New biome?: Labyrinth caves

DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
Just a idea I had to promote use of the dive reel more, amoung other items.
What about a labyrinth style tunnel system on x depth, which eventually opens into a new beautiful high level biome. (as in high lvl mats)
The biome should only be accessible by the tunnels (or terraformer obviously,). Tunnels should not allow subs to go in (on many spots.)

Obviously if its laberinth enough we may want to put some air supplies in there, every now and then.

Comments

• NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    And at the end of it you get a rare/exclusive fragment? That would be sweet, especially if it were challenging enough for people to need guides for it.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    And there could be a single predator that patrols the tunnels that can quickly make you into lunch should it spot you.

Like, since it'd be super dark, obviously, it could be drawn to light sources, so if you see one, you gotta turn off your flashlight and flee through the darkness.

I'm imagining like a big armored eel, with crab legs on its front to pull it through the caves. Could be a cousin to the Reaper Leviathan.

The caves could also house special luminous crystals that can be gathered and used like low power Flares.