Creature Controller

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
So, I saw a couple ideas for something like a "Drone" that players would control remotely.
Didn't really favor the idea.

But then I thought, what if, instead of a robot, we could control a Peeper, or a Stalker even, to go out and scout things?

Could be you fabricate a collar or tag or a chip or something to attach to the creature, then use an interface similar to the PDA to control its movements. Or just shoot it with a Mind Control ray or whatever.

Different creatures would have different abilities, like Peepers would be able to 'dash' short distances to escape predators or Crashes, while Stalkers can bite other creatures and pick up scrap metal among other things.

While controlling the creature, the player's oxygen, food/water, and health would still go down if they were in the water. The remote could be used anywhere, of course, even inside a Seabase, while the critter stays outside.

When not being controlled, the creature would behave like normal, though if your Peeper gets eaten, you'd have to make another chip or whatever.

The Creature HUD would show remaining life, as well as stamina, which is used with using special abilities.

This could add another use for DNA infusion, as well, since 'upgraded' creatures would have superior abilities.

Comments