NS2_Nexus Feedback Thread! (Formerly Nyx, Updated weekly!)

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Nyx underwent a name change recently for a number of reasons. The map is essentially done layoutwise, meaning that we wanted to give people a more memorable name based on the features in the map. Nyx, now Nexus, is a shipping facility located in the heart of the jungle. In addition some rooms have been tweaked, including the names of rooms to help signify this change.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited February 2015
    the map doesnt work now you changed its name, should really create a new workshop mod for it. Unless you already know how to get it working but currently doesnt work
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The server mod, id, and hex have been updated in the main post.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    is there a recording of a recent test on this map?
    Unsure. I'll record the next pick up on it.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Zavaro wrote: »
    Nyx, now Nexus, is a shipping facility located in the heart of the jungle.

A certain AMAZON jungle? :D
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The most recent update contains a flickering star shader that I made for Eon
    Nexus is now being played in the current ENSL season! Woo! I'm so excited.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited March 2015
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    The most recent update contains a flickering star shader that I made for Eon
    Nerd.

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Played it recently.

Too big for a 4TPs map.

I've seen many places in need of polishing. Basically doorways props not aligned with walls or ceiling. So it's like there's a hole. Many things like that. LOS and open rooms not really alien friendly.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited March 2015
    the bottom right room i forget the name, but im sure you know which im referring is way to op for aliens, a couple of skulks in there can prevent marines ever advancing any further
    mainly down to the vents the conveyors go through
    Map has been updated with occlusion which was missing from Inspection as well as a modified RT placement for Bridge in anticipation of the next week of NSL. Check it out!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    So I've been thinking about this map for the whole last season and observed how it played out. It played out better than I expected tbh but I still think this map is far away from being really good.

The reason for that is that the north side is far stronger than the south side and therefor each teacm will have to focus on this one leading to more stale and predictable gameplay than veil has.
    Marines will always try to go for staging because they can easily block the whole north side from there. Have staging and 1 guy blocking the right side of inspection and you have guaranteed 4 RTs and that is not including south basin and taring which are both at your doorstep aswell.

Now if we have the PG triangle in staging and inspection build 1 or 2 arcs and send them to emerge (which is not too hard to reinforce from inspection). you can kill both resonance and hive RT from there to kill alien economy

The only way for aliens to deny that is either getting a gorge tunnel into bridge area or getting an early second hive north... or both. If aliens can hold that then marines will have a hard time here.

80% of all games that happened on nexus that I have seen went that way.

Though I wouldn't post here without giving any solutions aswell:
    91cb1d20e1.jpg
    teal = marine spawn
    orange = alien spawn
    green = RT location

Ofcourse this is not 100% accurate but basically we switched positions of marine spawn and north basin, changes how south basin connects to the map a bit, changed the marine spawn (can't remember all room names) so it connects to bridge, rotated relay (or whatever south TP is called) and moved some RTs (not that the resonance RT would not be on that hill anymore but infront of it to move it out of emerge arc range)

With moving marine spawn further north and having an RT in emerge we depowered the north side so that for East-West spawn the attention wouldn't be completely on north. And also we changed the map in a way that a North-South spawn is possible
  • malxmalx Join Date: 2014-12-02 Member: 199917Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Please note the significant map updates:

-Relocated South Basin RT to Processing
    -Relocated Resonance RT to Overture

-Geometric changes to Resonance, Processing, Reach/Bridge, and Taring
    -Changed Emerge vent to a doorway connecting to Green Path hive entrance
    -Minor visual changes

-Added marine skill jumps to Processing
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I'll make sure SCC gets a round or two on this sunday and make sure we get some video of the rounds.
    Thanks! I was just about to message you about this.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just took a look at the map after the new update. And it looks good. Really like the new look of Taring and Processing.
    Not sure what I think about the new Resonance. But at least you added the cliffs you can jump on.

If you would please fix the vent between Emerge and Resonance. So that a fade can fit inside it without getting stuck. Especially from Emerge side.
  • malxmalx Join Date: 2014-12-02 Member: 199917Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    edited October 2016
  • satyradesatyrade manama Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207428Members
    I don't know whyyyyyyy but I just don't like itttttttttttttt...................
    2 things I noticed yesterday while playtesting it:

If marines are at the overture RT it is really hard to get them out. You have to go through a chokepoint and the only effective way to flank them is through taring, processing and relay.
    I'd say put another vent from resonance to overture that allows aliens to attack marines from behind
    578f493247.jpg
    this is usually where the marine will stand in order to keep overture and block the southern lane that way

1bc23c9e84.jpg
    I'd suggest a vent like that

The second thing is that (as many people probably noticed) the whole map is flooded with a dark blue light. I figured out if you have multiple colour themes on a map it is way more easy to know where you are without looking at the map (landmarks do this aswell). Just as suggestion how about you keep the cave like areas in the light it is atm and the marine build areas in a light blue like... for example locker rooms on docking. Tbh I think up to 4 colour themes are possible on your map, which would be spread like this:
    088ad14288.jpg
    ofcourse the colour suggestions here are more or less randomly chosen... in that case pick one that you think it would fit
    edited October 2016
    The RT in Overture has been relocated to another position in Resonance
    qu60u78f4c0g.jpg

Added spoiler ~Ghoul
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Make sure you have something under there, like a pipe. That rez gas ain't comin' from nowheres!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Make sure you have something under there, like a pipe. That rez gas ain't comin' from nowheres!

They buried the pipe when they... poured the rock?
    mattji104 wrote: »
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

They buried the pipe when they... poured the rock?

No... they drilled and put a pipe in later. Ever wonder how they get oil out of the ground? :/
    in the res note is a PG for resources :P
    edited October 2016
    damn put those pictures in spoilers^^
    Nice job, Mal. Looking better than ever. Reminds me of Unreal maps.