what would you like to see in the next update?

tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
edited September 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions

Comments

• tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    *WARNING THIS POLL CONTAINS JOKE OPTIONS. CONTROL YOUR BUTT HURT LEVELS*
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    The smother was a close second. And on a side note wow 50/50 on the voting, this could go either way keep in your seets gents.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited September 2015
    Lol, just caz.

But seriously, I don't need weapons. I just want to be able to kill/seriously injure/scare away reapers (or other tenacious creatures) by launching Gasopod secretions at them. Perhaps the large creatures just get scared away, but small stuff kicks the bucket.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    I would totally love a shark type monster that shoots things at you.
    Be it lasers, poison fart clouds, or Spike Plant spikes.

Right now we have the tactical advantage with Torpedoes and Stasis Rifles.

Give the Sharks some form of projectile attack and suddenly no more mister nice fish.
  • Agent-48Agent-48 Ostrava City, Czech Republic, EU Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207681Members
    edited September 2015
    I was about to vote for WEAPONS (geez, stfu pacifists, what am I supposed to use if not my phased plasma magnetic pulse harpoon, harsh language?), but... BUT... hangar bay for a Cyclops and more complex bases (with labs, med-bay and so on) would be nice too. --- Heck, even more complex Aurora wreck would be cool. B)

EDIT: What would also be nice, if we could somehow create a map (not a GPS style map with "you're here" marker, just a simple map), and place labels on it with geographic names like: "Vera's Platteau" or: "Tesla's arc" etc. THAT WOULD BE REALLY NICE.
  • 7R1P0D7R1P0D Canada Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207170Members
    edited September 2015
    Actually the things I want most are:

- more man sized fish (both predatory and non-predatory) instead of just stalkers, with some of them being ambush predators

- the biomes other than the kelp forests and safe shallows being populated more realistically. It's weird how the grassy plateaus have all of these large predators, yet absolutely no food (or any reason to go there other than sandstone and some part fragments) and the grand/sparse reef are just filled with fish but have very little plant life or predators

- fish slowly respawning, can even make it so that if two fish of the same species "attack" each other *winkwinknudgenudge*, like a stalker grabbing metal, they drop an egg instead of a stalker tooth, and you can either harvest the egg for ingredients or leave it alone and it hatches into another animal, so I can stop starving to death in an empty ocean that one man apparently managed to devour in the realistic modes

- an objective where you have to build a suitable colony for people to come in and inhabit, including water purifiers, fish/kelp farms, beds, storage space, power sources, happiness (based on number of windows in base and the number of nearby biomes), and a landing pad, which all require resources from all of the different biomes as well as clearing out the radiation on the Aurora (this might require non-biological resources to respawn over time, but at a really slow rate like every 12-24 real life hours spent in game instead of the faster respawn rate of fish)

-The seamoth always spawning you on top of it facing forwards when you get out, instead of in some random direction and location that gets you run over by it half of the time and facing completely backwards to the thing you were trying to pick up while some bone shark is coming for you the other half of the time. Being able to see your inventory while in the seamoth, along with a robotic arms upgrade that lets you harvest things without getting out at the cost of battery power would also be great

edit: also a map that updates and shows you biomes as you explore, charting everything within a 50 meter radius as you travel.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I want a global current map with currents changing dynamically over time. And roaming predators in dangerous biomes that cross through other biomes except the safe shallows.
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    I want octopus type fauna.

"We would be warm below the storm
    In our little hideaway beneath the waves
    Resting our head on the sea bed
    In an octopus's garden near a cave"

<3 Octopus !
  • djambatutudjambatutu cape verde Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207788Members
    now that u r almost done with the seamoth give the cyclops some love
    aside from the hangar give it a recharge module of some kind, i would say give it the solar charge module, bioreactor charge module and thermal charge module with a twist, they have to be activated or deployed to work... so no zipping about when you charge... these days i only build it for the aurora mission to fend of those pesky reapers the rest is done with moonpool remote bases
  • harrierharrier UK Join Date: 2015-09-06 Member: 207767Members
    Using existing flora and fauna to make hostile creature repellents is an excellent idea. It is definitely more in keeping with the game than adding quantum infinity death launchers. Being able to deploy a boulder from the terraformer which then sinks and crushes a large hostile is preferable to me than sophisticated technological weaponry. Nothing more advanced than a harpoon gun, which frankly is a must if you are diving in unknown or dangerous alien waters.
  • TheGuru143TheGuru143 U.S. Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207801Members
    I chose the "specific loot" option because as fun as this game is to play, you eventually run out of things to do other than build. Having new items / technology to find and create, find uses for, and perfect will add so much more to the game than, "oh look, it's another creature to attack me and prevent me from gathering".
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Ecosystem-mechanics that also respond to player/creature actions. The possibility for the player to affect the populations of different creatures (in other ways than killing them to extinction). The possibility for creatures to breed.

I suppose that's quite a big task, but it has to be done at some point. Otherwise the world will just get emptier.
  • zakhm123zakhm123 England Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207386Members
    Because IGN is our overlord
    Another thing that comes to my mind is getting a cyclops navigation that allows us to actually have fun diving with the cyclops. Right now the cyclops is the sitting duck of Subnautica. We just have luck that Sea Emperors or Leviathans aren't in the game that can hunt and destroy the cyclops. It's too lame to maneuver against living targets.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    zetachron wrote: »
    Another thing that comes to my mind is getting a cyclops navigation that allows us to actually have fun diving with the cyclops. Right now the cyclops is the sitting duck of Subnautica. We just have luck that Sea Emperors or Leviathans aren't in the game that can hunt and destroy the cyclops. It's too lame to maneuver against living targets.

Autopilot would help a ton. Then you could do stuff inside while its traveling there, or go explore with the seamoth and meet up with it later. I hope they add more "portholes" you can mount so there's more viewing space on other parts of the sub like where the lockers are currently.
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Autopilot would help a ton. Then you could do stuff inside while its traveling there, or go explore with the seamoth and meet up with it later. I hope they add more "portholes" you can mount so there's more viewing space on other parts of the sub like where the lockers are currently.

Autopilot is a good thing. But it doesn't replace a good manual submarine control/navigation, which it doesn't have right now. A long range sonar is a must too. Driving speed is much too slow. Better allow it acceleration and ramming into the rocks than only having slow speed for safety. No one said that driving the cyclops should be without risk.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Reefseeker wrote: »
    Ecosystem-mechanics that also respond to player/creature actions. The possibility for the player to affect the populations of different creatures (in other ways than killing them to extinction). The possibility for creatures to breed.

I suppose that's quite a big task, but it has to be done at some point. Otherwise the world will just get emptier.

Creatures already breed. You can find tiny babby versions of Spadefish in the Sparse Reef, and small Stalkers in the Kelp Forest.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Reefseeker wrote: »

Creatures already breed. You can find tiny babby versions of Spadefish in the Sparse Reef, and small Stalkers in the Kelp Forest.

I know, but are you sure the creatures actually breed in-game, or is there merely a certain amount of babyfishies in the beginning of the game?
  • TheF0CTORTheF0CTOR A Galaxy Far Far Away Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206945Members
  • jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    I'd like to see more items in the game that will give it more "shelf life." In other words, more decorations and devices related to the sea bases. I'd especially like to see the crabsnake in the next update, considering they've implemented the jelly mushroom caves. Better still, they could give the giant floater island plants a purpose and even implement some "land" animals (considering I always hear creatures in the music when I'm on it).
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    I want a global current map with currents changing dynamically over time. And roaming predators in dangerous biomes that cross through other biomes except the safe shallows.

Also herbivoric leviathans. Imagine the reaper leviathan crossing into, say, the grassy plains to hunt, and it's deterred by another creature living there.
  • Andrey09643Andrey09643 Russia Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207794Members
    I want large moonpool for cyclop :'(
  • BlackxRoseBlackxRose Houston Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207827Members
    edited September 2015
    what if I want more than one of these options ;-;
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I am writing in my vote since its not on the list.
    Make each biome 5x larger. This in turn will make the map that much bigger and by having the Aurora at the edge of the Safe Shallows (in so it is cradled in a Kelp Forest ravine). This will also move the Reapers further away so there is less chance of you getting eaten by one (move it out past the Koosh zone into the north most area (make a new biome that they stay in). Also while adjusting the biomes by increasing their size take the spawn area and bring it above water and have it so the eastern most edge where it meets the water is the edge of the radiation zone. This will also make it so the before the Aurora explodes the entire island is green then after it explodes all of the living stuff on the east facing side is killed and burnt (cooked). Then in the area protected by the peninsula (north east corner of the island) is where you spawn at in the water so your pod is washed up on the beach (sandy beaches all the way around so they go down at a steady slope until they reach 10m deep at 20m from shore then they have a drop of 5-20m depending on the terrain. the island (current spawn area of the safe shallows) would be 5x the size it is now when looking at it from above for a reference, but keep the overall depth of the rest of the map just increase the size of each biome by at least 5x and add more thermal vents (could use 1 in the small inactive lava area near the mushroom forest to the far west, and another at the east edge of the western most safe shallows.
    The Reapers are meant to guard the Aurora.
    They're not there because it's their biome.
    That's the challenge.

And there's no point to spawning on an island since it'd just limit the area where you can get resources, since everything you need is under water.

I'm all for vastly increasing the size of each biome, though that would require them to completely rebuild the entire map.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I like the way the existing biome maps changed slightly with the last update, so it's almost like exploring a new map. :smile:
    if you look at the map of the world the north west corner of the spawn area (what I suggest as the island) would have a protected water area where there would be a sand bar peninsula going around the north side and the island around the east and south sides. This would be the new spawn area so you are still in the water but you have a bunch of low level land to search (placing a lot more of the supplies to get started here like clean water). This would also allow for a couple of land predators and eatable creatures. It would even give you a place to set up your solar panels for your under water base (logic kind of thing). If I was the pilot of a ship like the Aurora I would try to "crash" near a land mass if possible to try to help any possible survivors.
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    paradine wrote: »
    I am writing in my vote since its not on the list.
    Make each biome 5x larger. This in turn will make the map that much bigger and by having the Aurora at the edge of the Safe Shallows (in so it is cradled in a Kelp Forest ravine). This will also move the Reapers further away so there is less chance of you getting eaten by one (move it out past the Koosh zone into the north most area (make a new biome that they stay in). Also while adjusting the biomes by increasing their size take the spawn area and bring it above water and have it so the eastern most edge where it meets the water is the edge of the radiation zone. This will also make it so the before the Aurora explodes the entire island is green then after it explodes all of the living stuff on the east facing side is killed and burnt (cooked). Then in the area protected by the peninsula (north east corner of the island) is where you spawn at in the water so your pod is washed up on the beach (sandy beaches all the way around so they go down at a steady slope until they reach 10m deep at 20m from shore then they have a drop of 5-20m depending on the terrain. the island (current spawn area of the safe shallows) would be 5x the size it is now when looking at it from above for a reference, but keep the overall depth of the rest of the map just increase the size of each biome by at least 5x and add more thermal vents (could use 1 in the small inactive lava area near the mushroom forest to the far west, and another at the east edge of the western most safe shallows.

This please. Also fill them up with random phenomena like schools of plankton or whatever so that there at least is something to fill up the empty space.
    As an addition to my idea of expanding the biomes. To do this with a bit less on the programming side they could just use the multiplier function of most 3D modeling programs to increase the size of the map by a multiple of 5-7. This would let them adjust it to keep it under water mostly but it would end up with a few parts above water. This in turn will make exploring more interesting since we would have several tiny (10-15m max) islands to check out. This would mean that the Cyclops would have to stay out of the center for the most part (unless you can find a route). By doing this it will even go as far as to make some areas too deep for even the Cyclops to go. It will also make the entire the entire map (from a sky view) up to 10x bigger and at the same time it would give us so much more to find and do.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I can't help but notice the lack of vehicles anywhere on this list... so, I'll go with the next best thing. I, for one, am getting tired of having my head turned into jelly.