Exosuit

TroyHTroyH Tulsa Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205414Members
So It's finally in the game but it mostly just naps for now.
edpdlgn8ylnc.jpg

Comments

• AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    edited August 2015
    how goodly does it resist to crashes attacks?

and can it grab stuff? :)
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    how goodly does it resist to crashes attacks?

and can it grab stuff? :)

"but it mostly just naps for now."
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    edited August 2015
    oh...so i get you can't even get in it?

my bad.

Have you tried spawning it and using it on the outside? when i tried it myself it worked pretty goodly but it was the pre-alpha model.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    edited August 2015
    This one is just a statue for now. You can get in it, but you cant move or do anything but sit on it. No movement at all. Just a paperweight you can sit in.
  • 7R1P0D7R1P0D Canada Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207170Members
    Stalkers already have their own custom exosuits, we need this one working to be able to combat their combat coral composite armor
    5Ukkqm6.jpg
    icw1c4s.jpg
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I am so F---ing ready to go all Gypsy Danger on the asses of some Reaper Leviathans.
    I just dont see the exo as being combat armor. The moth will put up a better offensive I think when the upgrades are all in place.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Seamoth Torpedo launcher. This'll be fun
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Exo needs a flamethrower or something, GET AWAY FROM HER YOU #&@?$

Lol but that looks fantastic
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Seldkam wrote: »

Yeah a flamethrower underwater

• TechMasterAllenTechMasterAllen Join Date: 2015-06-28 Member: 205844Members
    How about a rail gun?
    How about a rail gun?

I'm putting my money down for a shoulder mounted Torpedo Launcher
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    I'd like the following things
    - way deeper diving range than previous vehicles
    - possibility to collect stuff when in the suit
    - maybe some extra storage space

In self defense maybe a mounted stasis rifle of some sort. Perhaps also an electric shock device to scare off predators, maybe even reapers.

Tons of possibilities here, I hope they add a lot of smart, innovative upgrades :)
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    I am so F---ing ready to go all Gypsy Danger on the asses of some Reaper Leviathans.

ALL OF MY YES.
    Hehe no one got the reference oh well :P

To be honest I'm not sure what use an exosuit will be right now, as most areas are really designed such that a Cyclops / Seamoth is best

To be honest I'm not sure what use an exosuit will be right now, as most areas are really designed such that a Cyclops / Seamoth is best

In the concept art it was depicted in the Lava Zone. So maybe it'll be able to resist lava and extreme temperatures.

In the concept art it was depicted in the Lava Zone. So maybe it'll be able to resist lava and extreme temperatures.

Hmm... hopefully there is a lot down there to discover then, though that depends on how slow/fast the Exosuit is. If it's fast then it can be running around finding things quickly keeping the game fun. But, of course if it's slow, hopefully the LB isn't designed like other biomes that require some serious searching to find the gems so to say.
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members

Hmm... hopefully there is a lot down there to discover then, though that depends on how slow/fast the Exosuit is. If it's fast then it can be running around finding things quickly keeping the game fun. But, of course if it's slow, hopefully the LB isn't designed like other biomes that require some serious searching to find the gems so to say.

hopefully it can resist acid and corrosion....who knows what these big baddies have pumpin through their veins :wink:
    Reefseeker wrote: »
    I'd like the following things
    - way deeper diving range than previous vehicles
    - possibility to collect stuff when in the suit
    - maybe some extra storage space

In self defense maybe a mounted stasis rifle of some sort. Perhaps also an electric shock device to scare off predators, maybe even reapers.

Tons of possibilities here, I hope they add a lot of smart, innovative upgrades :)

this is what the exo will be for. deep mning and resource gathering. yes there will be storage and upgrades just like the moth will have.

Yeah a flamethrower underwater

I second the underwater flamethrower. :D
    edited August 2015

if you go to the grand reef and freecam under the sea floor a few feet you will see what is on the rise for exo intent. Mining. There are crystals everywhere a few feet inside the floor and walls. That I assume will be for the exo to mine out after using the pda or some upgrade to search them out and show you where to dig.

if you go to the grand reef and freecam under the sea floor a few feet you will see what is on the rise for exo intent. Mining. There are crystals everywhere a few feet inside the floor and walls. That I assume will be for the exo to mine out after using the pda or some upgrade to search them out and show you where to dig.

Hmm... mining... crystals... IDK. There needs to be more to this game than upgrades IMO. With a non-procedurally generated world upgrades only go so far to keep a game fresh (and in my case, replayability is a top priority when I consider a game) I'm still hoping we'll be getting some different vehicles tbh >_>
    I want a thermal gauntlet for my Exosuit so I can evaporate some some idiot monster's face.

@04Leonhardt Ready to be back on top of the food chain are we? Thats ok, Im am as well. Dont want to kill everything, but the gating should, through upgrades and advancement, allow for a little evening of the odds against the larger baddies.
    edited August 2015
  • LectrionLectrion CA, US Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207243Members
    post-43470-pacific-rim-plasma-cannon-gif-oEmM.gif

OMG! SUPER POWERED REPULSION CANNON ATTACHMENT! :smiley:

Anyone else thinking this?
    Lectrion wrote: »
    post-43470-pacific-rim-plasma-cannon-gif-oEmM.gif

OMG! SUPER POWERED REPULSION CANNON ATTACHMENT! :smiley:

Anyone else thinking this?

That's_not_how_it_works_you_little_shit.png

• RaffleBaffleRaffleBaffle New York Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207279Members
    Is anyone concerned about powering this thing? Im betting itll take a metric shit ton of energy to keep going. It would be cool to see something like a laptop battery: option to craft a heavy duty extension cord to plug into the cyclops or a sea base, maybe tapping into renewable energy, plus the option to unplug and run on battery life.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    The entrance animation is really spiffy. I like that it has a round bulkhead style entrance on top. If I remember right I read somewhere that you will be able to dock it like the seamoth, so it can charge. I hope this guy lets you dive into the 1,000-1,500 underwater cave more "legit" than currently.
    I wonder how it'll dock with the Moon Pool. It's a bit taller than the Seamoth. Don't want the toes to hang down in the water yeah