as an accelerated form of bug testing, since the testers are able to talk to the devs in real-time.

We all play the game together, and if there are issues to test, we all have a go at reproducing them. Sometimes, people are assigned to try and test some items.

All using the public experimental beta build :)
    Also, Public PT in 35 mins from this post!
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Today is that day! Come join! see first post for information!
    Public PT going on right now!
  • Kuzzo123Kuzzo123 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-06-01 Member: 205147Members
    Can't even launch the game......stuck in loading screen lol
  • BayouMacBayouMac USA Join Date: 2015-09-01 Member: 207643Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Is this still being done?
    BayouMac wrote: »

Yes, but Times have moved 1 hour ahead
  • BayouMacBayouMac USA Join Date: 2015-09-01 Member: 207643Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Obraxis wrote: »

Just to be certain, does that mean the session is already over, or it starts at 4PM CDT?
    Obraxis wrote: »

Just to be certain, does that mean the session is already over, or it starts at 4PM CDT?

14:00 PM PDT(West Coast USA) / 17:00 PM EDT (East Coast USA) / 22:00 PM GMT(UK) / 23:00 PM CET(Europe)
  • CESMOtaconCESMOtacon USA Join Date: 2015-09-15 Member: 207971Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I'm hoping to attend. On EST. Should be able to get on in time. Do you guys have many Oculus Rift DK2 users in the testing pool?
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2015
    CESMOtacon wrote: »
    I'm hoping to attend. On EST. Should be able to get on in time. Do you guys have many Oculus Rift DK2 users in the testing pool?

We have a few but VR isn't a huge priority atm as long as it works in general, but always always good to test with VRs :)

Starts in 18 mins btw as of edit time below
  • CESMOtaconCESMOtacon USA Join Date: 2015-09-15 Member: 207971Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I really appreciate the opportunity to assist with the development of this game. Subnautica has quickly become one of my favorite alphas. You guys are doing a tremendous job. Cory, you're an artistic genius.
    Is this happening this week?
    CESMOtacon wrote: »
    Is this happening this week?

Yup - we start in 15 mins from this post :smile:
  • GrimgarGrimgar USA Join Date: 2016-07-13 Member: 220204Members
    Wicked ! love this game , ill have to check this out! =P
  • StrongWolf85StrongWolf85 Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225210Members
    I love this game but today i discovered (at least for myself) a bug i think is related to the precursor update when I tried streaming it. here is the link to the stream https://www.twitch.tv/strongwolf85/v/108538597
    Basically nothing or almost nothing was spawning. Everything from geological outcrops, to prey fish, to predators.
  • HomeSlicerPandaHomeSlicerPanda Virginia Beach Join Date: 2017-01-17 Member: 226881Members
    For some reason, whenever I open my save and try to open any menu it will stay on that and I can't select anything or close the menu. I have tried restarting the game, my computer, and I've even uninstalled the game but still I keep encountering this same problem. Please help
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    For some reason, whenever I open my save and try to open any menu it will stay on that and I can't select anything or close the menu. I have tried restarting the game, my computer, and I've even uninstalled the game but still I keep encountering this same problem. Please help

You should make a topic in the main bug reporting thread, or join the Subnautica Discord chat room and ask there.
  • nehunter54nehunter54 USA Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226908Members
    Not sure if this is a well known issue that hasn't been fixed yet and/or if this is the place to leave this comment. But resources and wildlife all dissapearing after 10 minutes into the game every time I load is killer. I've seen the same issue on the web from months ago but I'd think a gamebreaker would've been fixed by now. Any advice for a deep sea survival amateur?
  • patrickg1964patrickg1964 USA Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225725Members
    why does the game program have subnautica32 when I have 64 bit. i can't get my game to play. locks up every time and is now unplayable. as far as help. nothing. I relay don't want to reload this for the 7 time and start all over. i also don't want to delete files and have black spots in the game. It is not what I paid for. i paid for a playable game not one that stops after so long. i can see the things not working like when you make a heath pack on the wall and it doesn't finish and you can't get ride of. that is a glitch. but not being able to play the game is a total different thing. why don't the developers fix it. if you can't play whats the point and don't ask for your money back. after 2 hours they tell you it is nonrefundable. player that is pissed and gets no help from the developers.
  • ThegamingbozoThegamingbozo Gibsonia,PA Join Date: 2017-02-22 Member: 228145Members
    Here are 2 bugs that are annoying and their are ways to fix rhem , I just want the devs to know about them. The first one, if you use the repair tool and enter your seamoth or any other vehicle. It will keep the effects and sound going. To fix this just get outside your vehicle and pull out the tool again. The second one, I don't know how this happens but sometimes your PDA wont show in the cyclops. What I mean is you can open it but you can't see what's in it, you can hover over items and see the names, its wierd to explain. Also if you go to were u pilot, and can see out through the glass, you can see your PDA it just looks like you have gigantic hands. Now while it is funny, it is also annoying To fix it just relog and it should be fixed.
  • ThegamingbozoThegamingbozo Gibsonia,PA Join Date: 2017-02-22 Member: 228145Members
    Here are 2 bugs that are annoying and their are ways to fix rhem , I just want the devs to know about them. The first one, if you use the repair tool and enter your seamoth or any other vehicle. It will keep the effects and sound going. To fix this just get outside your vehicle and pull out the tool again. The second one, I don't know how this happens but sometimes your PDA wont show in the cyclops. What I mean is you can open it but you can't see what's in it, you can hover over items and see the names, its wierd to explain. Also if you go to were u pilot, and can see out through the glass, you can see your PDA it just looks like you have gigantic hands. Now while it is funny, it is also annoying To fix it just relog and it should be fixed.
    Sry didn't mean to send it twice
    Devs I just wanted to say good game. It is like drugs to me, I am addicted to it. 33 hours in like 4 or 5 days. Keep up the good work. Subnautica has become my fav game if all time.
This discussion has been closed.