We need a new kind of glass that only costs 1 quartz

2»

Comments

• Tim_StahelTim_Stahel Sweden Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203942Members
    Isn't glass made from sand? There's sand everywhere, why should we use quartz at all?
    Simply make sand collectable and 1 "sand" = 1 glass at the fabricator and that's it.
    Apologies if this has been discussed before.
    If glass is ever made out of sand again it should be more than one sand per glass, a fist of sand isn't going to make a window, or even a glass marble.

• Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    The current formula for glass has been reduced, thankyou devs. I suggest that glass below a certain depth, require a strengthening agent. Those aluminum oxide crystals in the reef combined with glass to make stronger glass for deeper bases and more durability. I believe that sort of glass has just been created real world. still experimental but very similar to the "transparent aluminium" glass from the startrek movie. So very plausable recipe.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    The current formula for glass has been reduced, thankyou devs. I suggest that glass below a certain depth, require a strengthening agent. Those aluminum oxide crystals in the reef combined with glass to make stronger glass for deeper bases and more durability. I believe that sort of glass has just been created real world. still experimental but very similar to the "transparent aluminium" glass from the startrek movie. So very plausable recipe.

We already have a glass "upgrade", namely, enamelled glass. So they could just have enamelled glass do more than just make observation domes.